PDA

View Full Version : Picture Break up

Tumbling Dice
21-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Hi M8s (back again)

I am having picture break up on TM1500 CI+ firstly my dish is aligned spot on no doubt I have tracked 53 east Russian channels right over to 45 west on a 1 meter dish but it was only happening on the dragon cam channels so what I did was use Darkmans Patch hoping it may cure the problem but its still happening I have fine tuned the signal on 19e Prem*er and I am still getting break up so I went on to a few FTA channels on 19 east for about an hour and had no break up, my LNB is a 0.3db invacom and have 90 % signal strength, its just the same on ESPN & the hussy Channel on 5 east

Kind Regards
TD

echelon
22-04-2007, 09:20 AM
might not be anything to do with your problem but I know ppl have strange happenings when the channel list is up near the maximum of 5000

so try deleting unwanted tv and radio channels and see if it still happens or not ( after a full reboot , mains off , mains on )

rover
22-04-2007, 10:18 AM
hi guys,i was having this trouble yesterday watching footie on premier on 19 with my technomate 1500ci level 97 quality 82 causing pixels i think its down to atmospherics,

Tumbling Dice
22-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Cheers for the replys M8s

Done a factory reset just now ? interesting what Echelon said ? I did plum in just about every sat I could get so I will just do the h*cked packages satellite only (more important) and see how it goes

Kind Regards TD

welshpaddy
22-04-2007, 11:40 AM
was getting the same problem on humax yesterday reckon it was atmospherics

grassie
22-04-2007, 11:45 AM
was also getting same problem but only on prem*** when watching the footy using technomate 1500ci+

Tumbling Dice
22-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi M8s

I have just done a factory reset just plumed in a few satellites tried the dragan cam got break up again, so did another reset and loaded darkman patch no cam in the slot and it still does it with the patch very soon after ? this 1500 could be in the bin ASAP cant do with the break up i was thinking maybe a bad scart but like I say its just the H*cked packages that it does it on fine on FTA channels

Regards

TD (time for a cup of tea) :mad:

Tumbling Dice
22-04-2007, 12:15 PM
was also getting same problem but only on prem*** when watching the footy using technomate 1500ci+

how long have you had you STB M8 mines about a week (as yours been OK so far if you have had it for a time up to now)

Regards
TD

alison433
22-04-2007, 12:16 PM
same here on premier only.all day pictur freezing etc.

ekon
22-04-2007, 12:38 PM
me too..watching Pirates of the Caribbean last night on Prem direkt.Technom8-1000D

A
22-04-2007, 12:41 PM
its on many boxes so dont worry, try taking the dragon out and use just the emu

grassie
22-04-2007, 12:53 PM
@ tumbling dice iv`e had the box just over a year and never had a pixellated picture even tho the quality and signal was ok, as i say it was only happening on prem*** all other packages was ok
it was like when the signal quality drops below about 63% and then u get a pixellated picture
i tried tweeking the dish slightly still the same even got the ladders out and had a look at all the fixings all ok
i had a clear out of a load of chanells that i don`t watch as echelon says our boxes could have been nearly full and this was causing a problem did all this last night before i saw this thread
just checked now and all is stable hope this helps u

regards grassie

Tumbling Dice
22-04-2007, 01:49 PM
@ tumbling dice iv`e had the box just over a year and never had a pixellated picture even tho the quality and signal was ok, as i say it was only happening on prem*** all other packages was ok
it was like when the signal quality drops below about 63% and then u get a pixellated picture
i tried tweeking the dish slightly still the same even got the ladders out and had a look at all the fixings all ok
i had a clear out of a load of chanells that i don`t watch as echelon says our boxes could have been nearly full and this was causing a problem did all this last night before i saw this thread
just checked now and all is stable hope this helps u

regards grassie

Hi Grassie thanks for info (+echelon) but I have done that M8 still got the problem but what I have just read in this thread its happening a lot just now if I got 6 months out of the box itself (not patch) I would happy be with the price of it but when you get something new and its playing up you automaticly think its got a fault
wonder if the networks are trying to knock out the patch in someway just a thought

Regards

forgot to say its not as bad with the patch on

TD

echelon
22-04-2007, 03:17 PM
dont forget to turn the patch off when using the dragon cam or they will fight and cause this problem

so

patch on = no cam

cam in = patch off

2004 in system info to turn it off and on

vrlika
22-04-2007, 03:55 PM
i have the same problem picture freeziong on 19e and couple of channels on 16e the ignal is jumping from 57-83% the plum is spot on and all sat are fine.
strange

Tumbling Dice
22-04-2007, 06:24 PM
dont forget to turn the patch off when using the dragon cam or they will fight and cause this problem

so

patch on = no cam

cam in = patch off

2004 in system info to turn it off and on

Cheers M8 Yes I had done that when I tried cam off and on read it from a post you put on the board

Regards

Tumbling Dice
22-04-2007, 06:32 PM
just tried genuine TM Firmware from the firmware section on the board here and tried my Dragon but still got the break up wish my old faithfull echostar had not gone to the knackers yard in the sky

TD (time for a cup of tea) :mad:

he-man
22-04-2007, 06:58 PM
funny this ,im having the same problem with premier on my humax 2000hdci keep getting no signal flashing up .weird:confused:

echelon
22-04-2007, 07:31 PM
a lot of ppl are reporting these problems using different boxes , and most ppl seem to think its either atmospherics or a problem at their end ( or on the astra satellites )

so it may not be a box problem after all

Tumbling Dice
22-04-2007, 07:56 PM
a lot of ppl are reporting these problems using different boxes , and most ppl seem to think its either atmospherics or a problem at their end ( or on the astra satellites )

so it may not be a box problem after all

I have been scouting round and yes Echelon its growing is the problem with the sound of it so I feel better that my stb is not faulty ? as we all know in this game some times its sit and wait and see if a patch comes out it could be just affecting certain boxes maybe with a different chip in or something like that bit like the cams in the past like the Magic Cam it had two makes of chip I think ? so it could be just affecting boxes with a different make of chip to the ones that have the other ? just second guessing at this though

TD

vrlika
22-04-2007, 09:46 PM
I reckon its alien signal clashing with the sats ha ha ha:D

far
23-04-2007, 03:35 AM
I've had this breakup with our favourite German provider with my Skystar 2 since at least Saturday - I initially thought my card was on the way out but good to hear others have the same problem too.

techmob
23-04-2007, 10:12 AM
same problem on 19e premier only with a dreambox dm500

this is not an emu problem but more to do with signal

as when the pixelation happens or slight breakup the BER peaks, but it is normally always at 0

SNR is 91%

so i have the same problem as other people

Tumbling Dice
23-04-2007, 03:28 PM
I have just dug my old EchoStar out of retirement and looped it through to the EchoStar with the dragon cam in got rid of the breakup OK rather lose a few channels than watching the picture jumping about and if a patch comes up for the TM that works I will put the EchoStar back to bed I was going to sell the echo but glad I have held on to it even if it’s a bit old and out dated now

TD :)

rick shaw
23-04-2007, 04:05 PM
I have had this happening on premier on 19e also. I'm using dreambox 7020.gemini image and cccam 1.7.1. It looks like the problem is on many different stb's. Rick

MrTwisted
23-04-2007, 07:13 PM
The problem appears to be satellite side as its appearing on many different platforms. If I recall correctly, the Earth was in contact with a solar wind from a coronal hole this weekend. Maybe it was causing a bit of glitching in the satellite circuitry...

Tumbling Dice
24-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Just an update I switched patch back on for 15w and i go no breakup at all for the hour I was watching the programmes went to 5 east and it started breaking up so kicked the loop through back in to play

TD

nosmo king
24-04-2007, 06:28 PM
if like me

found a spider nesting in 0.3db invacom LNB

good idea to see

Tumbling Dice
24-04-2007, 10:56 PM
if like me

found a spider nesting in 0.3db invacom LNB

good idea to see

My spider must behave on 15 w LOL