PDA

View Full Version : euro1080 worth it ??

kota
09-05-2007, 12:31 AM
Hi

I've just got an Humax HDCI-2000 which came with the euro1080 irdeto cam and card.

Stupid me didn't realize they beam down on Astra 3 and I'm surely not going to add a fifth dish to my present four dish farm unless this package is really worth it.

From what I've seen on their web site, the programs aren't that appealing and seem to be daily repeats of the same stuff. I could be wrong though.

I can always take it back and get the standard receiver minus the euro 1080 cam/card and save some dosh.

What do you guys reckon ??

Cheers

gov400
09-05-2007, 01:16 AM
euro 1080 lump of ****e. dont get it whatever u do

Tony B2
09-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Perhaps slagging off Euro 1080 is not terribly clever, considering that it was their efforts that kickstarted HD in Europe?

kota
09-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Perhaps slagging off Euro 1080 is not terribly clever, considering that it was their efforts that kickstarted HD in Europe?

Ok. Fair enough but the question remains. Is it worth it ??? What do you think ??

Cheers

gov400
09-05-2007, 10:34 AM
tony have u even watched the content on this channel. Ive watched it many times and for 200 euros theres so much better. All it is, is basically the same repeats all thru the week of crap do***entary and minor european racing. Quality wise the picture is superb. Dont get the card and cam and get the HDCi cheaper

kota
09-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Dont get the card and cam and get the HDCi cheaper

Sorted. Done just that.

Cheers

Tony B2
11-05-2007, 10:41 PM
tony have u even watched the content on this channel. Ive watched it many times and for 200 euros theres so much better. All it is, is basically the same repeats all thru the week of crap do***entary and minor european racing. Quality wise the picture is superb. Dont get the card and cam and get the HDCi cheaper

yes I have watched it and I know that there are many repeats and most of the programmes are a little less than exciting. But - if they had not taken the risk and invested then we might well not have any HD broadcasts from others, because at the beginning of 2004 (when they started IIRC) no-one else was prepared to commit anything to HD broadscasts in europe.

They sowed the seeds, at least.

And EXQI (or whatever it is called) does seem to have a few good concerts (rock/pop, not just opera).