PDA

View Full Version : Lg 47"lcd

DaDragon
18-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Just seen an advert for this LCD tv in a news paper it has 2 hdmi sockets and built in freeview it's a massive 47"!!!.My Samsung is 46" and i paid nearly 2 grand for that last year,this one will be sold at A*di stores from thursday the 19April for just £1099.99!!!!.In case anyone is looking for a new tele,this might be the place to start,oh and it has a 3year warranty.Bloody hell!!!:eek:
Regards DaDragon

bruccy
18-04-2007, 05:35 PM
and it does 1080p !!! would like to see a demo first before buying

foxy
18-04-2007, 05:53 PM
i.ve got the 37in version and ithink its spot on

fernandez
18-04-2007, 06:21 PM
There's a very long thread (7 pages and growing) on another forum which deals with AV (hope it's OK saying that)
BTW - it's *not* an LG brand. The ads state that the panel is made by LG (who make most LCD panels)

@bruccy
A demo in an A*di store :D :D

fernandez
19-04-2007, 07:35 AM
This is copied from another forum, but I hope it will be useful

"Working in an Aldi myself i feel i should clarify out guarantee and returns policy. Basically, you do get a 3 year manufacturers guarantee with most electricals we sell.

However, you used to get a 1 year return to store policy which you no longer get. You now get 30 days with which to return the product for a refund, after that if it's faulty you will have to call the manufacturer (Tevion in this case) and they will sort it out for you (repair/replace), if it's not faulty however and you've simply changed your mind there's always *bay .

I should also point out that you must keep all the receipts and it's advisable to keep the box if you think you may need to return it when it's not faulty. I should also point out that if you do come back AFTER 30 days wishing to receive a refund on a product you will be out of luck, receipt or not as store managers are not authorised to do this, neither are area managers. It would go to a director of the company who would have to assess the situation. However, the store manager would be more than happy to chase up the manufacturers if you have no luck with their helplines."

jassie
19-04-2007, 12:00 PM
This is copied from another forum, but I hope it will be useful

"Working in an Aldi myself i feel i should clarify out guarantee and returns policy. Basically, you do get a 3 year manufacturers guarantee with most electricals we sell.

However, you used to get a 1 year return to store policy which you no longer get. You now get 30 days with which to return the product for a refund, after that if it's faulty you will have to call the manufacturer (Tevion in this case) and they will sort it out for you (repair/replace), if it's not faulty however and you've simply changed your mind there's always *bay .

I should also point out that you must keep all the receipts and it's advisable to keep the box if you think you may need to return it when it's not faulty. I should also point out that if you do come back AFTER 30 days wishing to receive a refund on a product you will be out of luck, receipt or not as store managers are not authorised to do this, neither are area managers. It would go to a director of the company who would have to assess the situation. However, the store manager would be more than happy to chase up the manufacturers if you have no luck with their helplines."

cheers for the info mate, it clears up a lot, bought one this morning.

fernandez
19-04-2007, 12:46 PM
cheers for the info mate, it clears up a lot, bought one this morning.

When you get it set up it would helpful/interesting to have your review of it
Cheers

jassie
19-04-2007, 04:25 PM
When you get it set up it would helpful/interesting to have your review of it
Cheers

will do, hopefully during the weekend, the tv's still at the Dagenham store, will be going to pick it up tonight when the van comes back, cheers:) :)

DaDragon
20-04-2007, 11:59 AM
I am looking forward to your review jassie.Cheers.
Regards DaDragon

fernandez
20-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Evidently should the set need attention outside of the 30 day 'return to store' arrangement but within the 36 month warranty, Tevion require you to return the set - at your expense - to a service centre in Co. Durham (N.E. England).
Estimated cost around £60 for an item of this size and weight.
One review I have read says...

"....whatever, the weight and size of this item makes it difficult to return, shouldn't Tevion be liable to collect and return faulty items under any warranty?

I checked for dead pixels yesterday and with black screen up close you can see lots, I really wouldn't like to try counting them, but they are small, just wonder what is the dead pixel cut-off for a 1920 x 1080 screen

....and still unable to specify any other input for PIP than either HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 "

jassie
23-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Ok chaps what I have found after lugging the big mother up the stairs, the screen brightness is not as good as the 50 inch plasma we bought 3 months back. To switch from one connection to the next you have to select from drop down menu, it wont auto detect when you've switched it on. Pixels arent bad, but all in all I am suspicious of this customer care issue. Also the freeview channels suggest the aeriel is not sucking enough signal in, but this was never a problem with any other tv or video. I was adviced that it could be returned within 30 days with complete packaging so I have kept hold of it all before deciding shall I return it and go for a Pioneer plasma, Fernandez, will they kick up a fuss if I try and return it, I am wary about having to send them it if there any problems myself:eek: :eek:

zad
23-04-2007, 10:51 AM
cant see them having a problem in you returning it mate, providing that you have kept it in a+ condition with all the packing and your reciept!

jassie
23-04-2007, 11:23 AM
cant see them having a problem in you returning it mate, providing that you have kept it in a+ condition with all the packing and your reciept!

or I could always just take it back to Fernanadez' store;) ;)

DaDragon
23-04-2007, 02:08 PM
jassie thanks for the effort,seems what with the dead pixels that fernandez mentioned and the fact that the freeview seems to need extra juice,maybe it's best to get shut while you can.My 46"Samsung lcd hasn't got one single dead pixel.Looks like you get what you pay for(As usual)!!!!
Regards DaDragon

jassie
23-04-2007, 03:17 PM
jassie thanks for the effort,seems what with the dead pixels that fernandez mentioned and the fact that the freeview seems to need extra juice,maybe it's best to get shut while you can.My 46"Samsung lcd hasn't got one single dead pixel.Looks like you get what you pay for(As usual)!!!!
Regards DaDragon

yeah problem is I've got a 32 inch Samsung, which started playing up within three months of buying it and it's still doing that months later after repairs and now the warranty is about to expire too:frown: :frown: