PDA

View Full Version : I might be leaving this section..:(

aslat
30-05-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm thinking of upgrading/downgrading/sideways-moving and flogging my Humax for Dreambox..

Before I decide, how much is my Humax worth? How much should I flog it for?

..and do will I ever get used to the weirdos in the Dreambox section ?:D

sonic1
30-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Be safe and do what I did m8, gave my hummy to my dad so still keep my hand in. Could not part with it and even replaced the psu at my expense:p
I promise you will not look back once you make the leap:D

dishdad
30-05-2007, 08:39 PM
..and do will I ever get used to the weirdos in the Dreambox section ?:D

I take offence to that statement and you are resultingly written out of my will!! 14282

zad
30-05-2007, 08:45 PM
yep looks like i may be doing the same mate! i have recently ordered a new technomate 9100, times move on and so does technology.
dont worry tho ill still be popping in the hummy section to cause havoc! lol

and to answer your question aslat humaxes are selling for about £60 - £100 but i dont think i will be getting rid of mine right away!

mrdude
30-05-2007, 08:54 PM
I have got my dreambox 600 downstairs and my humax upstairs, the dreambox is awsome compared to the humax - but the humax still works well and can watch everything the dreambox can.

I like the dreambox simply for the fact that I like to make custom skins and also that I can compile my own images for it.

aslat
30-05-2007, 09:15 PM
I take offence to that statement and you are resultingly written out of my will!! 14282

But does that mean I'm still on yer Christmas card list ??

Weirdos?

Well, you gotta admit it..threads that include IPs, gemini's, cross-overs and DCHPs must have been written by people that ain't got their head screwed on..:D

Oh well, its gonna be a long learning curve, just like me trusty Humax..

Then again, I might take Mrdude's advice and keep it..decisions, decisions :confused:

sonic1
30-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Less than an hour and you are getting cold feet, come on step over to the dark side:cool:

aslat
31-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Nope, the Humax is already being advertised in the local rag..

My financial, social and entertainment director (a.k.a. the missus) has ordered that unless I sell it, I can't have the DB.. :mad:

M B
31-05-2007, 01:24 PM
lol got my hummie replaced by a dreambox and thus replaced the echostar with the hummie in the bedroom.

so i got the echostar as a spare in case one breaks down

kmc
01-06-2007, 12:06 AM
i had a similar prob aslat,should i sell my technomate 1500,got 50 quid for it sold it with an xcam and firecrypt card which still had 6 months on,but got my db500,and must admit haven't looked back it can do so much,and will open a lot more if you know the right people
good luck m8
kmc

aslat
01-06-2007, 08:17 AM
@KMC

One of the main reasons is that me missus is fed up with my null-modem cable running accross the floor. As I've just set up a wireless network, now's probably the best time to change.

Also, it will be a lot better for our server ;)

tr8.
01-06-2007, 08:57 AM
beware if a few bits

I have a dreambox 7020 and to set it up as wireless conection has been so bad ive given up and i am no beginner few have managed it.

This has ment i should recieve today a 25m cable to link it to my router then got to fit it.

I also have a technomate 9100 its like the dream but got it new for £109 last week, the software is not as good but they are only 6 months old compared to the 3 1/2 years of development on the dream, its linux based so will easily get there but has the sharpe tuner which is far more sensitive and will pull in loads more weaker signals than the dream at over twice the cost, I am very certain my dreambox 7020 will be up for sale before then end of the month its not worth over double the price so will cash in now before the prices may drop

These linux based units are not as simple to use as the older units and take some learning, but are much more powerfull when you are up to speed

tr8

RABBY
01-06-2007, 09:38 AM
and do will I ever get used to the weirdos in the Dreambox section ?

aslat ?? You Will Fit In There Well M8 ?? Just be Yourself:D

norman11
01-06-2007, 09:58 AM
yep... looks like I may be doing the same mate! i have recently ordered a new technomate 9100, times move on and so does technology.
dont worry tho ill still be popping in the hummy section to cause havoc! lol

and to answer your question aslat humaxes are selling for about £60 - £100 but i dont think i will be getting rid of mine right away!

Right...I am getting the Topfeild PVR so the good old Hummy VACI 5300 will go on the back boiler...the Hummy has never let me down, but time marches on, the same as the technology. Waiting now for the HD Samsung 46" and all systems go. Look forward to a new learning curve:D

Marco
03-06-2007, 02:34 AM
you are taking about other stb's no wonder there is No Hot 8.1 yet

lets get the ball rolling again !!!

Marco

skunk
04-06-2007, 09:33 PM
There is no point in selling it you may as well hold on to it
it does everything i want it to so there is no point in me getting a new receiver yet
skunk

Marco
05-06-2007, 12:52 AM
well said m8 360 good channels english com. 28e to 30w on the hummy
similar thing was said many years ago,
sly italia days, many years ago :) nothing out for hummy, other stbs yes
we had to wait for ages then for next patch

Respct to P.H and HOT team

PDM
05-06-2007, 01:35 AM

Couldn't agree more with you m8... ;)

vanja
05-06-2007, 08:06 AM
qestion is who makes new updates for humi i think toh team no anumore

zad
05-06-2007, 09:46 AM
qestion is who makes new updates for humi i think toh team no anumore

no i think there still around but no doubt working on other projects and lets face it the 5400 is a bit old now and it is being pushed to its limits with the newest encriptions

vanja
05-06-2007, 11:13 AM
we wil see whath hepend but we have big silence about this

aslat
06-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Update...

I've sold the Humax... The bloke came round just now saw it working

I showed him different sats and also got hold of the latest BIN and showed D+ ands Cabo etc...

..and just to show off, showed him sly italia, sly uk, nova, tps, mct, *exview, redlight, digialb, etc.... from me server ;)

He gave me a deposit and is coming back on Monday...

...the end is nigh...wierdo section, here I come :D :D

maxhum
06-06-2007, 04:50 PM
a greath lost for humax section m8 .maybe you wil return when your dream takes all keys automatic nothing to do anymore. thanks anyway for al your greath work. See you.

aslat
06-06-2007, 06:29 PM
I'll still be here in this section coz the Humax has been my baby for over 5 years now...

When someone has knowledge of a sat-box, the only thing to do is help out those that don't. Thats how I started in the sat scene..

I remember being confused with words like CAMS, EMUs, BINS, PMCs, DSR, HDF, HNF, SEASONS..now they are like second nature to me.

Hope the DB section is as friendly and forthcoming like the Humax section

zad
06-06-2007, 06:34 PM
I remember being confused with words like CAMS, EMUs, BINS, PMCs, DSR, HDF, HNF, SEASONS..now they are like second nature to me.

whats them??? lol

ferddie
06-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Update...

I've sold the Humax... The bloke came round just now saw it working

I showed him different sats and also got hold of the latest BIN and showed D+ ands Cabo etc...

..and just to show off, showed him sly italia, sly uk, nova, tps, mct, *exview, redlight, digialb, etc.... from me server ;)

He gave me a deposit and is coming back on Monday...

...the end is nigh...wierdo section, here I come :D :D
:eek: very sad news, but many thanks for all your help in the humax section.