PDA

View Full Version : Two FTA receivers on one antena with two satellites.How??? without changing LNBs?

jezekilj
25-04-2007, 05:14 AM
:confused: Guys please help

I have built in antenna in my building, it hase two satellites and I approach them by setting receiver to disec swich\ A and B.

How to put one more receiver and connect to the same cable

I cannot change nothing on the antenna .

Is it possible?

Thanks

echelon
25-04-2007, 07:30 AM
if your receiver has a loopthru you can add a second one , bearing in mind that if the first receiver is on it is controlling the switch and the lnb so only some of the same channels can be viewed on the second receiver

putting the first reciever on standby would allow the second one to work on any sat and any channel

you cannot get full independence on both receivers without separate feeds , but its better than nothing

jezekilj
25-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Is there anything like DIsecq splitter or something that will alow to make them independent?

echelon
25-04-2007, 08:06 AM
no m8 , cant do it that way

to be independent you need separate feeds involving 2 diseqc switches and 2 twin output or quad output lnb,s

jezekilj
25-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Can I at least wach independently same bird on those two receivers???

How?

echelon
25-04-2007, 11:02 AM
only some of it as it depends what the controlling receiver is tuned to

so some channels will work on both , but not all whilst both are switched on

the main receiver would get anything you tune to , but the slave receiver would only get the channels using the same polarity and the same hi or lo band as the main

the 4 possibilities are:- HI-V , HI-H , LO-V , LO-H

you need completely separate coax feeds for total independence as I have already said earlier

jezekilj
25-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanx on total explanation

ManikM
25-04-2007, 12:36 PM
if your receiver has a loopthru you can add a second one , bearing in mind that if the first receiver is on it is controlling the switch and the lnb so only some of the same channels can be viewed on the second receiver

putting the first reciever on standby would allow the second one to work on any sat and any channel

you cannot get full independence on both receivers without separate feeds , but its better than nothing

also, not all receivers "let go" of the power to the LNB when in Standby - so this might not work