PDA

View Full Version : not easy !!

echelon
05-06-2007, 08:48 AM
ok , loaded juliet05 with sd card (quick and easy too) , then factory reset , then loaded juliet06 with dcc and again factory reset the box

established a connection over lan using dcc and all ok

scanned in just 30 west for now and getting bbc world etc

following the various guides I am getting nowhere

ie:- tried copying the cam gz files to the temp folder using dcc , and it appears to be in there in dcc but using the install , addons , manual I get nothing in the box so cannot proceed any further

bear in mind that linux and the methods used on this box are not familiar to me so much of what is said is not really understood , but I am familiar with the concept of folders , and routers and patching boxes like the samsung and the tm1500 etc

I also tried ftpnow ( as I cant find flashfxp ) but couldnt get this to connect to the tm9100 so must be doing something wrong there too , possibly the port number ?

I am sure when a foolproof guide is put up that it will fall into place , but when it doesnt do what the guides say its impossible to know what is wrong

this will be a long learning curve for newbies to this box , like me for instance , so given up for now

thanks

peggle
05-06-2007, 09:58 AM
You press manual, then from the list manual again (the lower one)

Select a FTA channel.
Remove any CAM if fitted.
Press blue button
Press red to stop all cams
press 1
Click install addons
click manual
click manual (not the top one!) - You should now see the cams waiting for you to install
move down to the file highlight it and press ok button
It should say install addons
When it disapears you can check you have the cam by exiting then pressing the blue button and scroll to see if installed.
press green to start all cams
Exit & reboot TM9100

zad
05-06-2007, 10:07 AM
also to add....

dont power down the box before installing the file.
anything you copy into the temp folder is deleted when the box is powered down.

i also found that i could only do 1 at a time, although there have been people that have said they have done multiples

peggle
05-06-2007, 10:18 AM
I think people see the option cam in the list & select it instead of manual. Guide amended accordingly.

goodolddad
05-06-2007, 10:22 AM
If you have not done so already, go into menu/setup/Expert Setup/communication setup.
Here you can manually specify ip and port by unticking dchp and then enter what you want.
I use cute FTP to acces my boxes and found it not to hard to set up.

echelon
05-06-2007, 11:42 AM

Select a FTA channel.
Press blue button
press 1
Click install addons
click manual
click manual (not the top one!) - You should now see the cams waiting for you to install
When it disapears you can check you have the cam by exiting then pressing the blue button and scroll to see if installed.
Exit & reboot TM9100

tried all this before with just 1 gz file in the tmp folder (camd3881.tar.gz) but when I follow your instructions there are no cams listed in the box
just tried again , still the same , just an empty box

also to add....

dont power down the box before installing the file.
anything you copy into the temp folder is deleted when the box is powered down.

i also found that i could only do 1 at a time, although there have been people that have said they have done multiples

thanks , I realised this when I was messing about earlier , so I am not powering down the box , just copying 1 emu over to tmp folder , then trying to access it from the menu , but it isnt in the list under manual

If you have not done so already, go into menu/setup/Expert Setup/communication setup.
Here you can manually specify ip and port by unticking dchp and then enter what you want.
I use cute FTP to acces my boxes and found it not to hard to set up.

thanks for that , but I had already read the pdf file and I have setup my dm9100 to use 192.168.0.10 and I can connect ok using tcc and dcc , but not with my ftp program , so I must be setting the ftp program incorrectly , perhaps its the ip or port settings , just not sure why ftp fails and yet the dcc and tcc are ok

echelon
05-06-2007, 11:54 AM

Select a FTA channel.
Press blue button
press 1
Click install addons
click manual
Exit & reboot TM9100

finally managed it but doing it this way instead ( and one by one )

Select a FTA channel.
Press blue button
press 1

now copy the cam files from the pc to the tmp folder using dcc

Click install addons
click manual
Exit & reboot TM9100

peggle
05-06-2007, 11:58 AM
finally managed it but doing it this way instead ( and one by one )

Select a FTA channel.
Press blue button
press 1

now copy the cam files from the pc to the tmp folder using dcc

Click install addons
click manual
Exit & reboot TM9100

So you didn't read this imeadiatly above it? :-

Start DCC.
Select FTP.
In the left hand payne double click temp to open the temp folder.
In the right hand payne navigate to the folder you downloaded the .tar files to.
Highlight camd3881.tar.gz.
Click the blue < button to copy it to the left hand payne.
(You can probably also copy across newcamd610.tar.gz at the same time)
Close DCC.

goodolddad
05-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Port or password maybe.

echelon
05-06-2007, 12:04 PM
@ peggle

tried that , didnt work for me and I tried it several times

so copying the files across before your instructions didnt work for me , but once I got to the pressing 1 , I stopped and copied the files across , and then they appeared when I carried on from CLICK INSTALL ADDONS

so the 3 cams are now in there as well as common interface

now I need to know what to do next , and I still havent worked out how to connect using an ftp program either

getting there , but slowly

thanks

zad
05-06-2007, 12:05 PM
glad to see you have sorted it mate! now is just the easy things like loading keys then banging your head when things change and new images come out lol

peggle
05-06-2007, 12:07 PM
@ peggle

tried that , didnt work for me and I tried it several times

so copying the files across before your instructions didnt work for me , but once I got to the pressing 1 , I stopped and copied the files across , and then they appeared when I carried on from CLICK INSTALL ADDONS

so the 3 cams are now in there as well as common interface

now I need to know what to do next , and I still havent worked out how to connect using an ftp program either

getting there , but slowly

thanks

OK. I'll amend the guide again.

echelon
05-06-2007, 12:11 PM
I have manually copied the satan keys using dcc from an unpack folder into the var/keys and var/scce folders

now getting cabo and d+ ok using camd3.881 + newcs emu, so now need to sort out the program lists ( possibly the bouquet ) , bearing in mind I am only testing 30w at the moment from a direct feed

peggle
05-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Glad to hear you got there in the end.

Thanks for the input in sorting out the procedure.

Looks like stopping the Cams wipes the temp folder.

It took me so many tries to figure it out in the first place that I didn't restart the Cams in-between.

echelon
05-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Glad to hear you got there in the end.

Thanks for the input in sorting out the procedure.

Looks like stopping the Cams wipes the temp folder.

It took me so many tries to figure it out in the first place that I didn't restart the Cams in-between.

thats exactly what I thought as looking in dcc the tmp folder didnt have the files I had just copied into it

so starting your procedure , stopping halfway through and then loading the files across did the trick

thanks

zad
05-06-2007, 01:28 PM
i found i had to load evocam emu to decrypt d+ on 19.2
dont know if it had something to do with the keys i was using on the emu's were just not working correctly.

time will tell if having too many emu's will cause problems

peggle
05-06-2007, 01:42 PM
i found i had to load evocam emu to decrypt d+ on 19.2
dont know if it had something to do with the keys i was using on the emu's were just not working correctly.

time will tell if having too many emu's will cause problems

D+ on both 19E & 30W is fine for me with camd & newcamd.

I think it was actually using camd.

Wasn't a key change was it?

echelon
05-06-2007, 01:53 PM
sorted out ftpnow , I had set the port to 80 , same as the tm9100 , but should have been left on 21 , the default

also got cuteftp v6 and flashfxp to connect too , so just need to work out those settings for files that zad mentioned now

still ok on cabo and d+ after copying todays satan files over using dcc

learning as we go , and not happy with trying to organise the channel lists etc , but doing it slowly will pay off as I keep learning

picture quality etc seems good to me on my lcd tv :)

zad
05-06-2007, 02:07 PM
echelon i have uploaded 2 channel setting files here:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66187

dont know if they will help you mate, let me know if the motorised one is ok as i have not used it (dont have a motorised setup)

i have a feeling this section will require some more subsections if things carry on the way they are

DaOne
05-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Learning as we go , and not happy with trying to organise the channel lists etc , but doing it slowly will pay off as I keep learning

picture quality etc seems good to me on my lcd tv :)

Have you download the captains setting from the Dreambox forum
They are nice and easy and already set up in folders
A lot easier to change about in the dreamedit software as well

:D

echelon
05-06-2007, 02:17 PM
@ zad

reading the xml file they both seem to be motorised , and I am not sure which does what as there is no readme with them ( not your fault I know )

I also dont know where they go on the tm9100 either

and I would also like to know how to backup my settings or channel lists before trying things like this out , like I would on my tm1500 where I regularly save my channels etc

thanks for all the help so far , it is appreciated

Have you download the captains setting from the Dreambox forum
They are nice and easy and already set up in folders
A lot easier to change about in the dreamedit software as well

I think I d/l it but couldnt work out where to put it and how

thanks

peggle
05-06-2007, 02:20 PM
not happy with trying to organise the channel lists etc , but doing it slowly will pay off as I keep learning

I've only just started organising the channels, but have been using dreamset213.

Very easy to drag & drop channels into favourite lists.

Have really only used it so far to enable viewing of BBC interactive channels.

Will have to do the same with Premier Direct If/When we get them back.

and I would also like to know how to backup my settings or channel lists before trying things like this out , like I would on my tm1500 where I regularly save my channels etc

Dreamsat213! Import settings & save. Not sure if it's only channels though. Get it from Darkman - Dreambox tools.

Also try dcc - settings, backup. This includes a config backup.

zad
05-06-2007, 02:42 PM
if i remember rightly the channel files go in

/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/

"location corrected by ech!"

DaOne
05-06-2007, 02:49 PM
@ zad

I think I d/l it but couldnt work out where to put it and how

thanks
Ok make sure you have downloaded the captains settings and the dreamboxedit 2.02 or later version. (does not matter)

1. Open up the dreamedit 2.02 software
2. Click into the options folder make sure your all your settings are correct to what is on your TECHNOMATE BOX you can test to see if all is working ok by clicking the test button next to each section.
3.Once setup is done and ok go back to the main screen and on the top left hand side click on the open button.
4.When opened go down to the bottom right hand side and and select the drive where your folder is with the channel settings.
5 Then click on the FTP button at the top left,
6.Tick the box send files to dreambox
7.Then press the send files to dreambox
8.They should start sending

In the FTP section you can also upload your settings from the technomate as well.

Hope this helps

echelon
05-06-2007, 02:50 PM
just used dreamset , configured the ip to 192.168.10 , changed login name and password to root and technomate etc , and backed up up my channel list onto my pc

then I started new , loaded the captains settings and sent them into the dm9100

checked with ftp program and it seems to be in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/

DaOne
05-06-2007, 02:55 PM
just used dreamset , configured the ip to 192.168.10 , changed login name and password to root and technomate etc , and backed up up my channel list onto my pc

then I started new , loaded the captains settings and sent them into the dm9100

checked with ftp program and it seems to be in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/

You Now Da Man :D:D:D

echelon
05-06-2007, 08:06 PM
after some experimenting , it seems the best way is to scan each of the sats you want , then install the captains channel lists using dreamset

I also see you can mark channels and bubble them up or down as required if you are customising them into your own order or region

so I have had a play around on 28e with the fta channels , as well as hotbird fta and 30 west , fta and scrambled , so far

need to add a feed for 19e from my multi-lnb,s and try that one too

only descrambled d+ and cabo on 30w at the moment

tried tps on 13e and nothing decoded yet , and tried a sly card in both slots but sly1 and discovery etc would not decode

also tried 3 maxtor hard drives and 1 seagate hd but struggling ( could only get 1 to format ) and the playback was breaking up and freezing , and the 120 gig I put in last stopped the box booting after it failed to format , so no hard drive in it at the moment

dont understand the unstallation of satans key updater yet either so doing it manually

I am sure its worth the effort as when it works its a really good box , and I am sure it can do much more than my feeble attempts , lol :)

dishdad
05-06-2007, 09:04 PM
I am sure its worth the effort as when it works its a really good box , and I am sure it can do much more than my feeble attempts , lol :)

Not feeble at all, do not have a 9100 (yet!) but input like yours, zad and others here will bring the results.

The threads covering the 9100 are equal to the Dreambox when it first came out, not many owners but feeding off each others posts to arrive at a working system. Dreambox questions are now really few and far between as long as folk read and search before they post!

The 9100 I am sure will prove to be a hopeful equal.

Really nice to see the results of peeps here with this truly well priced receiver..... good work.

leesouthnufc
05-06-2007, 09:32 PM
its not going to be east setting up tm 9100 to work me diesqe motor ,, tried but just dosen t move much ,,i always set up using the move way not the usuals setting .. sort of stuck a bit how to get round it .. i might have to use usualls ..

catoro
05-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Very interesting reading thread. Received new TM9100 yesterday.
Just set as standard at present on Hotbird. All looking similiar to
my DB 7020si & another learning curve to go through !!

Regards catoro.

echelon
05-06-2007, 09:53 PM
I am using a 4 way diseqc switch and chosen that 4 way setting in the menu and assigned 4 sats to it , but I started on 1 feed from hispasat at first

rule of thumb seems to be to scan your sats first to get the channels in , then load the captains list in with dreamset

managed to get a maxtor 160 gig drive to format and tested a recording , bit glitchy on playback at times , no idea why as it was ok on the viewed channel

just used flashfxp to make an mp3 folder , pictures folder and movie folder on the hard drive , and uploaded mp3 , pictures and a divx

pictures and mp3 play fine , but divx not seen , so will have to try an mpeg and see what happens. the mp3 will play and let you view pictures at the same time

so basically having a play at the moment

leesouthnufc
05-06-2007, 10:03 PM
okay downloaded captains settings and dream set 213 ,, right what do i do now ( i am not the best with the p c ,, i think somehow i have to upload to ddc ... i think lads , correct me if i am wrong lol

echelon
05-06-2007, 10:07 PM
assuming you have scanned in the sats , just unpack dreamset and the captains files into separate folders , then start dreamset

setup dreamset with your dm9100 ip , and the name root and password technomate etc , and test configuration , if ok save it with a name like dm9100 so it always starts up correctly ( you are altering it from a dreambox setting to a technomate setting )

then click on new , load captains file from its folder , then send to box , reboot the box when complete if it doesnt do it for you

leesouthnufc
05-06-2007, 10:12 PM
cheers thanks very much .. i am going to have a go .. thank youu:):cool:

peggle
06-06-2007, 07:26 AM
and tried a sly card in both slots but sly1 and discovery etc would not decode

Found this exchange on a another forum using google. Hope it helps.

-------------------------------------------------
Just to re-cap:

1. insert sky viewing card into one of the smart-reader slots on the dreambox.
2. download and install - via bluepanel (gemini 3.1) - newcamd6.10b - and cam config

edit betad.cfg:
SERIAL_PORT = 0 (topslot)
USER = local local
BOXID = xxxxxxxxxx (substituted with my boxid number)

re-boot dreambox
..and then I should be able to view from my sky viewingcard..
----------------------------------------------------------------
yes; you should not even have to reboot, just restart emu.
oh and don't use notepad for the edit....it should not matter with this file but many DM linux files might stop working if you edit wrongly with notepad.

there is vi if you telnet to the box
-----------------------------------------------------------------
IT WORKS NOW..
And guess what: it was as simple as the ol' cluttering of files from numerous installs/uninstalls of various cams, configs, keys etc. etc.

So I simply:

* erased all images from my usb stick
* started from scratch again - installing Gemini 3.10, newcamd 6.10b + it's config file
* entered the boxID in the betad.cfg
* restarted the emu
* went straight to one of the S*y Movies

AND VOILĄ: everything was working

I can say - as many other guys have said before: Sometimes it's very valid to do a thorough clean-out of your DB - and then re-install from scratch - unless of course you know which files to delete for things to work..

althetaff
06-06-2007, 09:28 AM
ech,
you've got the same setup a me 4 way diseqc at 13e 19e 28e and 30w.
My tm9100 hasn't arrived yet :(.
I have found with my dm500 that cccam works perfectly with my sly card.
No adding box id etc needed.

al

zad
06-06-2007, 09:40 AM
ech,
you've got the same setup a me 4 way diseqc at 13e 19e 28e and 30w.
My tm9100 hasn't arrived yet :(.
I have found with my dm500 that cccam works perfectly with my sly card.
No adding box id etc needed.

al

what type of sly card do you have?
a fta card or a sub card?
if its a sub card how can it work without being tied to the box number?

sorry for all the questions but ive always had to tie the card to the box in the past, is this how nds is such a good encryption

RABBY
06-06-2007, 10:02 AM
zad

I Have A sly sub card ? Using Dreambox7000 with CCcam1.7.1 ? No Need For Box Number m8?? Put The Card In Any of the 2 Slots ?? Bingo It Works straight Away

althetaff
06-06-2007, 11:10 AM
The cam sends a command to the card and the card replies with the boxid and serial number. I could tell you actual command but this would venture into territory not allowed in this forum.

This info was available to the cam developers years ago....;)

al

zad
06-06-2007, 11:31 AM
fantastic info mate! cheers for clearing that up for me

echelon
06-06-2007, 11:37 AM
I tried 3 emus ( using juliet06 ) and both slots and never got it decoded once , but I was only experimenting and most of what is written is not understood by me , and so it may take time before I start messing around with folders , files and permissions etc

at this moment in time I just want to get it to work like the tm1500 or the sammy 9500 , and to iron out any bugs like the updates url not working , or how to stream using vlc , or how to d/l the key updates using the box update satans keys option , or some of the other features in the menu etc

so at the moment it worked ok on 30w for fta and cabo and d+ , fta on 13e and fta on 28e , with 19e my next addition to the 4 way switch and test d+

once it is doing what I expect , I would hope tps could be got , and premiere to come back , and then its doing what my other boxes are doing

so its from that point that I would want it to do more , but just getting it to do what I want has been stressfull , but worthwhile

I would also like to know if we have to update all the keys from the satan files , like when d+ change , or if we only need to replace the softcam as I suspect , seeing as its usually a keychange which could be done on the softcam using the remote according to zad , so seems pointless changing dozens of files for 1 keychange !!

zad
06-06-2007, 11:51 AM
i think you do have to just change the softcam key mate but its just as easy to change them all if your ftping the file over (it only takes a seccond more)

as far as installing the satan key update you do this the same way as you installed the emu's

stick the gz file in the temp folder and then blue button manual ect...
then to run it yellow button (plugings) push ok on the updater wait a few seccond while it gets the keys and then reboot, this should be all you need to do.
however i have not yet checked to see where the keys are coming from and how quickly they are updated after a key change

peggle
06-06-2007, 12:04 PM
I would also like to know if we have to update all the keys from the satan files , like when d+ change , or if we only need to replace the softcam as I suspect , seeing as its usually a keychange which could be done on the softcam using the remote according to zad , so seems pointless changing dozens of files for 1 keychange !!

This morning I downloaded camd3 key as it was posted first.

Installed into var, keys folder replacing the camd3.keys file that was already there. Works a treat.

However no real time saved compared to installing the bundle.

It can also be opened & edited with notepad, but I'm wary because of previous post about cocking up linux by editing files with notepad.

Need clarification on this.

echelon
06-06-2007, 12:05 PM
@ zad

I thought that doing it that way meant it was unpacking the keys from the file in your tmp folder and copying them to the correct places , similar to doing it yourself using ftp

so my thoughts were that it may do it from a url and so you wouldnt have to copy the file over to tmp , and wouldnt have to copy the files over manually

ie:- I thought it was possible to push a button on the remote and get the box to d/l the latest files from the net and install them , a bit like you should be able to do with an emu if the url was working

peggle
06-06-2007, 12:19 PM
@ zad

I thought that doing it that way meant it was unpacking the keys from the file in your tmp folder and copying them to the correct places , similar to doing it yourself using ftp

so my thoughts were that it may do it from a url and so you wouldnt have to copy the file over to tmp , and wouldnt have to copy the files over manually

ie:- I thought it was possible to push a button on the remote and get the box to d/l the latest files from the net and install them , a bit like you should be able to do with an emu if the url was working

But how do you connect the box directly to the net when its connected directly to the computer? I haven't figured it out yet.

echelon
06-06-2007, 12:21 PM
I use a router m8 so its not connected to my computer as such , but I havent worked out any net connections as yet

as for this satan key updater , read this here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=440387#post44038 7

and here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64896

this is what I thought we could do , instead of loading the satan gz file to the tmp folder

Satans Key Updater for Dreambox

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Satans Key Updater for Dreambox

Nice useful plugin for Dreambox

Copy to var/tmp and then run manual install

zad
06-06-2007, 12:34 PM
hi ech, no i meant im using the satan key autoinstaller (the one in your second link) you install the plugin the same way as you install an emu via the blue button routine

as i said before it works fine but have not checked to see where the file comes from (url) and how often it updates

peggle
06-06-2007, 12:39 PM
I use a router

Ahh, I see now. I assumed as you followed my guide you were only connected to the computer like me. I use a USB modem for the net.

Looks like a router might be next on the shopping list.

goodolddad
06-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Satan key down loader works fine, just give whoever updates it on the server with key changes time.

DaOne
06-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Ahh, I see now. I assumed as you followed my guide you were only connected to the computer like me. I use a USB modem for the net.

Looks like a router might be next on the shopping list.

I use a Linksys Wireless router and it works 100&#37;
Just plug the TM9100 box & PC into the router Ports and the modem into the Linksys Main port
DHCP will sort your IP address automatically.
Open up the DCC software and you should see 3 boxes where the IP addresses normally sit (PRESS SEARCH ON EACH ONE) and the DCC will automatically find your settings..
Then the connection bar will turn from Red to yellow when it is set up correctly

echelon
06-06-2007, 06:54 PM
hi ech, no i meant im using the satan key autoinstaller (the one in your second link) you install the plugin the same way as you install an emu via the blue button routine

as i said before it works fine but have not checked to see where the file comes from (url) and how often it updates

tried this by copying to the tmp folder as I dont have a var/tmp folder , and there is nothing in the box when I try to install it using the blue button and manual update etc

I also unpacked it and copied it across to the correct folder
var/tuxbox/plugins but I get an error message cant start the file ending in sh

so neither method works for me , so stuck again on this one , unless I should make a var/tmp folder and copy to there ?

peggle
06-06-2007, 07:10 PM
I use a Linksys Wireless router and it works 100%
Just plug the TM9100 box & PC into the router Ports and the modem into the Linksys Main port
DHCP will sort your IP address automatically.
Open up the DCC software and you should see 3 boxes where the IP addresses normally sit (PRESS SEARCH ON EACH ONE) and the DCC will automatically find your settings..
Then the connection bar will turn from Red to yellow when it is set up correctly

Thanks for that.

Think I might prefer one without wireless though.

I've got an AV sender & also Mains remote which I think work on the same frequencies?

Still researching at the moment.

No rush.

peggle
06-06-2007, 07:25 PM
tried this by copying to the tmp folder as I dont have a var/tmp folder , and there is nothing in the box when I try to install it using the blue button and manual update etc

Have just copied it across to the tmp folder, 1, Install Addons, manual, manual & its sitting there waiting to be installed.

Won't actually do so though as I don't want it yet.

goodolddad
06-06-2007, 08:18 PM
echelon,You have not chmod the two files to 755,

zad
06-06-2007, 08:22 PM
echelon,You have not chmod the two files to 755,

thats when you copy the file in directly

however i have had no problem sticking it in the temp folder and installing it the same way you would an emu....

dont know why its not working, ive done it a few times now after resetting and starting from scratch

goodolddad
06-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Check the properties of each file to see what they are.

echelon
06-06-2007, 08:59 PM
sorry , I have seen this chmod but no idea what that means etc , and didnt understand it the first time zad mentioned it with flashfxp , and yes I did copy them across using dcc as the tmp method doesnt show them , same problem as I had with the emus

perhaps its because its a tar file and not a gz ? will try gz ( no unpacking )

I am sure you are right about 755 but this chmod is clear as mud at the moment

goodolddad
06-06-2007, 09:11 PM
If you ftp your box and navigate to the plugin folder, highlight properties and you will see the permisions for the file, chmod means you alter the permisions.
so you will most likely find they are 644 if you look you can see what 644 allows the file to do, so you need to make the files 755, once again you will see what the files can now do.
Hope this all makes sense.

dishdad
06-06-2007, 09:19 PM
sorry , I have seen this chmod but no idea what that means etc , and didnt understand it the first time zad mentioned it with flashfxp , and yes I did copy them across using dcc as the tmp method doesnt show them , same problem as I had with the emus

I am sure you are right but this chmod is clear as mud at the moment

Don't obviously know about the 'brain' of the 9100, but, with the Dreambox CHmod simply allocates the file rights/permissions, basically read/write etc.

With the Dreambox (stress WITH the DB) if in doubt allocate 755, it does no harm at all and clears the files to work, 644 does NOT.

Sorry for the rush but flying to Madrid in a while, catch you later.

Gone_Fishing
06-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Linux :rolleyes:

Theres a nice explanation here

http://www.computerhope.com/unix/uchmod.htm

Var-bin --- 755
Var-Keys-- 644
Var-script- 755
Var-tuxbox 755

source : timo

TNT

echelon
06-06-2007, 09:32 PM
thanks for that

tried flashfxp and cuteftp and found the chmod properties and as you say they were 644

also realised that I needed the gz file in tmp , so did that and installed ok , so now the updater works when pressing the yellow button :)

I have now checked with flashfxp and changed 644 to 755 on 1 of the files , so they are now both set to 755 , and then checked with cuteftp as well , so its similar to checking properties in explorer

anyway , now I understand the principal it seems easy enough

I wouldnt mind knowing how to get the vlc player working sometime :)

ps:- currently ok on 19e ,13e , 28e fta and 30w

goodolddad
06-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Glad you have it working, how nice to have someone who thinks about their problems before posting for answers, makes helping so much easier.

zad
06-06-2007, 09:38 PM
glad you got it sorted in the end mate,
you will have to start writing guides on how to do hdd stuff now tho as i have not taken the step of putting a drive in my box yet

echelon
06-06-2007, 09:43 PM
I usually just need pointing in the right direction as I can build , install , and troubleshoot pc,s and all windows apart from vista , so I am comfortable with explorer , ftp , routers , folder structures etc

just getting my head around what is required and in which format etc

as for a hard drive , its easy to fit but I had troubles with the formatting , and playback is jittery from a recording made on the box , hope its just a juliet006 problem as tried several hard drives

easy to make folders using ftp , and then transferring mp3 or pictures etc , so same as standard ftp on that side , and you have a hdd folder where everything is , so that side seems easy enough

Gone_Fishing
06-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Doesn't it have the enigma web interface ?

Just put the box ip in your browser then cant you stream from there if vlc is installed ?

I could be completely wrong here though not owning a linux box

TNT

DaOne
06-06-2007, 10:02 PM
thanks for that

tried flashfxp and cuteftp and found the chmod properties and as you say they were 644

also realised that I needed the gz file in tmp , so did that and installed ok , so now the updater works when pressing the yellow button :)

I have now checked with flashfxp and changed 644 to 755 on 1 of the files , so they are now both set to 755 , and then checked with cuteftp as well , so its similar to checking properties in explorer

anyway , now I understand the principal it seems easy enough

I wouldnt mind knowing how to get the vlc player working sometime :)

ps:- currently ok on 19e ,13e , 28e fta and 30w

Can you make up a sticky on this as would benefit us all
Cheers echelon :D

echelon
06-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Doesn't it have the enigma web interface ?

Just put the box ip in your browser then cant you stream from there if vlc is installed ?

I could be completely wrong here though not owning a linux box

TNT

I have never streamed anything so no idea m8

this box has a movieplayer player option , but when I select it it gives an error message

movieplayer could not communicate to VLC , please make sure the ip address of the pc is configured correctly in the streaming settings and that vlc is started

a bit more gobbledegook to me and I dont think I have vlc player installed , so maybe I should do that and look into any settings required

I actually thought this box would let me play movies , dvd,s , or other files from my pc by streaming over the lan to the box, dont really know

I suppose the more I find out what it can do the more I will do with it , lol ;)

any instructions will be in stickies once I can make sense of it all

althetaff
06-06-2007, 11:33 PM
This is how you do it with a dreambox, since my tm9100 has not arrived ...........I cannot test it first.

Check out tutorial 7 on this site

http://dreambox.ingmar.dk/Eguide.asp

It's tells you how to suck eggs, but also has that little bit of info needed to get it working.

This method work flawlessly on my dreambox

If Juliet 006 is based on enigma you may be lucky

al

goodolddad
07-06-2007, 08:30 AM
echelon, i have just loaded vlc media player to try streaming and after adding a down loadable plugin to firefox i am able to watch channels and change channels via my browser and vlc.

echelon
07-06-2007, 10:39 AM
echelon, i have just loaded vlc media player to try streaming and after adding a down loadable plugin to firefox i am able to watch channels and change channels via my browser and vlc.

thanks , just tried it by logging into the dm9100 using its ip address and the latest firefox , channel changing no problem

then tried streaming the vlc and vlc player opened , but playback was very jerky as this pc I usually use has onboards graphics as its an office pc , so must try it from a better one , but yes it seems to work , so thanks for that

also used the satsn key update option under yellow button , and it updated ok but didnt decode the channels

so I then rebooted the box , stopped the cam , then restarted it and all working fine again ( on d+ )

also installed a few skins onto the box using ftp and that seems to be working ok , couldnt get the gold one or similar to work but have 4 or 5 to play with now

peggle
07-06-2007, 12:49 PM
thanks , just tried it by logging into the dm9100 using its ip address and the latest firefox , channel changing no problem

then tried streaming the vlc and vlc player opened , but playback was very jerky as this pc I usually use has onboards graphics as its an office pc , so must try it from a better one , but yes it seems to work

Same here, except streamed picture from 9100 to computer is not jerky.

However struggling to stream the other way.

I select Zap, Stream, Browse & select a mpeg file, then click File.

VLC player opens and the time elapsed starts indicating its playing.

After 10 seconds the satellite channel picture on the 9100 goes off, and comes back again 10 seconds later.

Do we have to set up the Ngrab Server ? I've set it to the same IP & mac address as in Communications set up, & have set the Srv Port to 9090.

Help.........

Gone_Fishing
07-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Oh well took the plunge box is on the way think I'll be waiting for my cat5 for a few days before I can get started though :rolleyes:

Lets hope I don't take a hammer to it after a couple of days :D

TNT

zad
07-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Oh well took the plunge box is on the way think I'll be waiting for my cat5 for a few days before I can get started though :rolleyes:

Lets hope I don't take a hammer to it after a couple of days :D

TNT

good to hear you have joined the fun mate!:D

goodolddad
07-06-2007, 05:22 PM
echelon, after using satan updater just restart cam no need to reboot.

retainedstatue
07-06-2007, 05:34 PM
I`ve got the streaming working ok, my method is to log into the box by typing it`s ip address into IE/Firefox then logging in with username/pass. Go to channel you want and just click vlc in the bar at the top, then open when the box pops up. Didn`t work at first because WMP was set to open all media files automatically and it tried to do it using that (which doesn`t work). You can also click on the web-x-tv button on the top left of the enigma web interface screen, although that still needs vlc plugin installed to work.

goodolddad
07-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Once you have the streaming working as you want it, why not make it a favorite or your home page in your browser.

zad
08-06-2007, 07:32 PM
tried to stream some stuff and works fine however it is a little bit stuttery but i think thats simply down to me using my laptop on a wifi connection.
but the basis of it works fine

echelon
08-06-2007, 08:29 PM
just tried satans key update using the yellow button , all seemed ok but could not get d+ working

so d/l the latest dcg satan file and copied across using dcc , but still the same , no d+

cabo is working ok , but cannot get d+ working , whereas d+ works fine on my tm1500 and samsung 9500

any ideas ?

peggle
08-06-2007, 09:00 PM
just tried satans key update using the yellow button , all seemed ok but could not get d+ working

so d/l the latest dcg satan file and copied across using dcc , but still the same , no d+

cabo is working ok , but cannot get d+ working , whereas d+ works fine on my tm1500 and samsung 9500

any ideas ?

D+ OK with camd3 keys.

Think they might have cocked it up in Satan as the camd3 file in there looks different with notepad.

echelon
08-06-2007, 09:02 PM
D+ OK with camd3 keys.

Think they might have cocked it up in Satan as the camd3 file in there looks different with notepad.

that was my thoughts on the matter , that it must be a key error or typo or summat similar

where do I find the correct camd3 keys ?

echelon
09-06-2007, 09:10 AM
I got the latest satan keys elsewhere and installed them and it then worked so it was a key issue I think

so where do ppl get the camd3 keys from ? ( hint ok )

and once I have this box setup correctly , how can I backup my settings etc , like a full backup ?
ie:- do I just ftp the lot to my pc to a backup folder ? ( apart from the hdd folder )

ie:- can we just ftp a finished box backwards and forwards as required ?

can this be done to a memory card on the box itself ?

any ideas how big a full backup is ?

thanks

zad
09-06-2007, 09:15 AM
never tried it myself but will the backup facility in dreambox controll centre not work?

peggle
09-06-2007, 09:20 AM
I got the latest satan keys elsewhere and installed them and it then worked so it was a key issue I think

so where do ppl get the camd3 keys from ? ( hint ok )

and once I have this box setup correctly , how can I backup my settings etc , like a full backup ?
ie:- do I just ftp the lot to my pc to a backup folder ? ( apart from the hdd folder )

ie:- can we just ftp a finished box backwards and forwards as required ?

can this be done to a memory card on the box itself ?

any ideas how big a full backup is ?

thanks

See PM for "hint"

I've been using DCC to backup everything after I do a new Sat scan.

One of the backup options is Config, but I've no intention of testing what it does unless the box crashes.

Start DCC, Click Settings.......

goodolddad
09-06-2007, 11:30 AM
If you use the satan updater and channels still do not decode , it usually means the server has not been updated yet.
You can check the date and time of the files on your box with ftp.

echelon
10-06-2007, 03:56 PM
I have installed the cccamv1.70 using the auto-installer and working fine

just wondering if I could or should install either v1.71 or the new v2.0 ?

and if so what files go where ?

and anything to edit etc ?

or should I leave it alone ?

thanks

goodolddad
10-06-2007, 04:10 PM
I can`t help you with cccam, as i only use magic and evo. Have you found any advantage to the use of cccam?.

peggle
10-06-2007, 04:20 PM
The only reason I can see for installing 1.71 or 2.0 is if they offer something we don't already have.

With that in mind, has anyone got a S*y card working yet?

I came across a thread that implied you need G Box.

Found a tar.gz version, Gbox2.24_gboxsuite_DV5.5 & installed it.

It doesn't show up as a cam, but as an option. i.e. Go to say Channel4. Press OK. Press Yellow.

However gives an error message.

I've only got a card last used a year ago, so no idea if it works.

Now back to 2.0. It mention G Box.......

Haven't a clue what I'm doing, so if anyone has any ideas.....

nml
10-06-2007, 05:57 PM
2.25 mate.

nml

peggle
10-06-2007, 07:16 PM
2.25 mate.

nml

No joy either.

Won't continue with this. Pointless. Only got a FTA card & I can get all channels on Freeview anyway.

Think problem is Newcs not running??? Tried earlier version 1.18 as well.

Hope someone else solves it.

DaOne
10-06-2007, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE=peggle;446923]The only reason I can see for installing 1.71 or 2.0 is if they offer something we don't already have.

Hey Peggle,
I have GBOX working on my TM91000 with SLY working perfectly sports movies ect
My Friend logged into my TM9100 and Set it up remotely for me from his PC yesterday for obvious reasons :D
Will get the spec and version and send you a private message when I speak with him next.

peggle
10-06-2007, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=peggle;446923]The only reason I can see for installing 1.71 or 2.0 is if they offer something we don't already have.

Hey Peggle,
I have GBOX working on my TM91000 with SLY working perfectly sports movies ect
My Friend logged into my TM9100 and Set it up remotely for me from his PC yesterday for obvious reasons :D
Will get the spec and version and send you a private message when I speak with him next.

Excellent. A lot of others are also interested.....

echelon
10-06-2007, 10:28 PM
repartitioned and formatted with ext3 several hard drives of different sizes on a pc using hirens bootcd v9.0

then formatted them in the tm9100 , but most fail for one reason or another

currently got a 40 gig seagate barracuda 7200rpm st340014a and ok with mp3 and pictures , but if I record and play it back , it is still jittery and shuddering or blocky on this juliet image

will leave it for now and see if any new images come out to cure it

so not having much luck with using it as a pvr but ok with d+ , cabo and premiere ( using sbcl v1.0i )

eme
11-06-2007, 10:28 PM
lets hope the new version is out soon and fixes most of the bugs in harddrive and rotor settings etc.:)

A
12-06-2007, 04:49 AM
cc cam 2.0 has support for gbox using it on dreambox and it is great

peggle
12-06-2007, 06:58 AM
repartitioned and formatted with ext3 several hard drives of different sizes on a pc using hirens bootcd v9.0

then formatted them in the tm9100 , but most fail for one reason or another

currently got a 40 gig seagate barracuda 7200rpm st340014a and ok with mp3 and pictures , but if I record and play it back , it is still jittery and shuddering or blocky on this juliet image

will leave it for now and see if any new images come out to cure it

so not having much luck with using it as a pvr but ok with d+ , cabo and premiere ( using sbcl v1.0i )

Using a 40GB Maxtor removed from my Humax PVR. Juliet 006.

Records OK. Can FTP recordings to computer & play perfectly with Divx Player.

However played from 9100 blocky every minute or so & loose audio sync.

Pretty sure this will be cured by new image............I hope.

echelon
12-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Using a 40GB Maxtor removed from my Humax PVR. Juliet 006.

Records OK. Can FTP recordings to computer & play perfectly with Divx Player.

However played from 9100 blocky every minute or so & loose audio sync.

Pretty sure this will be cured by new image............I hope.

I think my hard drive may be the same m8 :) lol

anyway , as its not just me with this problem then we shall have to assume its a bug and hopefully rectified in new firmware releases

nml
12-06-2007, 10:14 AM
echelon have you tried what i posted here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66417 it works on Relook 400s and the drives i have tried on technomate.

Regards nml

echelon
12-06-2007, 10:59 AM
I havent used windows to do it , so no I havent

I did do what you said but using hirens bootdisk and made each drive a master or cable select , then booted the pc I was using and deleted partitions etc so the volume was blank

I have tried blank hard drives and also tried ones formatted with ext3 too , but most have failed

I personally think its an error or bug in juliet006 , same as the playback error , so am leaving it until I get success using newer images when they come out

so when the current 40 gig in there works properly with newer firmware , I will try again with these other , bigger drives

so yes I had read your post , so thanks for that valuable info

echelon
26-06-2007, 06:11 PM
is there an easy way to delete recordings on the box , like a file delete option ?

cos I cannot find one

or is deletion by ftp the best way to remove recordings ?

thanks a lot

zad
26-06-2007, 06:19 PM
you can delete via the file button on the remote ether that or tuxbox commander if you have the plugin installed

Gone_Fishing
26-06-2007, 06:20 PM
In UR its easy you just highlight the movie then click menu and you get a load of options one being delete

You can also do it from the Web Interface under Movies

Also FTP

TNT

catoro
26-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Have just been reading through posts, no mention of multiboot
like the Dreambox uses. I still have original image on DB untouched.
All images work from CF or USB stick. I believe it is now available
for TM9100 has any Member tried this.

Regards catoro.

Gone_Fishing
26-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Have just been reading through posts, no mention of multiboot
like the Dreambox uses. I still have original image on DB untouched.
All images work from CF or USB stick. I believe it is now available
for TM9100 has any Member tried this.

Regards catoro.

Its not multiboot but you can currently boot images from MMC using iboot

TNT

catoro
26-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Its not multiboot but you can currently boot images from MMC using iboot

TNT

Thank's for reply, have just collected some info & iboot soft. Not read
yet but hoping to leave original image on STB intact. Not sure yet what
MMC stands for unless it's the SD memory. Handy as new Super TM 9100
has added memory which you won't need if using SD.

Regards catoro.

Gone_Fishing
26-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Any of the following Memory Cards (some need adapters)

Smart Media Card

Memory stick/Pro

Memory stick Duo/Pro Duo

Olympus Card

MMC, RSMMC

SD, Mini SD

TNT

catoro
27-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Thank's TNT. Had a 1gb SD so trying to use that. Am trying to sort
at present, software loaded but came up with an AWK error though
the file loaded. Have the boot menu showing but won't boot image.

Regards catoro.

Gone_Fishing
27-06-2007, 10:15 PM
You have asked the right person on that other forum !

I'm not using MMC as I'm still waiting for it to arrive so cant help

Don't worry about DCC "DCC Boot Manager not
found" its normal

TNT

zad
27-06-2007, 10:41 PM
1gb kingston mmc just arrived today so im going to have a crack at iboot at the weekend! getting ready to pull my hair out again lol

catoro
27-06-2007, 11:18 PM
You have asked the right person on that other forum !

I'm not using MMC as I'm still waiting for it to arrive so cant help

Don't worry about DCC "DCC Boot Manager not
found" its normal

TNT

Thank's TNT. Bit lost with this at present but will stick with it. DB
multiboot is a lot easier to install & run !! Glad I waited though as
multiboot is best way to go.

Regards catoro.

catoro
29-06-2007, 10:57 PM
1gb kingston mmc just arrived today so im going to have a crack at iboot at the weekend! getting ready to pull my hair out again lol

How did you get on with the Kingston zad. Have wasted a lot of time
with iboot. Ordered 1gb Integral SD today as was testing with A-Data
SD, some I had. That make CF wouldn't work with DB either.

At least I've updated to new 09 firmware & had some practice at
writing commands via telnet.

@TNT did you get your mmc. Would be interested what your using
& if it worked.

Regards catoro.

Gone_Fishing
29-06-2007, 11:17 PM
I got a Kingston 1GB Elite Pro and installed iboot without any real problem just needed to reboot to get the card mounted

After that it was pretty straight forward installed Juliet009

Cards are pretty cheap now only paid £4 + £4 postage

TNT

catoro
30-06-2007, 12:29 PM
I got a Kingston 1GB Elite Pro and installed iboot without any real problem just needed to reboot to get the card mounted

After that it was pretty straight forward installed Juliet009

Cards are pretty cheap now only paid £4 + £4 postage

TNT

Thank's TNT, if new Integral doesn't work will go for Kingston. Mine
was under £7-00 but post free. Have been told the fast Integral
works but had already ordered standard.

Came straight to this thread so missed query thread. If you havn't
found the remove image have posted after PS: the answer to your
question in query thread.

Regards catoro.

echelon
30-06-2007, 12:49 PM
svp do the cards cheap and its 0.99p shipping this weekend ;)