PDA

View Full Version : FORTECStar PASSION...HD

Andrew007
27-06-2007, 04:52 PM
HI Guys...
Went out and got myself one of these today..
Main reason was that after hearing that its a Dutch company which is responsible for the S/W Updates and the near Future holds a HELL of a lot of changes.(Blind Scan is coming for sure.)
One of the other reasons was the Memory for 10.000 Channels and the very speedy Scan.
Easy Menu and Set-Up and very pleasant Menu Display's.
Works beautifully on my Pana Plasma HD Tv..
Very nice first impressions..YES
My Dealer has told me that I have two years warranty and if I am NOT happy with the future development he WILL take it back any time..which is comfy to know..
I will keep Testing...
Cheers;)
Andrew

Here's some Info on it...Enjoy.

FEATURES:
MPEG-2, MPEG-4 H.264 HD/SD Digital Video Decoding
DVB-S2 and DVB-S compatible
PCMCIA interface (2slots) according to DVB Common Interface standard
DiSEqC 1.0, 1.2 and USALS (1.3) compatible
HDMI, Component, Composite, S-Video, Digital Audio (SP/DIF) and SCART outputs
Multiple output resolution modes: 1080i, 720p, 576p
16 bit True color On-Screen Display (OSD)
Variable Aspect Ratio (4:3, 16:9)
Multilingual Audio and Menu Text support
Saves 10,000 channels (TV: 7000 CH, RADIO: 3,000 CH)
VFD Display (Vacuum Fluorescent Display) for Channel Number, Name and Time
Full Picture-In-Graphic (PIG) support
SCPC/MCPC channel receivable from C/Ku band satellites
Simple Operation through On-Screen Display
Electronic Program Guide (EPG) for on-screen service information
Subtitle supported
Teletext supported by VBI (where available)
Last channel recall function
Channel list editing functions
Favorite channel list editing
Menu controls on front panel
Parental lock facility
Firmware upgrade by USB
USB Host supported
Firmware and Data transfer from receiver-to-receiver
MOSAIC function supported
Sleep timer function
10 event timer
Sat / Channel find function
Zoom (x2, x4, x8, x16) function
Utility function

SPECIFICATIONS:
IF / Tuner
Input Connector
F-Type, Female, IEC 169-24
Input Frequency Range
950MHz to 2150MHz
RF Input Signal Level
-25dbm ~ -65dBm
LNB Power & Polarization
Vertical: +12V ~ +14V
Horizontal: +17V ~ +19V
Current: Max.500mA with overload protection
22KHz Tone
Frequency: 22KHz, +/-4KHz
Amplitude: 0.6V, +/-0.2V
DiSEqC Control
DiSEqC1.0, 1.2, 1.3 compatible
Demodulation
QPSK & 8PSK
Input Symbol Rate
DVB S: 1~45Ms/s
DVB S2: 20~30Ms/s (QPSK), 10~30Ms/s (8PSK)
FEC Code Rate
DVB S: 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8
DVB S2 (QPSK): 1/2, 3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10
DVB S2 (8PSK):3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10
Common Interface
CI
2 CI Slots
MPEG Transport Stream A/V Decoding
Transport Stream
MPEG-2 ISO/IEC 13818 Transport Stream Specification
Video Resolution
1920x1080i, 1280x720p, 720x576p, 720x576i
Input Rate
Max. 15MB/s
Video
MPGE-2 MP@ML,
H.264/AVC Audio
MPEG/MusiCam Layer 1 & 2
Audio Mode
Single/Dual Channel
Audio Sampling Frequency
32/44.1/48KHz
Main System
Main Processor
ST7100
Graphic (MPEG) & System DRAM
64 Mbytes + 64 Mbytes
Flash Memory
8 MBytes
EEPROM
8 KBytes
A/V & Data Input/Output
Video
TV-SCART (CVBS out, S-Video out)
VCR-SCART (CVBS in/out, RGB in)
RCA Jack (CVBS out), Component Jack (YPbPr out)
Din Jack (S-Video out)
Audio
TV-SCART (L/R out)
VCR-SCART (L/R in/out)
RCA Jack (L/R out, Digital audio out)
Optical toslink (Digital audio out)
Digital A/V Output
HDMI Digital A/V Output
Serial Port
Transfer rate 115200bps
USB A type
USB HOST
Front Panel
Keys – 8 Buttons
AC Power, Ch Down/Up ,Volume UP/Down, Menu, OK, Back
VFD (10 Digit Alpha-Numeric)
Channel Numbers, Name and Time
PCMCIA
2 Slot Common Interface
USB Host
USB A type connector
Power Supply
Input Voltage
AC 95~250V, 50/60Hz
Type
SMPS
Power Consumption
Running Max 40Watts
General
Dimension (W x D x H)
340mm x 230mm x 65mm
Weight (Net)
2.7Kg

Tony Baker
27-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Hi, be good to know an approx guide price? Also a photo of the box would be nice to see as well. Rgds, TB

dave859
27-06-2007, 07:00 PM
mapli* has them for 199 but 185 if you sign up to the mailing letter , the 1st lot of them being sold now do not have blind scan but the second batch will have , lets hope this is a change of firmware and not hardware in the box.

TheBadger
27-06-2007, 07:32 PM
;) I've been playing with one for a few days now and can confirm it's a very nice machine. Changing firmware can be easily accomplished be using a memory stick. As far as I know the software to utilise the RS232 port hasn't been released yet and I believe the channel editor is being developed by a German company well know for this type of software.

tigertimtim
27-06-2007, 08:07 PM
does it pick up bbc hd channel and premiere hd channel ok, does it also pick up kabel duetchland on 23.5 east and does it do 4;2;2 feeds ? and last but not least does the diablo cam work ok on this reciever as iam very interested in getting this, fed up waiting for technomate.

applematt
27-06-2007, 08:21 PM
I have Humax HD reciever yes quite easy to setup -- but if you have a motorised system forget.

To add other locations you need a serveral stephen hawkins helping ya - the software is flawed. Well nots not for the layman for sure. The menu system needs a total re-write first ..shame as hoping this was a good buy.

Anyone thinking of buying a HUmax for HD I would think again -- The FORTECStar PASSION after a lot of reading sounds the one to go for. Will sell mine and get one.

TheBadger
28-06-2007, 08:13 AM
:D Yes, don't know, supposed to be coming in a new firware update and a reserved yes as I'm still testing.

foxlighter
28-06-2007, 08:50 AM
you want pictures here you go,
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p66/simonjenkins_bucket/forteckhd.jpg

suprapower
28-06-2007, 11:04 AM
No reason to get excited over this one

Has it CAS EMU - NO

Can it Cardshare - NO

the Ferguson HF 8800 HD is the one

satwyn
28-06-2007, 02:22 PM
blindscan 4.2.2 decoding then I will take a look nothing special at the moment

pmb
08-07-2007, 10:32 AM
I see Dr dishtv are testing it on this weeks show. Anyone seen it? Must set the recorder for tomorrow.

satwyn
08-07-2007, 11:48 AM
do you know what time it's on in english

pmb
08-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Somewhere between 9:15 and 10:15 am. It's the third item.

satwyn
08-07-2007, 05:06 PM
thanks will take a look tomorrow

zcar
10-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Looks a nice bit of kit on Dr Dish dus this RX ;)

Now I need to learn how-to edit the recording off Dreambox ie/ a ts.file I need to cut all the other crap out so just to have the talk about the RX then upload for people who have missed the show :)

satwyn
11-07-2007, 09:34 AM
the fortec now £149.99 at m*****s if you want a cheap hi def receiver

satwyn
11-07-2007, 09:36 AM
managed to catch dr dish in german will have another look today for the english version

xanadu
11-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Dr.Dish said it had a poor tuner, which has put me off buying it, and is also slow to scan a satellite.

zcar
11-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks for that satwyn and xanadu, I could only get the audi in German so was unsure on what was said though I do have the Clip of the test ;)

xanadu
11-07-2007, 04:01 PM
The reduced price might tempt me to try it though. :p

Don't think that 4:2:2 is working on this version as the current hardware chip may not be compatible, so may be worth waiting.

pmb
11-07-2007, 04:40 PM
It's on at about 09:26 BST in english. I would have thought that the tuner modules are all very similar in receivers. My technomate and skystar2 are not quick to scan so I could live with that. For the new price I think it is a good deal.

satwyn
11-07-2007, 05:58 PM
the tuner will not matter with astra ect only on bordeline signals but most have other receivers for scanning no powerscan at the moment either the tuner in other fortec receivers are fine I will test against the technomate 9100 to see if there is a major difference

applematt
11-07-2007, 07:47 PM
One word -- Awesome -- compared to the dog HUMAX its good - and for £140 is worth it and its proberly the best HD reciever around. WIth the HUMAX is very difficult to even change satilites! Also your need to load beta firmware just to see channels.

I just updated the firmware - Carefully! Via USB Stick and the took 20 minutes to load 3 Sat's. Make sure you use teh HDMI cable not scart!

xanadu
11-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Make sure you use teh HDMI cable not scart!

What's wrong with the SCART output?

Andrew007
12-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Hi Guys..
I have had this Beast for about three weeks..now
I AM very satisfied with it taking into account that its been on the Market for a few weeks only.
Yes.. M*****s are giving it away at a Bargain price.:eek:
If anyone is interested its a great Buy for that price.
There have been 3x S/W Updates..saying that I MUST inform you they are NOT official releases but Beta release...
They are addressing the problems mentioned by the Users.
A few Bugs are still to be addressed but as I was told I am too impatient and should back off with my Feed-Back reports/comments concerning the Bugs that I have noticed.
As far as I can see and have noticed..IMHO..ONLY.
The Set-Up is pretty straight forward.
Scanning the different Sats (I have tried Astra 19°E.Hotbird 13°E..Astra28°E..Hispasat 30°w..Thor 1°w..Sirius 5°E..)seems to be a bit of problem..IMHO.
Others report that Scanning is all OK and NO problem at all..
which again IMHO is NOT really correct we are ALL using the same Beta updates and I have problems ..the others dont..decide for yourselves.
Most of the HD programmes out there have been found..
But there ARE issues with Multi-Sat Scanning which are mind Boggling..for example ..
Scanning Hispasat.. I keep getting 4 Transponder results from Astra 19°E
Same happens on Astra 28.°E..here I get Hotbird Transponder results showing up..OK
some Transponders DO NOT give results at all ,although if I link up another STB on the same connection they come in nicely and all the programmes on the Transponders concerned are found...OK
Lets leave Scanning there..OK
EPG has been looked at but still needs to be addressed again..
I was told this is NOT very important..at this Stage.OK
Manual PID entry is as far as I am concerned NOT working correctly..
I have followed the Instructions using the Handbook but cannot get results.
The On Screen Menu Displays are very Nice .IMHO
The Menu Lay-Out is also very nice..IMHO
The On-Board Edit Functions are WITHOUT Fault in fact SUPERB..never seen anything like this on any other STB ..
A Channel Back-Up is implemented so after Editing your Channels you can simply store them in the STB memory and if you need you can get them back at any time..OK
A Tip when and about Editing.. when the STB gets a little Hot it seems to lose parts of the Channel List on Screen..but this is NO problem..Back-Up the List into STB Memory and just Switch the STB OFF with remote (this saves the changes) then turn OFF/ON at the front with the Power switch and then it Re-Boots and they are back complete as you last left them....
The front Power Switch turns the STB OFF comletely..also a great function.
The USB connectiond works WITHOUT Fault..SUPERB.
Loading your S/W updates and Reading/Writing Settings IN and OUT of the STB is also ..SUPERB and super quick.
THE CI's Slots work with most of the Cams out there..ie T-Rex V4.6 and Diablo.( I have a Joker in Top Slot and a Diablo in Bottom Slot)
Works very well and NO comments are needed.
A little slow in activating after a Scan but thats not a problem IMHO.
Thats basically it for the time being..
Hope this Helps and as I find other Functions/Faults/Bugs Goodies I will return with an Update..OK

Cheers;)
Andrew

PS..
Q's.. concerning the 4.2.2 function and BlindScan..at present NO.....but my Dealer has told me that this is in the making..if that is possible with this HW Version..?..dont know..!!
Lets wait and see..OK

edthekid
12-07-2007, 04:55 PM
might go and get 1 tonight.....local ****** has 1 left......where do i get patches from..is there a fortecstar passion downloads...

applematt
12-07-2007, 05:11 PM
I have a HUMAX-2000 and a Passion HD linked up right now -- side by side.

The Quality of the Humax is much better on the HD channels - more especially on DiscoveryHD - Colours are more vivid. -- Its a Pain as I wanna dump the humax!

Still testin playin with settings so -- may be able to fix. But the quality of the humax makes me think its a better video board inside ... be interested if anyone else has 2 x recivers.

Anythin that comes out of ma p lins is normally not much cope anyway!

edthekid
12-07-2007, 05:15 PM
thought you said it was best hd reciever out......lol

applematt
12-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Yea .for setting up and getting everything working .... today I had some time so I setup up both togther and have noticed this -- it could be just my box or some settings not right - cables -- Im still testing.

the Passion is very new -- and they doing a good job with beta firmware updates -- to overcome bugs etc

Spent - evening playing with both as its dark - so big screen looks good -- The Humax is much more warmer and displays colours better much more vivid look's like yoru normal liquid HD. I keep playing -- maybe im doing somethin wrong.
Not much in it but enough for me to keep my Humax for now. The Humax + my Sony Lcd look's amazing - watched most of Wmbledon and you cant get any better. When I started to view HD on the Fortec I did notice it was not as good -- So by having 2 x recivers linked up you can see the difference.

mintywilliams
16-07-2007, 06:55 AM
i spent 3 hours setting up my new passion hd and had issues with saving sat positions but i think i have overcome that problem. i was dissapointed with the hd picture quality when compared to the humax hd but after some tweaking with the tv settings i have a good picture on hd.i have 2 cams, a dragon v4.1 in top slot and diablo in bottom,both are recognised by receiver BUT can only access dragon menu,switched them around and still can only access dragon menu,have to eject dragon to access diablo menu.is there a favourites list that doesnt have every channel listed on it from 28e and can the favourites be divided into 5 seperate lists like the humax has.

TheBadger
16-07-2007, 07:18 AM
:confused: Can't comment on the cam issue as I've only attempted to use one at a time. However, with regard to the favourites, until you set up some and rename them using the edit function after you have selected a channel (button which looks like a piece of Battenburg cake) in the channel lists option in the main menu, you won't see any. There are at least 8 available by pressing the favourites button (white) more than once.

applematt
16-07-2007, 12:09 PM
@mintywilliams
i was dissapointed with the hd picture quality when compared to the humax hd but after some tweaking with the tv settings i have a good picture on hd.

Yea same here - I manged to get the HD picture clse to the humax but it not the same on mine. could you confirm the Tv settings you changed etc ?

mintywilliams
16-07-2007, 02:29 PM
@mintywilliams
i was dissapointed with the hd picture quality when compared to the humax hd but after some tweaking with the tv settings i have a good picture on hd.

Yea same here - I manged to get the HD picture clse to the humax but it not the same on mine. could you confirm the Tv settings you changed etc ?

i have a goodmans GTV42P5HD plasma and in the menu section i have some preset settings called natural (worst for hd picture),cinema (best) and dynamic (ok) but all can be tweaked individually by contrast,brightness,sharpness and colour. hope that helps.

applematt
16-07-2007, 02:35 PM
i have a goodmans GTV42P5HD plasma and in the menu section i have some preset settings called natural (worst for hd picture),cinema (best) and dynamic (ok) but all can be tweaked individually by contrast,brightness,sharpness and colour. hope that helps.

Yea I have same - But if HD signal is coming from a receiver - Both should be the same?!

I agree you have to change your LCD/PLASMA settings on your TV for HD for sure -- but the Fortec dont look as clean as teh Humax -- I even put the fortec backin the box and might sell!

dave859
16-07-2007, 02:51 PM
my 1st box was faulty so now im on my 2nd and i must say the picture on hd is no where near as good as the pace810 , the tuner in it is the worst i have every owned , drop outs on low powered feeds is happening when my technomate picks the same up off the loop at 75% also it resets it self when you try and do a advanced scan. without powerscan and 4.2.2 this box is not worth the money.

mintywilliams
16-07-2007, 03:23 PM
i must admit that even the sd pics look better than on the humax

satwyn
16-07-2007, 03:35 PM
seems picture is better on some fortecs than others even though they are the same model or possibly some screens are better suited than others picture with mine on the sony lcd is no worse or better than any of my other receivers and I have tried quite a few on hdmi 1080 nothing to get too exited about but if the 4.2.2 and blind scan will materialise I for one will be happy never mind the picture these receivers do not cost the earth so do not expect too mutch

applematt
16-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Thanks Satwyn -- you make sense.

Im going to take back to Craplins and ask for refund - based on that.

Andrew007
19-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Hi Guys..
Thanks for all your Feed-back its nice to read so many critical results as well as your personal findings ..
I have been playing around with this STB but unlike some of you have only the one for making any comparisons as too Picture Quality..
I am using a Panasonic Plasma 42" and as far as I can se the Pics are OK..a little adjustment on the Panasonic with the on Board settings gets the Pics looking really nice...IMHO
The Tuner ..well that's been mentioned several times here and by Dr Dish..IS really a little weak..I must admit.Cannot get as many Transponders Scanned with the Passion as with my other STB's..!
I get a Signal and its stable (Signal 84% - Quality 96%) BUT NO results..:frown:
Am missing about 400 Channels on Astra 19°E and Hotbird 13°E..whatever I do I cannot get these Transponders to yield any Channels.
Scanning on Hispasat 30°W I get Transponder/Channels results from Astra 19°E..!!:eek:
Astra 2 28°E Scanning shows Transponders/Channels from Hotbird..!!
This is very confusing and I have never had anything like it before on any other STB..So Scanning IS an ISSUE ..YES.:confused:
Also Zapping is a bit Slow about 3 secs when changing Channels then a 2 sec wait for a Signal Lock and then a further 2 secs for the Pics to Open whether FTA or Scrambled..which is NOT really very Good by todays standards but lets see what the Updates bring us..!
There have been 4 x S/W Updates ..I must stress that these are Beta Releases and as such NOT from the Official Fortecstar site.
Up to date the Updates have apparently made changes to the Scan,EPG and the Scart on the Rear which is now RGB compatible...other issues have been addressed..I would advise you go and check out the Updates yourselves and make up your own decisions..OK
Loading the S/W and backing up your Settings via USB is as simple as can be..that's a great Function..YES.
Have NOT had any Crashes except once while trying to Read Settings from STB via USB stick..ended up with a flashing Display showing "Loader V1.4" and the STB would NOT Boot..but this was easy to Fix by simply Loading the S/W again via USB.
That's basically it for the time being..still waiting for S/W Updates to Fix the Bugs remaining..all in all still Happy with the purchase ..will wait for the Fixes before I make up my mind definitely as too what to do with this beast.
Cheers;)
Andrew

raymie
06-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Got this reciever myself and it does not reconize Diablo cam at the min

Andrew007
07-09-2007, 07:16 AM
OK Guys..
been away on Holiday back now..
Here's an Update on what has happened up to Date..
The S/W Version is Now V104 and with this there have been many improvements most of ther Faults I have written about have been rectified.!
I am very pleased with the Results.
The latest feature is the AU Power Scan..You can SET the STB to do a Search and Update your Channels while you sleep.
In the Menu you can SET your desired preferences and when you Switch him OFF at Night it Runs thru the Sats you have Stored and Updates your Channels putting them on the back of your current List so you can see the results.NICE one that ..I believe its a First.;)
The STB Runs pretty Stabil now and so we wait for more Goodies.
I keep Reading that many are having problems with Cams ..well to be truthfull and I have been in my Reporting,I am runnig a Joker and Diablo together..with NO PROBLEMS.
Still waiting a solution for the 4.2.2 and the PVR Record Function thru the USB.
Thats it Folks.:D
Cheers;)
Andrew

Snuffer
07-09-2007, 08:27 AM
Andrew

I am a beta tester of Fortec passion and that 1.04 are not a release but a beta version.
They are working on this moment for 4:2:2 and power scan.

Ron

satwyn
07-09-2007, 09:46 AM
will be nice if we get 4.2.2 blind scan that's why I originally bought the fortec I have a codaco ird 2800 that does the 4.2.2 and does it well blind scan works with dragon ect the rear connectors are a bit out of the ordinary xlr for audio bnc video it also has the ability to delay audio for lip sync problems biss is also inbuilt no cams needed

Andrew007
07-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Andrew

I am a beta tester of Fortec passion and that 1.04 are not a release but a beta version.
They are working on this moment for 4:2:2 and power scan.

Ron

Yes Ron ..you are of course correct..they are ALL still Beta Versions.

Cheers;)
Andrew

pmb
07-09-2007, 05:15 PM
£150 again at map***s

dave859
07-09-2007, 07:37 PM
and be quick cos theres only 13 left

xanadu
07-09-2007, 08:12 PM
and be quick cos theres only 13 left

I would not rush into this 2nd rate receiver which still has serious issues.

No English HD audio on Premiere. :rolleyes:

CAMS stop working and RX has to be rebooted. :rolleyes:

No 4:2:2 as all the hype had promised. :rolleyes:

No blindscan as more hype had promised. :rolleyes:

satwyn
07-09-2007, 08:55 PM
not the best receiver out does nothing well terrible tuner must have used same tuner as the quali tv but another lemon for the collection I have aquired over the years

applematt
08-09-2007, 09:46 AM
not the best receiver out does nothing well terrible tuner must have used same tuner as the quali tv but another lemon for the collection I have aquired over the years

:D I have one as well -- yea its a lemon -- but latest upgrade this week is better Id say. Prefer the humax thou. If the USB recordings comes out then its will be good.

tjspock
08-09-2007, 10:37 AM
I would not rush into this 2nd rate receiver which still has serious issues.

No English HD audio on Premiere.

CAMS stop working and RX has to be rebooted.

No 4:2:2 as all the hype had promised.

No blindscan as more hype had promised.
ditto:mad:

dave859
08-09-2007, 11:31 AM
i ment stock levels were low so be quick if you really want one , my view is the same as satwyn & xanadu on this box + i really do feel let down by fortec , the blind scan come in the beta software but did'nt work so they removed it and passed us off with this power scan witch is no good for getting feeds. also it does'nt save the english sound track on premeire and d+ so every time you change channel it goes back to german or spanish. i hope it will come good in the end if they get pvr and 422 is working

mizo
15-12-2007, 11:46 AM
thanks guys for all the useful info , I'm looking to buy a hd receiver, this model is on e*bay at £130 at the mo, my finger was on the buy it now button until i read this review!

I'm still not sure what hd receiver to go for tho any suggestions welcome
cheers
mizo:)

applematt
15-12-2007, 01:58 PM
£130 is ok - Your always be able to re-sell for £130 as long as you keep box.

PVR is coming very soon -- so will make this bo a bargain. The latest Firmware now fixes most errors. IM ok with it.
Most HD recievers are oevr £200 so £130 is a bargain but your getting a ok receiver.

xanadu
15-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Best HD PVR box at the moment is the Vantage 7100 for about £320

pipino
15-12-2007, 04:12 PM
what about ClarkeTech 5000 HD or Technisat digicorder Twin HD did anybody try them ???the last one looks out of this world

Eugenie
15-12-2007, 05:39 PM
The Technisat may look very nice on the hardware side but the software is very 'middle of the road', nothing special at all, especially not for an enthusiast...and it is still expensive! Download the pdf manual from their site to see for yourself.

pipino
15-12-2007, 06:10 PM
i think i better wait for IPBOX 9000,since there are strong indication that DM8000 wont be out at all ..regards

Eugenie
15-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Yes, the IPBOX 9000 seems to be the one to wait for...as for the 8000, wouldn“t it be nice to get a clear answer directly from DMM on the actual status?

applematt
15-12-2007, 07:03 PM
what about ClarkeTech 5000 HD or Technisat digicorder Twin HD did anybody try them ???the last one looks out of this world

H|e did say the best! Clarketech seems amstrad level to me - ok for hacks -- im looking for Bentely style :D

mizo
18-12-2007, 10:32 AM
thanks for the extra info, I purchased one today:rolleyes: so any do/don't tips welcome
cheers
mizo:)

applematt
18-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Best HD PVR box at the moment is the Vantage 7100 for about £320

Just on phone buying one now for £300, good price?

nml
18-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Just got it today,set it up on usals and no channels with vertical polarization work! On any satellite.
The Inverto lnb works fine on dreambox 7020 and TM 9100.
Upgraded to 1.07 still the same problem,i think the original firmware on the box was 1.05 dated May 2007 can i download this anywhere ? in case it needs to go back.

Got it from M**lin and it apparently needs to be tested by an engineer before they will replace it.

Or am i missing something here that i should know.

Thanks nml

dave859
18-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Just got it today,set it up on usals and no channels with vertical polarization work! On any satellite.
nml

mine went back to them with this as one of the many problems, they sent it back to me 2 times before i said could i speak to the engineer who keeps passing this back to me . wrote a big letter detailing all the problems and now i have a refund . did you buy this from there new stock or B grade .

Zipper
18-12-2007, 08:14 PM
No longer availible!.

nml
18-12-2007, 08:15 PM
mine went back to them with this as one of the many problems, they sent it back to me 2 times before i said could i speak to the engineer who keeps passing this back to me . wrote a big letter detailing all the problems and now i have a refund . did you buy this from there new stock or B grade .

Thanks mate b grade it's probably the one you had.

nml

dave859
20-12-2007, 08:08 PM
******s b grade stock is not checked as well as it should be before reselling , a m8 of mine got a box as a b grade witch had someone elses irdeto cam in it.

kmc
20-12-2007, 09:41 PM
******s b grade stock is not checked as well as it should be before reselling , a m8 of mine got a box as a b grade witch had someone elses irdeto cam in it.

bonus,especially if the box works,as for a b grade i got one and must say must be one of the lucky ones so far,had a few probs at first,but with the latest firmware,seems to have sorted itself out
regards
kmc

nml
21-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Just done a voltage check on lnb output on the box both v & h reading 19v.

Box going back.

Thanks all nml

nml
21-12-2007, 03:57 PM
I took the box back to the the shop and they gave me credit against a new one everything now working fine.

nml

scallywag
05-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Just ordered one for £97. Do I need to upload the 1.07 firmware and a new channal list onto a pen drive then to the receiver??I have both a diablo and a trex which works best?Thanks

eagle1
18-01-2008, 06:24 PM
my mate bought a pace hd receiver D5810XE CANNOT LOAD IT GOES INTO MENU TO PUT CODES IN AND THE BOX FREEZES ANY HELP