PDA

View Full Version : Settings Help !

Gone_Fishing
20-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Ok loaded pet settings forgot to back up what I had already scanned idiot, anyway for some reason it messed up my settings :rolleyes:

Now when I upload from 9100 to pc dreamset gives message "cannot load this file" whats the easiest way to delete
my settings and start again, factory reset maybe ?

PS : I have a headache :p

TNT

echelon
20-06-2007, 10:07 PM
didnt really understand what you said

but afaik you should factory reset it , and if still having problems reload 005 and then 006 again , remembering to factory reset after loading each image

Gone_Fishing
20-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Basically I uploaded some settings and they came out all messed up on the box, so I tried to send them from the box
to PC so I could edit them but dreamset wouldn't load them

Anyway done a factory reset although it didn't reboot after so had to power off but it seems fine ?

It should reboot itself after reset right cant remember the first time been messing with it all afternoon its a bit of a blur :rolleyes:

TNT

echelon
21-06-2007, 07:45 AM
they dont always manage to do what they should do , so sometimes a power off and on is needed

hopefully when newer software arrives the issues may be less or none at all

Gone_Fishing
21-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah I expected some problems and expect some more when I start installing emus and addons

Not sure what happened with the settings bouquets disappeared and loads of empty user
lists appeared think I'll try dreambox edit or DCC this time don't really want to scan them all

Up until that happened its been fine even USALS worked a treat although my dish is a little off,
streaming is perfect although I've only tested on FTA

TNT

goodolddad
22-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Those of you that move your dish by usals and find it does not align properly, have you tried changing the east/west settings slightly to see if it alters the finishing position at all.
I do not use usals myself so i can not test this myself, otherwise i would.

Gone_Fishing
22-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Those of you that move your dish by usals and find it does not align properly, have you tried changing the east/west settings slightly to see if it alters the finishing position at all.
I do not use usals myself so i can not test this myself, otherwise i would.

Yes you can do that and store them in positions, you can also fine tune one sat and the press recalculate and it will adjust them all ;)

Mines only a little off if I adjust them I get 95-99 SNR on the main sats :)

USALS worked great for me I just put in long and lat and then upload new settings, no scanning involved now :)

TNT

goodolddad
22-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Thats good news about the usals, does the motor over scan and then reset itself like my technomate 5000dapci?.

Gone_Fishing
22-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Thats good news about the usals, does the motor over scan and then reset itself like my technomate 5000dapci?.

Don't know M8

I just input long & lat upload settings and thats it !

Motor goes to the right sats after that

TNT

peggle
22-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Mines only a little off if I adjust them I get 95-99 SNR on the main sats :)

TNT

Your dish may not be spot on!

You may find this hard to believe, but its what I get.

I can move the dish in about 20 steps and still get a signal from a satellite.

Say I select Astra 1.

I move the dish east till I just loose signal.

I then step it back west.

The SNR readings I get per step go something like this :-

76% bad picture breakup, 72, 55, 51, 91, 86, 82, 80, 78, 76, 75, 74, 74, 74, 76, 80, 84, 92, 51, 58, 66, 72, 19.

Therefore when I am centered on the satellite the SNR is 74%.

When I peak for the highest SNR the dish is close to loosing the signal or getting sparklies!

It cannot be anything to do with side lobes on my dish as the analogue receiver I use to drive it shows a progressive signal level :- 140, 144, 162, 169, 173, 176, 178, 179, 180, 181, 181, 182, 182, 182, 182, 181, 181, 180, 178, 174, 171, 166, 159, 152.

Can anyone else try & see what they get?

Gone_Fishing
22-06-2007, 09:23 PM
I said my dish is not spot on

But I don't see why you want to have it in the center of the steps on a satellite ie 74 in your example

I don't do it that way and I would be surprised if anyone else does

I myself find the maximum stable SNR on the sat no matter where that might fall as for as steps are concerned

I set mine up with usals and then go to motor setup and move it to the most stable SNR for that sat, if you push
it to far you can get wild fluctuations between 99 - 50 and thats when you get problems

Obviously you can see that happening looking at the SNR signal meter

I'm surprised your getting picture breakup at 76 normaly happens to me when I go below 25, not that I've tested it yet with this box

TNT

peggle
23-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Seems obvious to me to have it centered on sat. That way its not affected by winds or attenuated signal in say very heavy rain.

I never loose signal even in the worst weather, although I unplug everything for thunderstorms!

If I peaked for SNR on the 9100 I would have a few sparklies on analog channels on my other receiver.

The signal breakup at the extreme could be interference from adj sat, or my noisy locality? (I have BT 11GHz microwave systems in my area).

Thinking further it might mean we have too much signal. Your solution is to drive the dish slightly off beam to reduce the strength, mine is to live with it.

Gone_Fishing
23-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Well there you go we all do things differently so I guess its what ever works for you ;)

But as I said I don't go for peak SNR I go for the highest stable SNR and that works for me ;)

TNT