PDA

View Full Version : help needed on tm1500

grin2
03-05-2007, 09:45 PM
just had my hd wiped recently. this is the first patch ive tried since. am using darkman tmloader 187 with patch TM1500CI+_TM1000CI_030507_v2.stb. checked null modem connected both ends.keep getting message on loader
"connect your receiver and turn it on". it IS on.
tried turning it on and off to no avail. any ideas . thanks

echelon
03-05-2007, 10:01 PM
check your com port is working by using some other serial device

I assume you have tried each com port on the loader ?

check your device manager for the com port details , ensuring it is enabled in the bios and that the mobo device drivers are loaded for it

grin2
04-05-2007, 04:28 AM
it was telling me that com port wasnt working earlier. then after disabling and reinstalling com port the problem seemed to move to the technomate as it was telling me to turn on my receiver when it was turned on already. i have used my dragon loader from that port since my hd problem. wonder if it could be my null modem cable. i'll try again when im back from work.thanks.
it did occur that i might be using a tm loader that isnt compatable. i'll try an earlier version when i get home.

echelon
04-05-2007, 09:55 AM
v1.87 is the correct version and should work fine

when the pc isnt communicating with the box it gives that error message

so its not indicating a box fault , its indicating no communication which is why it tells you to turn the box on

basically it is not handshaking with the box , and this could be com port , null modem cable or the receiver at fault

it would do this if you have no cable plugged in , so yes it could be a faulty null modem cable , but given its happened since you reinstalled your hard drive it sounds pc related to me

similar problems used to happen on the elvis when ppl had installed phone software which hogged the pc com ports

grin2
04-05-2007, 05:20 PM
can you friggin believeit. ive come home,set it up and its worked first time. done nothing different. left null modem connected (so i havnt moved it). same loader , same file .?????????
thanks echelon anyhow.