PDA

View Full Version : dead box

nml
11-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Tried installing new beta image today box wouldnt reboot .
Hdd starts but front blank and not lit,no output to tv.
Tried to reinstall via serial upload that i am very familiar with from dreambox but no joy and i cant actualy find anywhere instructions for serial upload i think you press the ok button and turn power on thenstart control centre.
I think probably the bootloader is corrupt i have used jtag on dreambox but i havn't got a clue about this.
The box is 1 week old.

Regards nml:confused:

DaOne
11-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Turn your box off (No power)
Open up the TM control centre program and install the 05 image select the right com port and press start then go to the TM9100 hold the on buton in and switch the power back on from the back and the screen should turn black and the image should start to download.

nml
11-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Thanks daOne can't get at the telly at the mo the wife watching it i will try as soon as possible i was switching the power on with the ok button pressed.the tm control centre got as far as ready but no further.

nml

A
11-06-2007, 08:47 PM
I am really glad at the help given here.
Keep it up:)

nml
11-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Tell you what A it is the best forum online for help just what it should be.

nml

DaOne
11-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks daOne can't get at the telly at the mo the wife watching it i will try as soon as possible i was switching the power on with the ok button pressed.the tm control centre got as far as ready but no further.

nml
Sorry you are right (SILLY ME ) hold the OK BUTTTON. NOT THE POWER BUTTON
But do start the Technomate control centre first then turn power on and hold ok button
A quick reminder

Serial

Serial

1. Open Technomate Control Center 3 and set up the COMPort.Click on File and then go to Files of Type and click on the Down arrow next to it. Select Image (.img). Select the Serial Image (noboot) and click on Open.
2. Hold the OK button on the front panel, and whilst still holding the OK Button, turn the AC Power On. A black screen (uboot) will appear.
3 If it does not work, press the OK button again.
6. When it says Done on the receiver and Download Completed on the PC, turn the AC Power Off/On.

nml
11-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Cheers mate.will let you know how i get on.

nml

nml
11-06-2007, 10:30 PM
No joy it must be more serious does anyone know about jtag on this box.

Thanks for your help nml

Gone_Fishing
11-06-2007, 10:45 PM
No joy it must be more serious does anyone know about jtag on this box.

Thanks for your help nml

The source for the bootloader isn't available yet thats why there is no multiboot, nor is any info on the jtag although
some say the 9100 is pretty much a clone of the itgate so that jtag could work but you would still need the bootloader

Lets hope that info becomes available then we could have booting from memory card, HD etc

TNT

nml
12-06-2007, 07:11 AM
Thanks TNT emailed the dealer will wait and see.

nml

nml
12-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Just tried with memory card box still dead.

nml

goodolddad
13-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Disconnect your hard drive and try a reinstall, it might be the spin up time of your hard drive stopping the boot.

nml
13-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks but i took the hard drive out before i started the attempts to reflash.

nml

nml
13-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Fortunately i have more then 1 box does anyone know a way of jtaging this box.
I did contact the dealer by phone and they asked me to send an email which i did yesterday and they would come back to me and tell me what to do.
No reply whatsoever from them on that one or indeed one i sent 2 days ago.

So i dont hold out much hope.

nml