PDA

View Full Version : moving motor problem???

chilledin
02-05-2007, 10:00 PM
I have a 5400 with diseq 1.2
loaded latest pmct table latest toh hot, latest pet chnl. settings. BUT on a couple of boquets ( ie italia 1 , hotbird and fantv on eutelsat 16deg east) just says moving motor i have had this problem for months now on and off, but recently more times off than on, now not at all
I am clearing prem**** and other chns or anything else on other sats
I have tried using varios clean pmc tables chan settings.so humax was back to original ie without toh firmware BUT still nowt on these chns ( wouldn,t care but they are free to air
Please anyone with a solution...
IS there something that holds the memory on sat poisitions on diseq?

voith driver
02-05-2007, 11:18 PM
hi chilledin,
pmct tables have nothing to do with the sat positions, (you knew that but i just thought i would confirm it) my suggestion would be to try to fine tune them in and then store them, it just sounds like the dish has slipped a tad, or the settings have.

channel settings also do not really affect the settings as such, the only time they would cause problems would be if they are actually pointing at a different sat.

buuut, if you are getting some channels from the sat in question, then you are there, but you are not getting a strong enough signal, or the channel you are looking for is not transmitting, which comes back to fine tuning again. if this makes sense

hope this helps
voith

chilledin
05-05-2007, 10:52 PM
thanks for reply .. have tried fine tuning on particular chnls but still nothing!!
Its as if there is some bug somewhere that is storing previuos settings for these chls somewhere??
Have tried on chnls either side of these frequiencies find em no bother..
tried moving dish (by installer mode to get strongest signal as well) gone back to just the loader 2.07 then started from scratch but yes youv'e guesed it!!!
oh and lost prawn on sirius (so my mate told me)
would installing different chnl settings conflict with each other as have in past installed pet settings and dare i say it others/// still clearing other chnls as last post..
dish moves to hispa and 42o east so cant be much wrong can there????
cheers ***:frown:

voith driver
06-05-2007, 12:02 PM
hi chilledin,
no m8, when you install new channel settings they overwrite the old ones, basically cleaning them out, (this is why i advise reloading channel settings when you have a bin loading problem).

in actual fact, to fine tune you use user mode, as this does give you a fine tune, installer mode is a bit too coarse for me.

if your dish is waggling correctly then there should be no problems from that direction.

but you did not answer my question fully, that is, are you getting channels from the sat in question, FTA or other???

the best way to tune a sat in,(and you do this before you tune a specific channel) is in the pet123 settings, is to use the first or second channel in the list under the sat name itself, these usually are either an easy encryption, or more often or not a FTA, this way you actuallly know you are on sat.

Once this is done, you can then fine tune the channels that are not working, this in effect is further fine tuning of the sat.

but the next question would be, check out the H and V or the freq of the channels in question, if there is a common denominator, then it could well be that your LNB, is failing.

So first make sure you are receiving the sats, if you are,(short of fine tuning) then its not the tuning of dish you should be looking at, but maybe you LNB, or even maybe some leaves (as they be growing now) that might be obscuring the view just enough to reduce the signal for lower power channels.

hope this helps
voith

chilledin
06-05-2007, 08:39 PM
thanks for reply voith...
yes I am getting other channels on sat hotbird , eutel 16 e
with quite a strong signal
the only channels that i seem to be having probs with are italia fta 11919 27500 v 2/3 hotbird
11595 28800v 7/8 eutelsat 16 e
and me prawn on sirius
some other chnls say "moving motor" but i think these have moved freq. or no longer exist it is more annoying than anything else..
Is it me not doing something not quite right..
not quite the end of the world as still 3000 other chnls..
when u press the ? mark on remote to view video audio pid's
is showing 0s on vpid apid and pcrpid or do these only show when channel is found ?

voith driver
06-05-2007, 10:17 PM
hi chilledin,
well if you have the latest modified pet123 for mounts, 20/03/07 then italia FTA 11919v is working here, i could not identify the 16e channel.

as you say moving to sat is a lack of signal, either not there, or out of reach, and it will show 0 on the vpids.

sirius could just be it being difficult to pick up anyway.

but sorry can't think of anything else
voith

chilledin
08-05-2007, 09:43 PM
just as a quick update after loading channel settings... In favourites under D
at least two channels were in list twice ie playboy channel 157???
But if u deleted one of them both would disappear..
just going too look in settings after loading into humbox 4.1..
Would this cause a conflict?
Although none of channels in previous posts were listed???
:confused: ;)

voith driver
08-05-2007, 10:24 PM
no as far as i know, and that's not much, it does not cause any problems, i have always thought that these are pet123's own favorites, he normally chucks them all in D, and i have to reduce them to fit
voith

chilledin
08-05-2007, 10:43 PM
cheers voith for fast reply..
tried deleting all from favourites. (on humax)
then reloaded channel settings still the same...
Think I will have to give up on this one
spending more time tinkering than watching!!!
There again thats what this hobby is all about isn't it??????//:) :) chilledin

voith driver
08-05-2007, 10:50 PM
i would not bother worrying about the favourites, i have already moved them around to reduce the load, and i am fairly sure that if you manage to delete from the favourites you could also be removing them from the main list.

i always suggest that you use the modified settings straight out of the box, only making what alterations you need to the sat settings, if any, and see what you have, and then when you know what you have got, then tweak to suit
voith

OH AND, do not edit on the humax, as this tends to cause any amount of problems, do your editing in the settings editor of your choice first then load it