PDA

View Full Version : Have Taken the plunge

lonewolfe
13-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Just ordered one. And not without some apprehension, having read the previous threads without much understanding.
As I'm out of the country at this moment, I wont get my hands on it for a few weeks. So hopefully, all you clever ones, will have sorted out all the problems and an idiots guide to setting up and operating the machine will be at the top of the stickies, when I'm setting up.;)
Even so, Im sure I'll have a load of questions.

zad
13-06-2007, 06:03 PM
you have made a good choice mate.

it can now do tps au d+ cabo and prem to name a few!

and once you get the hang of it its a dream to use!

goodolddad
13-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Was that a pun zad.

zad
13-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Was that a pun zad.

me never, lol

echelon
13-06-2007, 07:25 PM
he better not forget the paracetamol !!! :)

cos anyone getting this box will deffo need the pills and a long cool drink

its worth it but its not for the faint hearted and some good pc knowledge is required

I can see someone brand new to sat getting a box like this and not even getting off the base square , never mind decoding tps etc

RABBY
13-06-2007, 07:34 PM
echelon

I Am going to get one to play with:D

Cheap @ Nasty [ Like a challenge ]:)

tadge
13-06-2007, 07:38 PM
messed about with mine for a couple of days the decided to box it back up till theres a bit more known...

on my side that is

zad
13-06-2007, 07:39 PM
echelon

I Am going to get one to play with:D

Cheap @ Nasty [ Like a challenge ]:)

see how many times you bang your head against the wall, lol

however i would say there cheap but as far as nasty goes i think they have better support than the dream when it was first released on the public.
and it is just about as good (no pause live tv yet but no doubt it will come)

and its opening d+ cabo prem and tps, so not that nasty!

techmob
13-06-2007, 07:44 PM
how is the spec compared to a dm7020?

i know the support is there for the dm, but maybe given time, this can compete with dm

i am debating getting one, currently have a dm500

lonewolfe
13-06-2007, 07:44 PM
he better not forget the paracetamol !!! :)

cos anyone getting this box will deffo need the pills and a long cool drink

its worth it but its not for the faint hearted and some good pc knowledge is required

I can see someone brand new to sat getting a box like this and not even getting off the base square , never mind decoding tps etc

Not quite new to the sat scene, I've had a Humax 5400Z since 2002 and before that the old d2mac. However, I realise that this is a different kettle of fish, so Ill have to try and pick up from your expertise as I go along.
My heart's quite good, don't care much for the pills though, but have no problem with long cool drinks.:D

rodge52
13-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Just ordered one as well.
Is this a one bottle of paracetamol receiver or a two bottle receiver?

Seriously, been reading the posts for the last week or two and it seems to me that this is the way forward and I hope that you will all take pity on me when I start asking the dumb questions!!!
Been reading and printing out the stickies for when the box arrives and a big thanks to all the guys who have taken the time to share their experiences.

zad
14-06-2007, 07:28 AM
how is the spec compared to a dm7020?

i know the support is there for the dm, but maybe given time, this can compete with dm

i am debating getting one, currently have a dm500

around about the same mate!

the dream has a lot more stable images and a bigger following however the people with 9100's is growing every day and with that massive price difference im sure its going to be just as good if not better in a very small space of time

zola25
14-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Done the same ordered one today, time to put the visionet in the kids room servers are now all but gone still it lasted a while not a bad buy all in all.Now just got to get my head round all this Linux stuff, ftp etc no problem as i use that all the time on the xbox time to start reading this section now.