PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6300 anyone got one and how good

we are borg
19-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Hi Guys

thanking of having one as a freebie from o2.

any of you got one and is it any good or is there an alternative that you can recommend.

we are borg

aslat
19-06-2007, 02:36 PM
have a look on gsmarena dot com for some reviews...

we are borg
19-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Hi M8

thanks for that I have done a few reviews which were favourable but trying to get users feedback for a more balanced view.

regards

we are borg

eXpat
20-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Got a 6300 this morning (freebie from T-Mobile).

Overall it appears to be a decent phone. The phone uses a micro SD card accessible by removing the back cover. The memory card contains a few applications and games and the phone doesn't contain much in the line of wallpaper / themes or screensavers but this was overcome by downloading content from _http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/nokia-6288-themes/1/

The wallpapers / themes I downloaded are for the Nokia 6288 but the wallpaper size is 240 x 320 the same as the 6300 and displayed OK.

The SD card content (apps and games) is copyright protected and I haven't managed to copy anything from card to disk ... yet.

The camera is 2 MP (no flash) and the picture quality wasn't too bad when used in the garden, there are a few options to change the white balance which improved the picture slightly.

The 6300 didn't come with a data cable and I have been using an old USB bluetooth dongle to access the phone via the Nokia data suite (the program on the included CD was out of date and I used the program to download the latest version which will automatically update the installed program when run).

Also used the 6300 bluetooth to access and transfer pictures between another Nokia phone and MDA compact with no problems.

The 6300 screen is OK and the menu's readable, I also like the blue keyboard illumination when a key is pressed. One thing I don't like is the digital clock displayed at the top right of the screen (outline figures) but it can be changed via the menu to an anologue clock - which is a small off white clock face - but I suppose it is down to personal choice.

Got a parrot CK3200LS bluetooth carkit arriving Thursday so I will see how the 6300 performs in the car.

Hope this helps?

Regards,

eXpat.