PDA

View Full Version : Removing Plugins from Dreambox

mrdude
11-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Hey guys, I have a quick question - I have installed an enigma image on my dreambox and have ftp's to the box to remove some plugins that I don't want - however the image won't let me remove them by ftp.

Is there any way to remove these plugings - I have tried to chmod the dir to 755 and the files but It still won't let me remove those files. Thanks.

digger556
12-04-2007, 11:07 AM
tuxcommander ??? as a suggestion ???

btw did you find the software you were looking for.... i drew a blank... sorry

mrdude
14-04-2007, 12:00 PM
No tuxbox commander doesn't work as the file rights change when changing each dir - and delete is not an option when in the plugin dir.

As for image extraction - well I couldn't find a file for it, most probably because of the way that the images are compressed. For example rootfs/cramfs/without a bootloader etc are all different byte sizes

If you use dreamup to backup the image though no matter what image is on your box they are all the same byte size, so I might have to code my own app to do the extraction of individual files.

I have not used linux before - but I noticed that on some images there is a plugin downloader and once the plugins are downloaded and installed there is also an uninstall script to remove those. I was thinking that once a plugin is installed I could ftp into the dreambox and grab the uninstaller and mod it to remove the plugins I want to get rid off - but I haven't tried this yet as It was only a theory - if it works I'll keep you posted.

Other than that I am going to have to make a linux virtual pc on my laptop and get the neutrino or enigma cvs and build my own image, but I'll need to read up a bit on linux commands first, I assume they are much like DOS but I am sure google will point me in the proper path.

mrdude
08-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Follow up:

Well after joining another forum which had a section on learning to build Images and mod them, I installed the Ubuntu linux distro on a virtual pc - then downloaded the enigma cvs, as well as the latest cams. I have now modded some of the cvs files before building my image to what I wanted without certain plugins and my image is running sweet - although I did use my image on a cable box it would work on a sat box.

I'm planning on buying a dm600pvr this week so I'll have a bash on that next and see if it's any better as far as scanning etc.

Laters.