PDA

View Full Version : iboot query

zad
28-06-2007, 06:18 PM
my new 1gb mmc card has arrived and im going to install iboot to check out new images.

im going to load ur009 as the flash but can i also load emus, keys and plugings in there as well as my sat settings or should this only be done on the mmc boot's

so is it ok to install everything on flash that i need to make the box run and decrypt then install iboot?

echelon
28-06-2007, 06:30 PM
I would get your flash sorted first

once that is ok and backed up then start with iboot

zad
28-06-2007, 06:32 PM
but its ok to load everything into flash ie sats emus keys then load iboot?

echelon
28-06-2007, 06:35 PM
I had the flash of juliet006 working fine , before I started with iboot

I backed up the channel lists with dreamboxedit , and even used the backup script to backup the flash image of juliet006

once I had iboot running as best I could , I then used ur009beta as the flash , and iboot failed to work , but adding the extra_run file back restored iboot

so my advice is dont chop and change the flash unless absolutely necessary as it affects iboot

so flash first , iboot last is preferred

zad
28-06-2007, 06:38 PM
champs, thats all i needed to know mate!

will get ur009 in there as the flash since it seems to work ok with hard drives, install all the other stuff then iboot.

cheers for the info mate

Gone_Fishing
28-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Got mine today too any recommendations on the size of the swap file

TNT

echelon
28-06-2007, 06:58 PM
no idea what size to use so I used 64mb

goodolddad
28-06-2007, 07:10 PM
32mb should be ample, but if you have a large enough card then as big as you want.

Gone_Fishing
28-06-2007, 07:13 PM
no idea what size to use so I used 64mb

Yeah thats what I was thinking of using as the super only has 32 of ram more didn't see much point going much larger

TNT

xanadu
28-06-2007, 08:05 PM
I have not been able to get Original 009 working with iBoot in flash.

Anyone else tried it?

zad
28-06-2007, 09:27 PM
think im going to wait till another night to install iboot, i forgot how long it takes to load a new image and restore backups..... and play with it a bit! lol

xanadu
28-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeh, it's very time consuming, all this messing about.

It makes the hobby more interesting, and that's why I also have dreambox. :D

Gone_Fishing
28-06-2007, 09:32 PM
think im going to wait till another night to install iboot, i forgot how long it takes to load a new image and restore backups..... and play with it a bit! lol

Yes I decided the same going to give it a try tomorrow give Juliet 009 a bash, not tryed any juliet image as UR8 worked so well for me :)

TNT

zad
28-06-2007, 09:35 PM
i think juliet 009 has massive problems decrypting however ur009 has to be the best image i have tried yet!

its fast does not reboot all downloads i tried worked will do prem d+ tps records fine to the hdd and from what i read all the motor issues are all sorted as well.

it also has a nice new feature where you can preview a skin before loading it

Gone_Fishing
28-06-2007, 09:48 PM
I might have to upgrade just to check it out but I've been lucky so far no problems at all with UR8, records and plays back fine for me on all channels :)

TNT

goodolddad
29-06-2007, 07:46 AM
Stay with UR, it is the most stable at the moment and improvements are ongoing at a faster rate than Juliet.

Gone_Fishing
29-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Grrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

iboot up and running with Juliet009 on the card UR008 in the flash

Juliet009 fine on FTA but cant get mgcamd to work at all might try Juliet006 next

Whats the best way to remove a image from the card, using iboot to do it ?

Still its a nice way to test skins and plugins though if it wont boot you can just remove them from the working image :)

Still want to get it decoding though

Why do you have to install newcs with mgcand on juliet ?

TNT

catoro
29-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Have been having a lot of problems with iboot. Loaded new TM
0.0.9 firmware today. Tried most configurations with iboot but
think the problem is SD Card so ordered a 1mb Integral SD
today. iboot installs, including STB menu but images wont boot.
Would be interested to know what brands\ type of "mmc" that
work with TM9100.

Regards catoro.

PS: @ TNT. go into iboot install firmware box, highlight the one
you want to remove, right click & select delete firmware.

Kandesys
30-06-2007, 09:17 AM
@TNT, if you try running /var/bin/mgcamd from telnet it will probably tell you what problems it has starting.

Juliet 009 doesn't have libcrypt.so.0.9.7 in it's lib dir which MGCamd appears to need.

If you take this from another image and put it in /var/lib, or make a symlink from /var/lib/libcrypt.so.0.9.7 to libcrypt.so.1 in /lib it will probably work too (i haven't tried this tho)

Hope this helps

Andy

I'm currently running original009 in flash, with UR009 in mmc, might put juliet009 on mmc so i can try the symlink

zad
02-07-2007, 05:35 PM
ok started trying to install iboot and im having problems already.
following the guide on darkmans site (guessing this is the best one to use) im having problems with the telnet commands

doing umount /mmc
gives me an invalid arguement! so my question is what do i do next?
do i ignor it or is there something i need to do to fix this, im running ur009beta and using dcc for my telnet commands

Gone_Fishing
02-07-2007, 05:50 PM
If you go to menu > information > About you probably wont see your MMC listed so you cant unmount it

Put your MMC in then turn off your box at the back then on again then check About again and see if its listed then you could try umount /mmc again

TNT

zad
02-07-2007, 06:03 PM
why did i not think of that lol

cheers mate, all running now, just need to check for menus and such like and then install some images

Gone_Fishing
02-07-2007, 06:10 PM
If no menu's come up I wouldn't worry as long as iboot is installed, once you have a image on the menu's will appear

Don't forget the swap file ;)

Also if you use the telnet on iboot you can paste the commands in save you typing

TNT

zad
02-07-2007, 06:19 PM
all done mate, working 100%
made a 64meg swap dont know if you need it this big but since its a 1gb card

thanks once again

Gone_Fishing
02-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Good when it works :)

I really like the DS3.2v2 image stuck blue line skin on and picons pack and it looks pretty good

I like the info bar as it shows all the details correctly. plus loads of other extras

Only a couple off bugs for me

TNT