PDA

View Full Version : 2 Diseqc Motored Dishes on one reciever is it possible?

gov400
16-04-2007, 02:02 AM
hi

is it possible to have the feeds from 2 diseqc motor dishes connected to one dreambox.

I currently have at the moment:
A gibertini dish mounted on a stabhh120 which gets me 13e, 16e, 19.2e and 28.2e ( due to a stupid neighbours wall i cannot get anything west of hotbird at this point of the building )

I have an old working 70cm dish lying around. I want to mount this the front of my house with another diseqc motor so i can hopefully get 7e, 5e, 1w, 15w, 30w.

Both dishes are in North London

I want it setup so that when i flick to say digitalb it turns the gibbi dish and then when i zap to cabo it turns the 70cm dish. IS this at all possible

McDude
17-04-2007, 02:09 AM
I'm no expert but i think it would be possible in 2 ways:

First is by using an A-B switch. The only downside to this is having to get up and flicking the switch each time you want to use a different dish

The other alternative is by using a diseqc switch. I use one of these and have 2 dishes connected to it. One motorised dish-set as diseqc AA and a fixed dish, set-diseqc AB. This works well and i can see no reason why it shouldn't work with 2 motorised dishes set up similarly

Well that's my contribution for what it's worth :)

baz
17-04-2007, 07:00 AM
gov i have a 7020 and do have a 1.8m with a superjack on a vbox (which uses diseq 1.2 commands ) and a fixed dish just for 28 east, this works fine using a simple a/b diseq switch
the motor uses the diseq a (or 1 in some cases) and the fixed dish uses b (2)

so on sat config you have to choose
non-standard user defined configuration
and assign the number of lnb for every satellite
the satellites on the dish you use at the back of the house will use the same number, so lnb 0 uses diseq a

and lnb 1 on configuration uses diseq b which will be dish at front of the house

so if you use diseq switch a for 1 dish and diseq b for other dish i can see no reason why it will not work

gov400
17-04-2007, 10:51 AM
i was told it couldnt be done. 2 diseqc motors working on one reciever unless i had a 7025 as its got 2 tuners.

Looks like ill have to move the dish again,

Thanks for the help

McDude
17-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Not sure if that's true mate because when you flick over to a particular channel (on a particular sat) then if the diseqc switch does it's job properly your receiver will only recognise the one diseqc motorised dish.

An A-B switch will definetely do the job though

baz
18-04-2007, 06:59 AM
gov if i get time this weekend i will try it for you, i still have a stab motor on roof which i am not using since i installed the 1.8 with superjack

gov400
18-04-2007, 01:21 PM
gov if i get time this weekend i will try it for you, i still have a stab motor on roof which i am not using since i installed the 1.8 with superjack

that would be dead useful mate cheers ;)