goodolddad
13-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Premier now working with new mgcam.:D

zad
13-06-2007, 02:36 PM
where are your files for that mate?

goodolddad
13-06-2007, 02:37 PM
I have not uploaded the cam files, they are available in the usual places.

zad
13-06-2007, 02:41 PM
your usual places must be different from mine lol
aint found a new version of thes with prem confirmed anywhere.
are you sure your information is correct?

peggle
13-06-2007, 03:26 PM
your usual places must be different from mine lol
aint found a new version of thes with prem confirmed anywhere.
are you sure your information is correct?

Hint - Where did you buy your 9100?

However its the wrong type of file for auto or manual install on Juliet....I think.

goodolddad
13-06-2007, 03:32 PM
I will put it in the public upload.

zad
13-06-2007, 03:36 PM
must be my brain dying tring to go through beta suff on the stb and i have missed it, im wasting years of my life away lol

cheers bud!

goodolddad
13-06-2007, 03:36 PM
This info and cam is with the thanks of Sin.

2007/06/13
v1.23
tps au (look on U: option), remove old tps.au file if any !
PW mecm.

experimental gbox client (client only, no forwarding),
config file - peer.cfg, cards list in /tmp/mg.info,
reports itself as version 2.0A (there was no such gbox version, can be detected).
if gbox client enabled, it always will be tryed first for irdeto, ignoring P: option.
tested using own local gbox "hub", this is recommended mode to use.

U:, N:, G:, P: options changed, read config file.
osd on disconnect/reconnect to newcamd servers (if S: +02).

zad
13-06-2007, 03:39 PM
sounds too good to be true prem and tps auto update!

goodolddad
13-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Try it and see, ye of little faith.

zad
13-06-2007, 03:51 PM
love too but cant quite suss out where to place the files

goodolddad
13-06-2007, 04:06 PM
You need the mgcam.ppc itself in var/bin then chmod 755 i deleted the .ppc but i not sure if i needed to, mg.cfg and changelog in var/keys.
reboot.

zad
13-06-2007, 04:12 PM
ah you are a star mate! works a charm no tps autoupdate but prem works perfect

goodolddad
13-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Did you delete any tps autoupdates in your key files?, it will not work if you have`nt.

zad
13-06-2007, 04:25 PM
yes, any perticular frequency needed to get the keys?

brain
13-06-2007, 04:36 PM
No TPS working here at the moment. Have followed directions for files and CHMod but still a black screen - Cheers - Brain

goodolddad
13-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Not that i am aware of, if it still does not update make sure the mgcam.cfg file is ok and in the right place.
Did you reboot?.

zad
13-06-2007, 04:39 PM
yep rebooted as well and chmod 755 as well but still no au

goodolddad
13-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Read post 8 in this thread, should show you where you are going wrong.

zad
13-06-2007, 04:45 PM
aaaahhhhhh worked! updated the keys on multivision 7 (dont know if it needs to be on that channel or not) took about 5 min!

cheers goodolddad for all your help

or mabie not..... its stoped working now lol
looks like they just changed to a key i had loaded lol, well i have prem thats good enough for now

goodolddad
13-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Glad to help.

echelon
13-06-2007, 05:04 PM
damn

after all the headaches I had this morning with gbox , you throw this one in too

read the thread , clear as mud , so will have another read tomorrow and maybe have a go at it , lol :)

thanks anyway

goodolddad
13-06-2007, 05:07 PM
:d:d:d

echelon
13-06-2007, 05:25 PM
ok , had a go and backed up my newcamd1.22 , then changed the new one to same name by removing .ppc and chmod to 755 , copied the other 2 files to keys , rebooted and working fine on cabo and premiere :)

only trouble is its name is still v1.22 in the cam menu so can I alter this name to v1.23 ?

thanks

zad
13-06-2007, 05:25 PM
prem works a charm just cant get that sodding tps au to work!

goodolddad
13-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Look at your mg.cfg file with your editor and change the number on line 24 to 04.
reboot and wait.

zad
13-06-2007, 05:56 PM
sorted and made a more in depth explanation in the emu thread.

cheers once again gooolddad!

goodolddad
13-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Glad to help.

echelon
13-06-2007, 06:05 PM
cant get d+ to work on this v1.23 cam but prem , cabo and tps seem ok after following the changes in this thread

can I edit the name of the cam to v1.23 from v1.22 _newcs ?

thanks

zad
13-06-2007, 06:06 PM
are your keys right mate, im getting d+ no problem with this emu

as far as i can tell your stuck with that name but im still playing around so will let you know if i suss it out

goodolddad
13-06-2007, 06:10 PM
I haven`t managed to change the name in the Juliet image but it is easy in the UR image.

echelon
13-06-2007, 07:02 PM
ok , so forget the name , just thought it should be done but no matter , it works :)

just uploaded the latest dreambox keys due to d+ keychange and now got d+ , cabo , prem all working , and tps is now au and working after following the instructions given

so thanks for all your help today ppl

its been tough going but I feel we have achieved something , although it helps to have auto install files at times

goodolddad
13-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Now you are getting it all together echelon, i can`t wait for you shout at some newbies that ask the same old questions without reading through past posts, like you did in the satpimps days.;)

Gone_Fishing
13-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Now you are getting it all together echelon, i can`t wait for you shout at some newbies that ask the same old questions without reading through past posts, like you did in the satpimps days.;)

I hope not it could be me asking the question lol

TNT

RABBY
13-06-2007, 07:19 PM
echelon? Editing the Name is Quite Easy ?? Do not no this Box ? Here is a Example I do for Collosseum Images [ No Longer supported bye EPG ] I Keep It Going:D

Changed the name ect ?? You will be looking for a File like this

echelon
13-06-2007, 07:23 PM
lol

if I know the answers there and ppl havent done some reading them they deserve what they get , lol

if they have read the info and are stuck , I have no problem pushing them the right way , just as you all have done with me recently

it annoys me when I know the answer is there and they dont bother to read the forum at all , especially when we go to such lengths and making stickies with the correct info and tools etc

this box is much harder than any others I have dealt with , and its more goddam INTERESTING too , lol

and when you finally get a picture after making changes etc , what a feeling that is

it really means something to have struggled , got there and learned along the way

RABBY
13-06-2007, 07:45 PM
echelon

Technomate Are Cheap and cheerfull boxes ? Looks like they have come a long way over the years?? Remember when the dreambox came out?? Had one sitting in front of me for Months[ Lost in space ] Humax was the thing then ? [ That does not Even get Plugged to the Mains Supply These Days ]:D

dishdad
13-06-2007, 08:03 PM
lol

if I know the answers there and ppl havent done some reading them they deserve what they get , lol

if they have read the info and are stuck , I have no problem pushing them the right way , just as you all have done with me recently

it annoys me when I know the answer is there and they dont bother to read the forum at all , especially when we go to such lengths and making stickies with the correct info and tools etc

this box is much harder than any others I have dealt with , and its more goddam INTERESTING too , lol

and when you finally get a picture after making changes etc , what a feeling that is

it really means something to have struggled , got there and learned along the way

The whole thread has made interesting reading for me and guess you:

a) felt lost and frustrated at times

b) and as you say.... ''and when you finally get a picture after making changes etc , what a feeling that is''

......yes, we did not have many folk around with the launch of the Dreambox so I can imagine your thoughts!!

Forget the moans, it is worth seeing this again as it sums up some of the feelings you may have had recently...and this guy knows his receivers... 15020

Hope you derive some of the same pleasures I have had/have with the Dreambox, the actual satisfaction arrives with the learning curve and I think backs up my often commented statement, manual configuration achieves a far greater contentment than simply waiting and FTP'ing a complete file without understanding the content and file path placements, although there is nothing wrong with the folk that just want to watch the channels......that said, I suspect the majority of peeps involved in this thread are more hobby than channel watchers!!!

Cheers to all involved here. 15017

When I next visit the UK I might just drift in to a 9100 supplier, by then guess all your info will be in the manufacturers instructional manual that comes with the receiver...lol 15024

RABBY
13-06-2007, 08:11 PM
dishdad

Everyone is Learning All The Time m8 :D

No One Nows Everthing ?? Satboards Years Ago ?? Helped Everyone Out ?? Not the case Anymore [ SAD ]:confused:

Life is a Bitch :)