Have a look here

www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/nile101.html

TonyO
28-06-2007, 02:30 PM
could be a fair bit bigger up north.

dostoy
28-06-2007, 02:50 PM
I have wondered this as well.

I am down south but I would still need a 2.4 metre dish to be safe so you could well need a 3 metre dish in the north east.

I would say forget it and wait and see what the situation is in August.

mary12
28-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks think 2.8 would do it just to big for the house thanks anyway ps any way to boost signal ? apart from bigger dish ?

Eugenie
28-06-2007, 04:54 PM
To make sure you get maximum use of your dishsize, make sure that;

1) The dish/parab*lic reflector and main arm and lnb holder are absolutely damagefree. For ex, a slightly deformed/warped dish will have a deteriorated focuspoint.

2) Make sure the dish (and motor if used) is absolutely spot.

3) Make sure to have a good lnb which works well with your type of dish. There often IS a differens, lnb to lnb, dish to dish.

4) Adjust the F/D ratio and lnb tilt for maximum pickup.

5) Use good cable...especially with long runs (try to make the cable runs as short as possible).

6) Peel the cable and attach the F-connector correctly (this can affect the signal...and general reliability).

7) Use a receiver with good tuner hardware/software! Many receiver have hardware/software with lousy reception capabilities.

Remember that there is a certain loss of signal when using diseqc switches/motors etc, check their figures and buy products with low loss.

If you get all these things right, then you will get maximum use of your dishsize. You´d be amazed by how many people overlook one or several of the points above!

If you´ve already got all the above pointers right...well then the only thing that will help is a bigger dish!

Let me just make a short point about signalboosters/amplifiers. These may serve you well on very long runs of cable but remember that they will not really do much good on medium long runs up to 50 metres, they might even give the noise more boosting then the actual signal. Remember that the whole input signal gets amplified, both the signal AND the noise.

Eugenie

mary12
28-06-2007, 07:38 PM
thanks m8 get good signal on most sats so if want nile need bigger dish thanks again