PDA

View Full Version : DS810XE opinion and Pronto Pro

maxheadroom
30-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Just as an aside if you are thinking or purchasing this reciever.

although i rate the picture quality the menus are a bit of a pain in the bottom, having said that it does seem to be a quality bit of kit. One real problem for me however is that the remote signal used is XMP-1 and is not supported by my pronto pro universal remote, this would not be an issue had it not been for the fact that my pace box is in a different room to my TV! so i have a pace box i cannot control with any remote in my living room:mad:

Phillips are looking into this put there is no solution at present.

My set-up is as follows

Pioneer PDP465XDE Plasma
Pace DS810XE
Pronto Pro RCU990 + RF extender

the other pain with this unit is that there is no RF out so i cannot watch the sat channel in another room.

I hope this helps those that are considering purchase.

OK i have just put a T-Rex super module into my DS810XE and i can say that i am less than impressed!!!!! Stupid banner comes across the screen on premier and i can't update from the CI slot!!!

If anybody has got over the problem please let me know before i launch the thing through the window:mad: .

Thanks
E

echelon
04-05-2007, 10:07 AM
told you about the banner problem in your super trex post as its mentioned here too

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63931

as for programming your cam , I have explained some of that in your super trex post as well ( usually human error )

your cam is an excellent cam , as is your card and programmer , but only when used correctly

a lot of modern receivers do not have rf outputs and so this does restrict sending the output to another room

the vmedia vdrive doesnt have one either , not sure if a hd skybox has rf or not

you could try marmitek pyramids or deltablue blue blaster for remote controlling the box

mintywilliams
06-05-2007, 12:25 PM
just sell the pace and get a humax instead its much easier to use and has no probs with cams

koshba
23-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Hi guys got 1 of these coming tomorrow has any1 had any success with a matrix cam?

r_johns66
24-05-2007, 09:42 PM
CAM issues will be resolved very soon for the DS810XE :D

koshba
24-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Excelent thanks john.BBC hi def is amazing :)