PDA

View Full Version : Help loading image

scrambled
22-06-2007, 10:56 AM
I have received my box today. Using the guide on here I am trying to load Orignal image 005 via Serial cable. Loaded Technomate control centre 3. Click on image started the download. At all times Erro appears in the box window. When the download completes and I power off then on, it won't go past the technomate screen. What have I done wrong guys.

Please help.

Regards

Scrambled:frown:

zad
22-06-2007, 11:03 AM
use the latest tmcc (version 6)
in the tools section

i think you have to set the program off running before you power up the box.
a also believe that you must hold the ok button on the box down (when switching on) untill the firmware starts uploading.

cant say i have done it over serial mate so cant say exactly what to expect if you have a a mmc this is much easier to use and update with.

think you have to use the correct file for serial link as well
i know the instructions say that you have to use the original 05 first but you can use the juliet 05 first

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=65907

the file in the 1st post

scrambled
22-06-2007, 11:12 AM
After loading the image hold in channel up and factory reset. Maybe someone can add this to the guide. Now I have done this everything is fine. On to Juilet 006:D

Scrambled

zad
22-06-2007, 11:20 AM
oops thought that was in the guide!!!

you should do a factroy reset after loading every image (this clears unused files)

you should also do it after loading juliet 06

echelon
22-06-2007, 11:21 AM
I have now added it to a couple of other places in the guide

hope it helps

peggle
22-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Factory reset via menu is in the guide.

His problem was box wouldn't boot past Technomate screen after power cycle.

This doesn't normally happen. Due to using TCC3 instead of TCC5 or using Serial perhaps??????

scrambled
22-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks Echelon for adding to the guide. It make others will follow step by step. Peggie I did use Technomate Control Centre 3 for the original image. Maybe that is where I when wrong. Loaded up Captains channel settings. This receiver is a pig with a Diseqc motor. I put in 13,16,19 and 26east the moment I go to put 28.2 E in it defaults round to 45 East. Then I have to manually drive it back to 13 east. I won't go automatically.

Apart from the motor issue looks an exciting box.

Any motor tips would be helpful.

Regards,

Scrambled:D