PDA

View Full Version : 5400 on a go slow!

TonyO
10-06-2007, 10:57 PM
in the last week my hummy has slowed right up and takes about 2 seconds or more for a command on the remore to take effect on screen, channel changing using the menus and inputting keys are nigh on impossible because you are never quite sure where you are unless you wait for a few seconds all the time.

I got abot 3300 channels loaded in the memory, anyone had this prob ?

ceyer
10-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Hi,

save your channel list and then run this program.

Reload your settings (don´t forget to put the key bin in again as well)

After that it should work a bit faster. Btw it will work faster if you use this setting: Card+EMU

TonyO
11-06-2007, 12:09 AM
thats exactly the file I was going hunt for, while I'm about it I'll load a new channel list original s/w then the patch etc.

Marco
11-06-2007, 12:41 AM
as ceyer says try deleting all channels then try firmware reset

TonyO
11-06-2007, 09:22 AM
complete s/w reload and channel list and setting etc, I swear the picture looks better as well.

Maybe I'm imagining it. ;)

TonyO
30-06-2007, 07:01 PM
my new JVC HMHDS4 Hard Disk Drive/Super VHS Video Cassette Recorder when the HDD is running interferes with the hummy, it slows right up on channel changing and all the commands are a couple of seconds late.

The hummy is situated four inches below the JVC and as soon as I turn the HDD off the hummy reverts back to normal speed, turn it on and the problem is back.

I'll have to separate them by a foot or so, weird.

Prontopro
30-06-2007, 09:19 PM
I've noticed exactly the same problem. Mine appears to start after I do a lot of channel changing. Going into standby and then out again seems to clear the problem for me.

TonyO
01-07-2007, 12:54 AM
theres something interfering with the hummy.

grumpyy
06-07-2007, 07:28 AM
Same here my 5400 slows right down when jvc hdd is running
its positioned a couple of feet away from it, above and to the right
which is the same side jvc hdd is on. I haven't tried positioning it to the left.

However my echolink 777 fta receiver works completely fine - so hdd is affecting something exclusive to the humax.

Maybe you could put a sheet of something inbetween the two to screen it?
I don't know what offhand !

I didn't notice before because I'm using the echolink at the moment as it has tps au, polsat etc