PDA

View Full Version : Broken LNB Arm!!!!!!!!

Tony Baker
08-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Hi,

I have an 85cm Mesh dish on which the LNB Arm has snapped off at the base of the dish due to excessive rust!! The narrow metal arm is a rectangular box section which bolts up behind the back of the dish. Sadly it has completely rusted through and right on the 90 degree bend at the base of the dish!!

If anyone has a spare LNB arm like this lying around, or perhaps might know where I can get a new one from. Can you please post on here or get in touch via a PM?

Because without it I'm totally stuck!

Rgds,

TB

satwyn
09-06-2007, 06:46 PM
have seen this happen after years or exposure to the elements a new dish is your best option they are not expensive

drahcirk
10-06-2007, 11:59 AM
wood is the answer me old mate,.

Tony Baker
10-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Hi,

Do you mean to use wood to repair it? Or to make up a new arm??

Rgds, TB

seti
10-06-2007, 12:50 PM
If the arm is hollow then put a tight piece of wood (pipe) in to the arm and in to the broken end, you could then put a few screws in to stop it turning.
If you were local m8 I could weld it up for you.

echelon
10-06-2007, 02:11 PM
or make your own out of aluminium box tubing of a suitable size

sapper
10-06-2007, 03:39 PM
I had the same problem, there is no repair except making one up, or like me I looked on the net for a new arm, the company is called Lenson Heath, but I was not lucky. I put up an old dish in the end.
Sorry but I do not have the company address.

satwyn
16-06-2007, 10:41 AM
it's the arms that allways rusts the dish face is usially alloy I have plenty but no arms is it worth the bother carving one out of wood or welding when you can get another for peanuts the whole dish + arm and lnb should be no more than £30-45

ABA
16-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I had the same problem, there is no repair except making one up, or like me I looked on the net for a new arm, the company is called Lenson Heath, but I was not lucky. I put up an old dish in the end.
Sorry but I do not have the company address.

lenson heath no longer make dishes havent dont for some years now

ekon
24-06-2007, 03:26 PM
mine is gonna go soon too..a 10 year old 1m dish currently looking at Astra 19.2 and 13e ..what a shame/waste of a good reflector. Started to rust in the bend where the steel is "bended" to a sort of right angle..it creates a little pool betweeen the sidewalls created by bending and in which water sits...once the protective paint starts to go you're in troube. i drilled mine through to let the water escape but it had already started to rust. dunno if I did the right thing but i oil it regularly at this point to try to prolong the life. Thought I'd just got a duff one. Anyone got a Lenson heath diagram/drawing showing the angles? if so could get one made up of box alloy as echelon suggested

ABA
24-06-2007, 04:18 PM
i think the moral of this story is any one who has a lenson heath dish go and check your dish for rust
including your satellite dish arm ;)
o bugger ive got a 1m lenson heath dish on my chimney stack been there for years will have to take me ladders of my van tomorow and take a look :D