PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox channels?

Dreamlife
04-07-2007, 02:34 PM
I have a dreambox 500s and what I want to be able to do is customise the channels list. I want to delete channels that I don't want, so how can I do this? Also why is it that my dreambox keeps adding channels automatically?

JuniorG
04-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Hi,

You need a program called Dreamboxedit. With that program you can customize your channel list. There are also plenty of channel lists you can download. Open them with dreamboxedit and send them to your box. Why your box keeps adding channels automaticly I don't know.

Regards JuniorG

Dreamlife
04-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks, i'm using dreambox edit now and it works great but I got a problem that kind of defeats what i'm doing. I upload the channel list to the box then when I change channels, the box adds them again. Does anyone know how to stop it doing this?

Eugenie
04-07-2007, 04:36 PM
This is a DVB function (same as replacing a channel name if it changes in the stream)...as soon as you are tuned to a transponder where you have deleted channels, these channels will be picked up again. I havenīt been using Dreamboxes for almost a year but as far as I remember, there is an option to turn this function off (?). I am sure that some of the Dreambox users will be able to tell you in more detail.

Eugenie

mp
04-07-2007, 05:22 PM
One problem if you do this when a channel changes frequency your dreambox will not pick up the change and you will receive "service not found" this often happens on sly channels

Dreamlife
04-07-2007, 05:34 PM
One problem if you do this when a channel changes frequency your dreambox will not pick up the change and you will receive "service not found" this often happens on sly channels

maybe i'l leave it on then.

dishdad
04-07-2007, 07:27 PM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=65886

and

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=57625

With Remote control:

'Menu/Setup/Expert Setup/(scroll down to the line that reads-) Disable autoservices update'.....tick this item.