PDA

View Full Version : New to apollo

joelclyne
11-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Hello, I just purchased a phoenix apollo, a bargin on ****. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on encryption. I downloaded the softkey posted here, While its great to have access to some premium channels I was wondering if I can get others as I have no idea what multicrypt can do.
Can I add keys to it, can it decrypt other methods. I know that there are other public keys available BISS being one of them or do i have to buy a seperate cam or get hold of a card. The softkey as Im sure you aware is a binary file, can it be unassembled, added to and reassembled? Ive tried googling this but havent got very far
Another post in this forum mentions that they have had success in D+ so Im guessing more must be possible from this great receiver.
Thanks
Joel

joelclyne
11-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Ive found the key menu, found the digital + part and got the keys from another part of the site.
The keys are 32 characters long, my editor accepts 16 characters so ive put the 1st 16 of the 00 key in the 00 index and the second in the 10 index, the 1st part of the 01 key in the 01 index and the 2nd part in the 11 index. But it still doesnt work!! I will keep playing with combinations and see what I come up with.
It would be much nicer to have a bit of software that would allow me to cut and paste them then upload them. Does such a thing exist. Ive a feeling I may need it with the larger keys that are out there
cheers
j

KNNY
18-05-2007, 10:37 PM
hi j,
i am new to all this but i have the phoenix apollo and it works on d+ etc but has lost premier and cabo, my t-rex open these up. i can get lots of channels though by manual update thru my remote as follows.
go to a free to air channel and enter menu, put in 1117 for setup ,turn the patch off, and then go into nagravision. find d+ and enter the first 16 digits on the first line and so on (4 lines of 16). exit and put patch back on.works every time for me. keep a close eye on the forums though as the keys have a habit of changing rapidly lately and if they are over 24 hours old they can be out of date.
you can do a softcam update from pc to receiver to update all keys if you are lucky but at the end of the day you will do quick updates with your remote. you just need to watch for the key updates.
hope this helped.
knny;)

BANJO
21-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Thanks for helpful advice on updating Apollo using remote.But I'm a bit confused about inserting "4 lines of 16 "as I only seem to have 32 digits in total alongside the 01 key.Could you clarify as I'm sure many other Apollo folk
would find it really helpful.Thanks mate.

Dark Cloud
21-05-2007, 07:21 PM
In Nagra the first two lines 00 & 10 are the "00" key and the 01 & 11 lines are the "01" key.
Sometimes they are posted as one huge big long line and Tossers like me have to think.
It's worse when you get to my age as B & 8 look the same.
I was warned as a teenager, but I never listened to them.