PDA

View Full Version : Juliet009 Beta ?

Gone_Fishing
03-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Just testing the skins I posted for DS on Juliet and noticed in the info bar it says "Cant decode" even though its decoding fine take it this is a bug anyone confirm ?

TNT

echelon
03-07-2007, 05:04 PM
I get similar problems with ur009 beta m8

the banner usually disappears after a few seconds

Gone_Fishing
03-07-2007, 05:22 PM
LOL

Not the "This service could not be descrambled" think they all have that one or at least mine do :D

I meant in the info bar it says cant decode instead of having the provider details think its a bug

Thats what I like about DS image its all working, be nice when we get one that combines the best from them all

Not that I mind quite enjoy messing around with different images

TNT

zad
03-07-2007, 07:02 PM
did not rate the juliet09 image at all, i thought the 06 version worked a lot better, infact i cant say i even found any improvements.

iboot working now tho so trying all this stuff is wonderful and easy!

Gone_Fishing
03-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Good luck with iboot for some reason I keep losing my settings on images on SD card

Then the image becomes corrupt :rolleyes:

TNT

rodge52
03-07-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm running Juliet 6 and using Mgcamd1.23 and I get exactly the same "Can't decode" message. I'm not complaining as it's decoding quite nicely thank you !!!
I hope to upgrade to Juliet 9 at the weekend when I've got a bit more time (Just incase things go pear shaped!!!!)

zad
03-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Good luck with iboot for some reason I keep losing my settings on images on SD card

Then the image becomes corrupt :rolleyes:

TNT

that did happen to me this morning with the new ds image, it installed and i scanned for sats and so on then i rebooted the box into flash as i wanted to record a movie using ur009 as i know this works ok,

when rebooting back to the ds image it just says something along the lines of starting mmc and it then does nothing else!

going to zap the image off my card as it does not work all that well but its nice to see the
ds images as well as juliet and ur!

with any luck these teams will have a good look at each others work and we should be getting some fantastic and reliable images soon.

but not to complain thats what iboot is for, testing new images! i think its always best to have the image your most happy with in the flash (ur009 in my case)

goodolddad
03-07-2007, 07:22 PM
UR009, good choice for flash, rock solid and recording and playback to hard drive without any problems.
Had two reboots when i first loaded it but none since then.

zad
03-07-2007, 07:29 PM
without having to creat a new thread for this silly question and i know its ot (sorry) but how do you delete recorded movies in ur009 without using tuxbox commander or ftp software? can you do it vie the file selection? been playing for ages and just cant get rid of them without ftp!

echelon
03-07-2007, 08:10 PM
select file and press menu button and goto delete and press again

I get recording problems with ur009 in flash

goodolddad
03-07-2007, 08:12 PM
What problems are you getting with your recordings?.

echelon
03-07-2007, 08:21 PM
failing after half an hour or more , and the box just locks up with the fan on continuously

goodolddad
03-07-2007, 08:30 PM
That does not sound to good, i have only got a 60gig drive in mine and it runs fine, in fact i am watching one of the movies i recorded on my pc via the web interface at this moment.

Gone_Fishing
03-07-2007, 08:38 PM
ok fed up with this bloody iboot !

Deleted an image fine today now it wont delete some of the files again, so cant delete image folder so it still appears in the menu

Going to format again anyone else had this problem, think I'll stick linux on my desktop and get a card reader see if I can delete them that way :rolleyes:

TNT

echelon
03-07-2007, 08:50 PM
I havent tried deleting anything as mine is using a 1 gig sd card and so has plenty of space on it

Gone_Fishing
03-07-2007, 09:04 PM
I havent tried deleting anything as mine is using a 1 gig sd card and so has plenty of space on it

Yeah mines a 1GB aswell so no problem putting lots of images on, trouble comes if one becomes corrupt and you
want it back on again don't really want lots of the same images in the menu soon forget which are working which aren't

Obviously the box is locking them down for some reason, deleted one fine earlier today

If you ever do have to format your card let iboot do it as part of the install because I've tried loads of times
formating myself and then installing iboot and its a no go, worked fine the first time I did it :confused:

TNT

eme
03-07-2007, 09:25 PM
try ticking dont show errors etc in expert setup menu, and all should be ok. :)

Gone_Fishing
03-07-2007, 09:32 PM
try ticking dont show errors etc in expert setup menu, and all should be ok. :)

Who's that reply for ?

TNT

catoro
03-07-2007, 10:31 PM
One question I have posted in another thread. Should iboot
be set to RGB or CVBS. Noticed my Dreambox is set to CVBS.

It would be good to get some dedicated software for multiboot.
Installed new image in DB today & was so easy.

Have come across a Member with DB that had problems on
removal of image, he had to reformat. Can remove & install
images without a problem just can't get iboot to work !!

Regards catoro.

Gone_Fishing
03-07-2007, 10:48 PM
If your TV supports RGB then have it on that as its a better quality format, CVBS is just composite through a scart

Multiboot is meant to be on the way

Do you mean you cant get iboot installed on the MMC or it just wont work ?

TNT

catoro
03-07-2007, 11:51 PM
If your TV supports RGB then have it on that as its a better quality format, CVBS is just composite through a scart

Multiboot is meant to be on the way

Do you mean you cant get iboot installed on the MMC or it just wont work ?

TNT

Thank's for clarification TNT. At present am running via scart into
video then using small test monitor that switches between 2 STBs.
Also have 2nd vid recorder coupled in. Have to swop modulator out
to 17" PC\TV that's on opposite side of room if larger picture is needed.
Don't watch upstairs. ( should Know by now about RGB !! )

I think the problem with iboot is SD Card. Have tried all the evilged
setups including STB reset, new copy of iboot, everything installs
but won't boot. I do get temp\ AWK 64 error then install finishes with
success !! All mmc files are installed including awk file.

Regards catoro.

eme
04-07-2007, 02:06 PM
its for you tnt and anyone else that needs it. since haveing dreambox from the start the same problem has always been there, cant decode channel. so u stop the info for it from the menu. thats all. hope that helps. :)

goodolddad
04-07-2007, 03:12 PM
I have not had problems adding or removing images on the sd card with iboot, just make sure you are booted into the flash image before adding or deleting.
You can check your card straight away via ftp.

Gone_Fishing
04-07-2007, 03:30 PM
its for you tnt and anyone else that needs it. since haveing dreambox from the start the same problem has always been there, cant decode channel. so u stop the info for it from the menu. thats all. hope that helps. :)

ok I know what your reffering to now :)

I have not had problems adding or removing images on the sd card with iboot, just make sure you are booted into the flash image before adding or deleting.
You can check your card straight away via ftp.

I'm always on the flash image when I do anything and on FTA with no emus running

Believe me I have tried everything deleting using ftp aswell straight off the memory card, still a no go

Even removed the extra_run from the flash image so card is not active

goodolddad do you have a HDD installed ?

TNT

goodolddad
04-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Yes to having a hard drive, are you right clicking on the image you want to delete?(i am certain you are but )

Gone_Fishing
04-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Yes to having a hard drive, are you right clicking on the image you want to delete?(i am certain you are but )

Yes !

Lets face it theres nothing complicated about how to use iboot nor using ftp, I even tried using telnet
to delete them which is probably what iboot does anyway

It deletes some files and leaves others, but just leaving one file stops you deleting the image folder

I'm sure when others start deleting images we will see others with the same problem

Another question what image do you have in your main flash

TNT

goodolddad
04-07-2007, 06:51 PM
UR009/60gig hard drive/juliet009 on sd and any others i fancy trying.
Did you format the card and add swap file vie iboot?, i first formated my card via the box but iboot seemed to have problems with it so i allowed the program to do it all.
Had no problems since, and deleting images do not leave any thing that i can find.

Gone_Fishing
04-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Yeah I wrote above I have to let iboot format now, iboot wont install
if I format from command line first worked the first time :rolleyes:

Not much point in discussing it anymore I will solve it or I wont, if
others don't come across it I'll eat my hat

TNT

zad
04-07-2007, 08:02 PM
tried deleting the ds image as it went all funky on me (kept saying it was trying to start mmc)
anyways deleted the image in iboot ok by simply right clicking and then delete.
folder seems to have gone as well, booted into flash then looked at mmc, all other folders are there but no sign of the ds folder and it does not appear in my boot menu.

dont know whats going wrong for you mate.
i have 20gb hdd installed running ur009 in flash and a 1gb kingston mmc

Gone_Fishing
04-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Next time I'll post the log thats if I even bother anymore, let other people test stuff and post let them have the hassle instead

TNT