PDA

View Full Version : Ferguson HF-8800 HD - first HD rec with emu :D

kuba2222
25-04-2007, 10:26 AM
This receiver is available in Poland - price is 340euro. I believe it is first HD receiver with emu software available, also fully functional channel editor. It has 2x CI slots and universal card reader. I think my humax prhd1000 will be replaced very soon ;)

robyn
01-05-2007, 05:40 PM
where I can buy this receiver, I live in london. thank you.

xanadu
01-05-2007, 05:50 PM
where I can buy this receiver, I live in london. thank you.

Poland.

suprapower
08-06-2007, 05:29 PM
I managed to get one, really superb machine, you`ll never think Humax again!

AND !
they`re now in the UK

expect to pay £250 (and well worth it)

Asaphus
08-06-2007, 05:29 PM
According to the specs sheet, there's no support for motorised DISEQC:confused:.

suprapower
08-06-2007, 05:34 PM
yes, motorised/USALS/Diseqc all the options,
HDMI, 2CI and! the CAS EMU

Asaphus
08-06-2007, 07:05 PM
yes, motorised/USALS/Diseqc all the options,
HDMI, 2CI and! the CAS EMU

Thanks for the info m8:).
How does it work with the emu?

kinace
25-06-2007, 03:08 PM
do these boxes use a null modem or a serial cable to update

ive tried the dvbextreme file with the serial cable which was supplied with it and it stays on 0%.

thanks

DaOne
25-06-2007, 03:41 PM
I managed to get one, really superb machine, you`ll never think Humax again!

AND !
they`re now in the UK

expect to pay £250 (and well worth it)

Just a few questions

Is it linux Software based?
Where in england for £250+ please give us A link or info if possible?

DaOne
25-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Here is some more info

The HDTV Receiver of Ferguson does not look noble only, but he has also good equipment. The Ferguson HF 8800 hp possesses 2 CI Slots and inserted card reader. For which coding system of the card readers is meant, that is akuell not well-known. The equipment supports the DVB-S and DVB-S2 kind of condition. By the HDMI connection can be connected the equipment optimally with a HDTV television. The transmitter names are indicated in alphanumeric display in plain text. A multilingual OSD menu and a EPG function belong likewise to the equipment of the Ferguson HF 8800 HDTV of Receivers.

• Alphanumeric Display
• Similar audio exit (Cinch)
• Audio und Video Cinch Ausgang
• Digital audio exit (AC3)
• DiSEqC 1,0, 1,2, compatibly and USALS
• EPG support (electronics Program Guide)
• LNB grind through exit
• Multilingual OSD menu
• Very fast channel change in less than one second
• Serial interface RS232
• Software updates over satellite
• Timer function
• Support of Bouquet lists
• Videotex

applematt
25-06-2007, 03:54 PM
whats the video board capable of displaying ?

DaOne
25-06-2007, 03:58 PM
whats the video board capable of displaying ?

I don't know as of yet but you can find this box on flea bay for £200 + £10 courrier

I will not purchase one unless i know for sure this box is Linux embedded.:D

Andrew007
26-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Looks very nice BUT it can only hold about 3500 Channels..:eek::confused:
which nowadays is NOT enough ...
Seems the only draw back for me..
There are HD Receivers out there with a Capacity of 10.000..which is definitely enough for the next few years.
But they are ALL different and I suppose its what you really want it for thats important as to which one you get..
The EMU is very tempting though...!!
Cheers;)
Andrew

applematt
26-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Got a Humax + Dialblo Cam from GoldWaffers - to watch Wimbledon in 1080i works a dream.

Good support from this HD Reciever - and very fast and picture quality is unreal.

kinace
27-06-2007, 02:03 PM
you need the following:-

Null-Modem cable
HD Ugrade V2.21 which you can obtain on the ferguson homepage
Firmware 11017F for Premiere
A valid softcam.key file

Step 1:

Turn off the Device (switch on back)

Step 2:

Connect the HD Receiver an the PC via Null Modem

Step 3:

Start HD Upgrade 2.21
click Browse and open the "DvbXtreme-11017F.sgn" File out of the downloaded archive
select serial port
click "start"
when asked turn on the Receiver, firmware will be installed (aprox. 2 minutes)
wait for the device to reboot

Step 4:

turn off the device with (switch on the back)
start DreamLoader 2.02
select com port
press connect
press download and select softcam.key
switch on device
wait some time and reboot the receiver

done ;)

translated by d_1734 (dvbxtreme)

kinace
27-06-2007, 02:13 PM
ive seen screenies of this box using newcamd and radegast servers connecting through the serial port so it looks promising atm apart from the number of channels it can store.

dubious
09-09-2007, 09:13 PM
I got fed up waiting for a decent linux HD box so this will do I think until one comes along.

Can someone point me to a good download site and/or forum for this box, preferably with English, without breaking forum rules. A PM will do nicely :)

I would appreciate any or all info from members regarding this box.

spud
09-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Just a few questions

Is it linux Software based?

Anyone answer this???

makaveli
10-09-2007, 10:04 AM
hi Spud,

I took the plunge and bought one of flea bay but still waiting for delivery. i don't think there is anywhere where you can find info in english on this box, everything is either german or polish unfortunately, if you look in the previous posts above you will find a hint as to what board you can get software from starts with dvb!!!

makaveli
10-09-2007, 10:06 AM
sorry the last post was for dubious.

I don't think this box is linux based from the sound of things but i could be wrong

dubious
10-09-2007, 11:58 AM
hi Spud,

I took the plunge and bought one of flea bay but still waiting for delivery. i don't think there is anywhere where you can find info in english on this box, everything is either german or polish unfortunately, if you look in the previous posts above you will find a hint as to what board you can get software from starts with dvb!!!

Thanks for that m8, I too am waiting for mine to be delivered. I did manage to find the DVBextreme site but was unable to join that forum. However I did find all the tools and the latest firmware DvbXtreme-11030F.sgn elsewhere. What I don't understand is can you send a normal softcam.key file to this box ?

@spud, this box is not linux, at least not in a format that is useful to us.

makaveli
10-09-2007, 12:18 PM
i am not sure regarding the softcam i'll just have to wait and see when i get it. i'll post results as soon as i receive it and test

wwe
10-09-2007, 01:21 PM
i am interested in this, looking forward to a full review when you gat your

cheers

wwe

dubious
14-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Well got my 8800 and I just can't fault it, it just works perfectly.

All the information and instructions for this box are either Polish or German but really it is so simple to setup you don't really need instructions anyway.
Instuctions although in German comes with pictures anyway, so easy to follow.

Within 15 mins of getting it out the box I had it up and running and decoding PW HD with internal emu.

Luckily I found an an all-in-one tool that does everything you need to do, load new firmware, send softcam.key and channel editor, as it happens this tool is in English.

So what's good about this box ?

Well just about everything
Stunning Picture quality on HD on my 55" Sony
Fantastic upscaled SD picture quality on my 55" Sony
Built in emu (TPS AU) which takes standard softcam.key or easy manual input
Diablo works along side built in emu with no conflict(very rare)
Multicrypt card reader when patched
Correct handling of the Premiere portals(a big thumbs up for this)
Easy use Toolkit
VFD which shows the channel name
Good build quality and nice looking box
I just can't find any bugs as hard as i tried !

So what's bad about this box ?

Well, nothing I can find.
Some people may find the 5000 channel capacity is limiting but I don't think so. When scanning you can choose to download just TV channels.

I scanned in Astra 28, Astra 19 and hotbird which I think you will agree are the 3 main birds. After deleting all the cr@p (data channels etc) using the channel editor I had a total of 2439 channels so 5000 should be enough for any man.

Any questions just ask :)

spud
14-09-2007, 10:27 PM
How many HD channels can you get that are open mate?

dubious
14-09-2007, 10:39 PM
How many HD channels can you get that are open mate?

Well, across the 3 sats I have scanned in, there is BBC HD and 2 PW channels plus 4 or 5 other German and promtional channels.

I'm, sure there are alot more on other sats I shall be scanning in.

spud
14-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Well, across the 3 sats I have scanned in, there is BBC HD and 2 PW channels plus 4 or 5 other German and promtional channels.

I'm, sure there are alot more on other sats I shall be scanning in.

How much did you pay mate?
It's a great looking box also,:D

Just don't know if i should wait.

dubious
14-09-2007, 10:52 PM
How much did you pay mate?
It's a great looking box also,:D

Just don't know if i should wait.

Well, like alot of others I've been waiting for the DM8000, I'm a big Dreambox fan, but I'm just tired of waiting. As soon as a decent Linux HD box appears I shall move on the Fergy.

It cost £211 delivered from Germany and it came in 2 days !!

spud
14-09-2007, 11:10 PM
great price.

Do you have any problems reading cards?Which card are you using?
I'm running a TM9100 and slyhd box at the moment.

Dropped my HD sub with Sly as i thought the quality was crap except bbchd.

dubious
14-09-2007, 11:21 PM
I have a DM7025 and I loop the LNB through that to the 8800 with no problems.

Currently I have a Viaccess card in the internal reader and a Sky FTV card in the Diablo. The great thing is it all just works without any conflicts.

spud
14-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Thanks for replies mate,will keep an eye on these,still hoping Dreambox will be out by 2010.:frown:

dubious
14-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Thanks for replies mate,will keep an eye on these,still hoping Dreambox will be out by 2010.:frown:

Same here m8 but in the meantime this will do me nicely :)

wwe
15-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Well got my 8800 and I just can't fault it, it just works perfectly.

All the information and instructions for this box are either Polish or German but really it is so simple to setup you don't really need instructions anyway.
Instuctions although in German comes with pictures anyway, so easy to follow.

Within 15 mins of getting it out the box I had it up and running and decoding PW HD with internal emu.

Luckily I found an an all-in-one tool that does everything you need to do, load new firmware, send softcam.key and channel editor, as it happens this tool is in English.

So what's good about this box ?

Well just about everything
Stunning Picture quality on HD on my 55" Sony
Fantastic upscaled SD picture quality on my 55" Sony
Built in emu (TPS AU) which takes standard softcam.key or easy manual input
Diablo works along side built in emu with no conflict(very rare)
Multicrypt card reader when patched
Correct handling of the Premiere portals(a big thumbs up for this)
Easy use Toolkit
VFD which shows the channel name
Good build quality and nice looking box
I just can't find any bugs as hard as i tried !

So what's bad about this box ?

Well, nothing I can find.
Some people may find the 5000 channel capacity is limiting but I don't think so. When scanning you can choose to download just TV channels.

I scanned in Astra 28, Astra 19 and hotbird which I think you will agree are the 3 main birds. After deleting all the cr@p (data channels etc) using the channel editor I had a total of 2439 channels so 5000 should be enough for any man.

Any questions just ask :)

What site did you use for dowloading the firmware and shareware for this box and also wjay site is best for support. You might need to pm me this info before i buy it.

cheers

wwe

dubious
15-09-2007, 12:31 PM
I've put together a little Package for this box which contains everything you need to get it up and running apart from an up-to-date softcam.key which obviously you can get from this fine forum :)

hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/55878991/Ferguson_HF8800HD.zip

wwe
15-09-2007, 01:01 PM
I've put together a little Package for this box which contains everything you need to get it up and running apart from an up-to-date softcam.key which obviously you can get from this fine forum :)

xxxx://rapidshare.com/files/55878991/Ferguson_HF8800HD.zip
^^^
http

thanks very much i have this now great stuff well done

wwe

tangomak
16-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Hi Dubius

Thank you for this all this info:D

will come in handy if i get Ferguson HF-8800HD

tangomak;)

makaveli
20-09-2007, 03:18 PM
I finally received my fergy yesterday and i must say that the quality of HD is outstanding, but SD looks worse on it than my technomate1000 and humax 5400. also question for dubious does TPS keep freezing every 5-10seconds or so? works well with dragon cam-using that to decrypt NASN as the emu on the fergy doesn't seem to do it (might be the softcam.key file i'm using the same one as the technomates). I wonder if the pace 810 gives a better picture on both HD and SD? has anyone tried both receivers? I must say that BBC HD looks absolutely phenomenal @ 1080i.

dubious
20-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Strange you find SD quality poor, as i find it better than my 7025 and alot better than my TV's inbuilt Freeview. Is this over the HDMI connection ?
Did you try it over the scart connection ? or maybe changing the resolution output for SD.

I use the built in emu for Premiere and TPS only and so those are the only keys I send to the box. For everything else I use the Diablo because of it's AU capabilities at the moment I also removed TPS keys from the Diablo to doubly ensure no conflicts. I get no freezes on TPS.

makaveli
21-09-2007, 04:17 PM
thanks for the info dubious i didn't have a chance to check again yesterday but i'll try and play with the settings of the telly and the ferguson to try and improve the SD picture quality. I think it's the upscaling that is actually making the picture worse than it should be.

madgooner
23-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi chaps my only concern i have if i bought this reciever where would you get all the updates from as everything on the net is cech or german. Any ideas?

dude66
25-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Hi guys,
Thinking of getting one.I see them on Fle**** but they are silver. Are they the same??
Hope I am not making a mistake!
Please give us more update about receiver.
Thank you.
Dude66:D

makaveli
26-09-2007, 10:54 AM
i have the silver one and it seems to be exactly the same apart from colour. I have not seen any references to any differences between the two.

madgooner
26-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Any more info eg what emu can u use etc camd3

makaveli
26-09-2007, 11:50 AM
it is not a linux box like technomate or dreambox it has it's own emu though what that emu is based on i don't know

dude66
26-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Well I bought mine last night via Flea BAY...I got a link to download updates vis shop I bought it.....Fingers crossed!
Humax HDCI in the attic! Hate it!

jacker
26-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Well I bought mine last night via Flea BAY...I got a link to download updates vis shop I bought it.....Fingers crossed!
Humax HDCI in the attic! Hate it!
Dude66:DHi Dude, Can you pm me where you bought it from, I'm having trouble finding one, thanks

billkdy
28-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Seem to be having a problem installing with HD Upgrader.

Switch off Fergy - then connect null modem cable and start HD Upgrader.

This is where the problem starts - as soon as I start the HD Upgrader I get and error violation and get no further.

Any help or suggestions really appreciated.

billkdy

makaveli
28-09-2007, 12:48 PM
the ferguson should be completely off from the power switch at the back, the null modem should be connected and hdupgrader started. this should mean for you that the program is running and that you have started the firmware file download to your receiver (please note that your receiver should still be off and progress bar will be on 0%). after you have done that you switch on the ferguson and it will take the firmware upgrade and the progress bar will start to move. please note that in order to go from the emu firmware to the official one you have to reset the ferguson using the firmware reset file otherwise it will not let you as the emu firmware revision number is higher than the official one. hope this is clear

billkdy
28-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Tried exactly what you have said but cannot get further than trying to start HD upgrader then this message appears - system error&h8007007E (-2147024770).

Totally bamboozled

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help

billkdy

makaveli
28-09-2007, 01:04 PM
try a different PC if you can

billkdy
28-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Will do - will let you know the outcome.

billkdy

billkdy
29-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Tried with another computer - no luck getting HD upgrader to work.

Strange how there is no problem with Dream Loader! My laptop recognises that and will sent to the Fergy.

Any other way of sending the upgrade software to the Fergy?

Help required.

Many thanks
billkdy

billkdy
30-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Now got the software to update using HD Upgrader.

Have installed the latest softcam but no picture on PW.

Any help appreciated.

bilkdy

dubious
30-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Now got the software to update using HD Upgrader.

Have installed the latest softcam but no picture on PW.

Any help appreciated.

bilkdy

Press menu > go to advanced > key in 1234 this will bring up the keylist where you can check the softcam.key has loaded correctly. Under nagra2 you should be able to see the current PW key.

billkdy
30-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Done as you said but still no picture on PW.

When I enter 1234 and get to the encryption menu I have six options - only one N***A though. - should N***A 2 show as a separate encryption?

What's the best softcam to use to achieve the outcome I desire?

Many thanks for your help

billkdy

makaveli
30-09-2007, 05:59 PM
i use the technomate softcam seems fine for me but others maybe using a better one.

dude66
01-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Well mine arrived just now!!!:D Very fast delivery!! You can trust German efficiency!!
Must now install it and have fun!!!
Bye bye Humax HDCI!!:D
Will keep you posted on how it runs with Diablo cam,Aston cam and EMU....

madgooner
01-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Dude66 have fun still waiting for mine hopefully tomorrow. Tell us what software you use.:)

dude66
01-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Hi did not change soft yet...did a scan on Astra and hotbird for the crack....everything decode super fast with Diablo...will explore more later...So far very impressed.;)

dude66
02-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Well,
The cas reader have problems reading my C+ card (7.1) picture breaks up regularly, same with Aston cam 1.05 and Diablo cam.
T*s is freezing also since patching receiver with latest emu patch(did not send softcam as I have diablo)...wonder if I should reverse back to original soft....
Otherwise super fast decoding on PW and D+.
Could not find a suitable list so scaning mine transponder by transponder and by provider then will sort them out in section, general,films,cartoons and so on....

dude66
02-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Onother thing...
Premiere portal is NOT working for me....I see the channels in portal but when I press ok nothing happens.
How do you work this out??
Thank
Dude66:rolleyes:

dude66
02-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Ok got it working now...You need original soft for fergy to find all channels data....then your portal for Premiere direct,sport and ****....I presume loading emu soft after will be fine.
Dude66

knight50
02-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Dude66
If you have the time, put a how to guide together for this box. I have one on order and have been trying to decipher the german boards with little success
Kind regards Satwelsh

dude66
02-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Ok will try...Doing channel list right now...Takes me a long time as I do transponder by transponder(my choice) otherwise you can do automatic scan if you wish on all sat.

jacker
02-10-2007, 05:37 PM
I have the instructions in English for the HF8800HD, its a PDF file, how can I post it here ?. Jacker They are here now https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=73171

Gone_Fishing
02-10-2007, 05:53 PM
I have the instructions in English for the HF8800HD, its a PDF file, how can I post it here ?. Jacker

Post it here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=388

TNT

dude66
03-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Another little tip for Vista users.....To run HD upgrader you have to right clic on the exe program and run it "as administrator" other wise you get an error.
Take care.
This box is super fast with emu and softcam keys!!
BRILLANT!!!

dude66
03-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Guys,
Tps is freezing constantly for me...Why is that?? I loaded latest softcam keys,perfect on D+ and PW.
Can you help?

madgooner
04-10-2007, 07:55 AM
Got my new box very nice indead. Loaded DvbXtreme 11039F.sgn onto reciever after trying the older one 11017 (which didnt work either). Loaded TM Softcam with Dream Loader 2.07 and then tried the prems nothing works. Checked the keys there is keys for nag.
Perhaps Dude66 can help dont really understand what you had done on message number 62
Thanks

makaveli
04-10-2007, 09:40 AM
there are two technomate softcams I use the 1000sereis softcam which is tmsoftcam and not TMsoftcam if that helps, also when loading the softcam of it shows 96bytes then the file is incorrect

makaveli
04-10-2007, 11:44 AM
also in reply to dude66 my receiver also freezes every 5-10seconds on tps. also the auto update on tps is a bit hit and miss for me, unless i switch off the receiver from the switch at the back it doesn't seem to auto update.

dude66
04-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi guys,
I used softcam keys from another forum the are NOT specific to a decodeur that is why I use them.
But franckly The freezing put me off on TPS....So I will use original soft from Ferguson....until there is a solution.
I have Diablo cam anyway wich run perfect anyway with it and it is AU on D+ and PW.....

Where di you find 11039F soft I use 11030F?
Thanks.
Dude66

madgooner
04-10-2007, 12:28 PM
It was the 11030F must have had my mind on my job when i was typing that will be the first!:D

madgooner
07-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Still cant get premier on tried a few softcams still nothing what am i doing wrong got 11030F on? Even give me a message if you want thanks.

dude66
07-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Madgooners you got a PM!;)
Good luck

madgooner
07-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks mate found the file works great !

dude66
07-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Glad you got it!! Enjoy!!:D;)

billkdy
07-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Can't seem to be able to see the above part of the P******* package.

Can view the rest - it doesn't seem to matter which Softcam key I use - any suggestions?

billkdy

dude66
08-10-2007, 11:04 AM
@billkdy
You got PM;)

billkdy
08-10-2007, 05:30 PM
@dude 66
Check pm

billkdy

en4orcer
08-10-2007, 08:03 PM
I recently acquired one of these boxes myself, can fault the picture quality, and it’s nice to see a thread going on here helping us out.
I do have a strange problem with sound over hdmi, I’m sure it was working when I first switched the reciever on but now I have no sound over hdmi although through the optical it is fine. It doesn’t seems to make a difference if I change the ‘TV Output’ under options but I have noticed that if I press the FUNC button enough times the sound occasionally ‘kicks’ in. I’ve bought a new cable just in case but this seems weird as I checked and double check connections and settings. Anyone else have this problem?
Also can’t pull in the P******* Star channels, any help appreciated.

en4orcer

makaveli
08-10-2007, 08:06 PM
have you tried unplugging the optical cable and see if the sound starts coming through hdmi?

en4orcer
08-10-2007, 08:11 PM
I have tried this, just did it again to check, all quiet. settings in tv out are Dolby Digital - disable and Digital audio PCM, but I've tried various combinations of each.

en4orcer

dude66
08-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Billkdy and Makavely you've got PM.

dude66
08-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Hi En4orcer,
This is the setting I have on my Box and it works perfect with my HD TV.
Scart......TVBS
TV screen...16/9
Dolby digital....Disable
Digital audio...Dolby Digital(DD)
Thats all I connected the HDMI cable and it works great.
Saying that I use my own HDMI cable NOT the one from that came with the box. Do you have a spare one?? Just in case it is the cable.
Good luck.

makaveli
09-10-2007, 03:02 PM
new frimware out today not tested yet will do so when i get home new vers no. 11.04.0F also new dreamloader v211 don't know how to attach if some one can explain i will do so

en4orcer
09-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Thanks Dude66, have changed my settings to match yours but still no joy, suspecting it's the supplied cable, have ordered myself a new one as I needed a longer one anyway. But with the postal strike I could be waiting....Cheers
en4orcer

en4orcer
09-10-2007, 04:26 PM
When checking I can't see any biss key entries after uploading softcam (menu,advanced,1234), should I be able to see entries here?
en4orcer

makaveli
09-10-2007, 07:27 PM
new firmware is excellent solves tPS freezing issue on my receiver and seems to auto update premier and tps much faster, still can't get NASN (P) to work with out the dragon in the cam slot but that's not that big a deal. files posted in public upload area of this forum

dude66
09-10-2007, 09:54 PM
@Makaveli,
There is 2 NASN pne for premiere and one from Arena both of them decode fine with Diablo but may be the one for arena will work with patch....The frequency is 12663H 22000 5/6.
Good luck.

makaveli
09-10-2007, 10:06 PM
there are two NASN on that frequency and neither work with this new patch or the old one, but work with my dragon very strange, but at least they fixed the freezing issues I had with TPS and much better auto on premiere

Tony B2
09-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Has anyone been able to do a back-to-back HD picture comparison versus the HDCI2000?

TIA

Tony B

spud
10-10-2007, 02:14 AM
new firmware is excellent solves tPS freezing issue on my receiver and seems to auto update premier and tps much faster,

So this auto updates?Meaning you don't have to keep adding keys to get Premiere and TPS ETC?

makaveli
10-10-2007, 09:45 AM
that is correct it autoupdates premiere and tps, not sure about polsat or D+, but definately premiere and tps auto nicely.

gf58
10-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi M8's

Can somebody email best place to buy one of these receivers.

Thanks in advance

spud
11-10-2007, 12:59 AM
that is correct it autoupdates premiere and tps, not sure about polsat or D+, but definately premiere and tps auto nicely.

Very intresting,what HD channels do you get with this Reciver?

dude66
11-10-2007, 02:03 PM
@Spud and gf58
You got a PM!!:D

spud
11-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Can someone tell me which HD channels you can reciver please?
I have a motorized dish,i know i'll open BBCHD but any other?

dude66
11-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Hi spud,
With the Fergy you can open Premiere HD, Discovery HD,plus 2 other germans one on Astra and I think there is a few others 5 deg east...I think.
By the way replace the stars(*****) with FLEABAY...if you know what I mean.

spud
12-10-2007, 05:07 AM
cheers.

bobi
12-10-2007, 10:56 AM
@ dude66

can you please send me a PM from where to buy this box please

seems very intresting and i will like to give it a go

cheers

bobi

applematt
14-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi En4orcer,
This is the setting I have on my Box and it works perfect with my HD TV.
Scart......TVBS
TV screen...16/9
Dolby digital....Disable
Digital audio...Dolby Digital(DD)
Thats all I connected the HDMI cable and it works great.
Saying that I use my own HDMI cable NOT the one from that came with the box. Do you have a spare one?? Just in case it is the cable.
Good luck.

Have you tried recording with the PVR on a HD channel? if you have whats the results.

dude66
14-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Tj2 you have a PM!;)

applematt
14-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Dude66 --- you cant see a question I asked you?

xanadu
14-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Have you tried recording with the PVR on a HD channel? if you have whats the results.

It's not a PVR I thought?

applematt
14-10-2007, 03:38 PM
the Thread starts off with : Ferguson HF-8800 HD - first HD rec with emu :D rec = Receiver not recording Duh!

Thought that meant HD recording ! If its not - hopfully the lame fortec with get its act togther soon with the upcoming pvr built in, right now its gathering dust.

dude66
14-10-2007, 03:47 PM
@Applematt
Yep no PVR....Dont mind as I have a DVD recorder..;)
Sorry it took me a while to answer.

applematt
14-10-2007, 03:59 PM
@Applematt
Yep no PVR....Dont mind as I have a DVD recorder..;)
Sorry it took me a while to answer.

And it records 1080 HD ? I doubt it but hope so :D

dude66
14-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Nope!!;)

antmarco
15-10-2007, 08:53 PM
would appreciate someone pm also with where to buy this reciever any english suppliers?

xanadu
15-10-2007, 11:30 PM
would appreciate someone pm also with where to buy this reciever any english suppliers?

Only available on auction site from Germany, or lots of Polish online retailers.:)

dude66
16-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Anyone tried to get a sub card to work in the cas system/ I have a French C+ card and it does not work. Any comments on what software to use would be great.

AthensDion
22-10-2007, 01:06 PM
I finally received my fergy yesterday and i must say that the quality of HD is outstanding, but SD looks worse on it than my technomate1000 and humax 5400. also question for dubious does TPS keep freezing every 5-10seconds or so? works well with dragon cam-using that to decrypt NASN as the emu on the fergy doesn't seem to do it (might be the softcam.key file i'm using the same one as the technomates). I wonder if the pace 810 gives a better picture on both HD and SD? has anyone tried both receivers? I must say that BBC HD looks absolutely phenomenal @ 1080i.

Also,

Has anyone been able to do a back-to-back HD picture comparison versus the HDCI2000?

TIA

Tony B

I am also interested in purchasing the FERGUSON, however, what is the picture quality compared to other receivers in RGB????.
The reason is that I am looking to replace my Humax 5300 since it does not have the same picture quality as before (scart RGB) since a burned diode and power supply was replaced. (Stopped working and smoke was comming from the top of the box). As stated earlier, now that the receiver is repaired and fully funtional, the picture quality is not the same. Actually there is a difference in the reds...

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

madgooner
22-10-2007, 11:11 PM
The fergys picture quality on SD and HD are outstanding. I have a Dreambox 7000 and a Innovative and the fergy is far far better.
Get your cash spent you wont regret it!

dude66
23-10-2007, 12:36 PM
:DHi all,
Well I have the box for over 3 weeks now and this what I think of it:

GOOD THINGS:
Works very well with latest soft from Ferguson and Diablo.Very fast decoding and good picture bith HD and SD.
Great software application to sort,delete,rename channels.
Good remote easy to operate and the "back" channel switch is super.

Now the BAD THINGS:
The emu DOES NOT work properly on T*S(freezes regularly!).
We don't know what cas is supported with the Emus.(My canal plus card does not work in it!)
Two cam do not work together(conflict between my Diablo and Powercam pro)
And the picture is DEFENATLY BETTER with my humax HDCI in BOTH HD AND SD( and believe me I hate the humax!).

Over all it is a good box but support in only available in german or polish...THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM.
Take care.

knight50
23-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Hi All
I was going to buy this box but opted for the Technomate 6800 with built in emu and it's a pvr, But the picture quality is no where near that of my old humax hdci 2000 in hd or sd but it is a great box t*ps clears and stays claer no freezing instantly and so does pre****. It will also run both diablo and t-rex super along side each other which my humax would not, as for cas i cannot get my s*y card to work yet but that maybe me

dude66
23-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Available on fergys site did not try it yet. This is NOT a patch version ok?
Going to try it now!

makaveli
24-10-2007, 07:40 PM
what's new on the new firmware dude?

dude66
25-10-2007, 01:09 PM
To be honest I haven't noticed anything defferent!:rolleyes:
Still no luck with french C+ card in the slot!
As usual description is in polish so.....can not understand!:confused:

madgooner
30-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Ive looked at the key section Nagra and couldnt work out where to put the D+ keys any ideas?

AthensDion
14-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Anything new with this receiver? It has been some time since the last post. from the current users, have we derived to a proper software package that would make it interesting to all of us that require something special?.... Any input would be greatly appreciated.

dude66
14-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Hi,
I use the last original soft from Ferguson available here:
h**p://www.ferguson-digital.eu/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=2&func=fileinfo&id=145&lang=en
It works perfect with my Diablo cam and Powercam pro. Decode very fast.
The card slot does not work with my Canal plus card.
I tried to use patch from here:
h**p://www.nlb.to/board/database.php (you need to register and site in German)
But was not happy with it as T*S was freezing every few seconds.
HdD picture is good but NOT as good as the Humax HDCI.
The portal for Premiere channels is working great.
I am very happy with it but support is ONLY available in German....and that is a problem.:cool:
Hope this help.