PDA

View Full Version : HDREADY tv and Sky

ps360wii
13-06-2007, 09:39 PM
hey i need some help, i have recently brought a 32" HDREADY LCD TV which is shown in the link below.

_http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/124743

i brought this tv so i could use my Xbox 360 and when i get a PS3 i can play in High Deffinition. It works great no problem untill i had Sky Multi room put in.

i have a normal Sky box, its not Sky HD or Sky+ the problem is the picture is not as clear as our normal CTR tv downstairs. my HDTV seems to be blurry/ pixelated, and i dont know how to fix this issue, and well i called Sky customer support and there useless. i need to know if there is something wrong with my TV as i will send it back asap and get a replacement.
Regards

love_t_f_t

jackpot18uk
14-06-2007, 01:48 AM
have you made sure of the settings on the sky box, I assume you have it connected with scart lead, make sure picture settings are set to RGB, some hd tv's can sometimes show how bad the picture is from sky on certain channels. Whats the picture like with the 360 when connected through scart not hdmi?

bonovox
15-06-2007, 03:01 AM
Blurry pics will be the LCD's slow response time to showing Standard Def picture. I have an AOC 27" which I bought for around the same price and there is loads of motion blurring when feeding it a Standard Def picture but it was great for HD sources such as the 360. Its the one big problem with LCD's. I have just bought an LG 42LC2DB 42" LCD TV and am very pleased with it. No motion blurring on Standard def pictures but the picture can show digital blocking and noise from Freeview and standard def pictures although having said that I think the picture is great. All it is doing is showing the source up for what it is. The Xbox 360 is fuc#ing awesome and jaw dropping in 1080i and when you feed it HD files from the PC the image is superb. Standard Definition limitations on your LCD are something that you may have to put up with unfortunately. Just noticed also for your TV that both Scarts are only Composite and not RGB which will also limit the picture quality for Sky/Freeview.

ps360wii
15-06-2007, 09:40 PM
have you made sure of the settings on the sky box, I assume you have it connected with scart lead, make sure picture settings are set to RGB, some hd tv's can sometimes show how bad the picture is from sky on certain channels. Whats the picture like with the 360 when connected through scart not hdmi?

first just wanted to say i have my Xbox 360 connected by component HD not HDMI, but yeh when my Xbox 360 is connected by scart its obviously not amazing compared to HD but its not like the Sky box, its nice and... well looks normal.
Regards

love_t_f_t

ps360wii
15-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Blurry pics will be the LCD's slow response time to showing Standard Def picture. I have an AOC 27" which I bought for around the same price and there is loads of motion blurring when feeding it a Standard Def picture but it was great for HD sources such as the 360. Its the one big problem with LCD's. I have just bought an LG 42LC2DB 42" LCD TV and am very pleased with it. No motion blurring on Standard def pictures but the picture can show digital blocking and noise from Freeview and standard def pictures although having said that I think the picture is great. All it is doing is showing the source up for what it is. The Xbox 360 is fuc#ing awesome and jaw dropping in 1080i and when you feed it HD files from the PC the image is superb. Standard Definition limitations on your LCD are something that you may have to put up with unfortunately. Just noticed also for your TV that both Scarts are only Composite and not RGB which will also limit the picture quality for Sky/Freeview.

oh right, so i am not going to be able to improve the picture unless i buy Sky HD then? ... hopefully there is something i can do as i dont really wanna have to spend about either £200 or £300 on a HD box (yeh it is that much!:mad:)
Regards

love_t_f_t

jackpot18uk
15-06-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm running a Toshiba 32 inch with Sky + and picture is great through rgb scart, but had to fiddle with settings on tv to make it look good. originally not so great. but there again it's got 100 herts scan and picture is now excellent. It all depends on quality of tv and price, watching Dreambox 500s at the moment and picture is twice as good then normal crt tv.

keith mawer
16-06-2007, 08:32 AM
jacpot dont you run the sly channels via a hdmi socket??

jackpot18uk
16-06-2007, 05:36 PM
no HDMI on sky+ box, only on Sky hd, run my Pace SD810XE HD receiver (BBC HD pictue WOW) through HDMI, Xbox 360 through component, upscaler DVD through HDMI, and Dreambox, Sky +, PS2 and DVD recorder through RGB scart. TV is Toshiba Regza 32 inch, cost £650, but glad I spent the extra money.

keith mawer
16-06-2007, 07:37 PM
wooo sounds complicated am thinking of getting a lg50" but i think i will stick to a hd sky box,, sounds easier,,
1 thing i do want seperate speakers hope that wont be complicated!!

ps360wii
14-07-2007, 04:29 PM
shouldnt be complicated mate, my surround sound speakers just plugged into the side of the tv, although i do have to choose in a menu which channel i want the surround sounds speakers to work with.

mintywilliams
15-07-2007, 01:37 PM
hey i need some help, i have recently brought a 32" HDREADY LCD TV which is shown in the link below.

_http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/124743

i brought this tv so i could use my Xbox 360 and when i get a PS3 i can play in High Deffinition. It works great no problem untill i had Sky Multi room put in.

i have a normal Sky box, its not Sky HD or Sky+ the problem is the picture is not as clear as our normal CTR tv downstairs. my HDTV seems to be blurry/ pixelated, and i dont know how to fix this issue, and well i called Sky customer support and there useless. i need to know if there is something wrong with my TV as i will send it back asap and get a replacement.
Regards

love_t_f_t

the crt tv produces the best sd picture and thats why on your lcd it is slightly blurry.

ps360wii
17-07-2007, 06:53 PM
the crt tv produces the best sd picture and thats why on your lcd it is slightly blurry.

so there is nothing i can do but wait untill tv becomes HD standard?

just incase someone i know in the future buys a HDTV does plasma have this problem like LCD does?
Regards

love_t_f_t