PDA

View Full Version : Ideas needed for me new DB

aslat
14-06-2007, 06:55 PM
I didn't think this section would be this quiet. Is it because DM rarely goes wrong?

So, got me Dreambox 500s. Set up me network, set up the motor, sorted out some streaming to me PC

What else can I do??
What other tricks can this box do?

A
14-06-2007, 09:18 PM
watch tv for a change:D

sonic1
14-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Send sms to m8's play old S_P_E_C_T_R_U_M games, what image you using?

brain
14-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Have you set up bouquets;added a memory stick so you can have a different image for each day;played around with skins etc, installed multiple cams and wrestled with emus and file packages; researched the plethora of original and preloaded images etc available - pm me for a good site. If youve cracked it to distraction in a few days we need you here to help those of us constantly finding new challenges. Have fun - Brain - DB 7000

aslat
15-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Yep, I've added bouquets..don't need multiple cams coz I have a small server with a few mates and newcs is perfect for us at the moment..

I need more research into streaming and recording especially from outside my LAN (from work or other PCs etc)

Also, would like to know if its possible to view on a PDA/Smart phone?

PDM
17-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Why not try a NFS mount... So you can record... As well as, use plugins like Mplug (to grab Sky EPG) along with MV (MultiView) to display the EPG for 14 days... (these would have to be n your NFS mount due to the space restrictions on the DM500)

Then look at the various plugns available to see what grabs your attention....