PDA

View Full Version : Motor Stopped Working

notoman
07-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi all. I have a bit of a problem. Was watching 30W this morning and switched over to 13e. Somewhere in between the motor has stopped and refuses to move anymore. Im using a Dreambox 7000s with a moteck 1.2 diseqc motor.. I have tried to use the dreambox to move the motor manualy but still no joy. I have had both the drembox and the motor for about 3 years with no problem, but I did move house a couple of weeks ago and had the dish re installed by a local sat man. What I realy want to know is how do I tell if its the motor or the reciever thats gone? is there any way i can test for a voltage at the drembox?

thanks in advance.

echelon
07-07-2007, 10:17 AM
you can test for 13 volts and 18 volts on the f connector ( one is H and the other is V )

I would also suggest you turn the box off completely , wait a minute and then reboot it from cold , as it may just be a glitch

RABBY
07-07-2007, 10:26 AM
notoman

Kill the power for the dreambox @ Motor Dish [ Wait A Minute ] Reinstall Power to both [ Unplug ]

Restart ?? Probely A Image problem on your Dreambox:):)

Slap
07-07-2007, 01:43 PM
If no luck with the above can you get to your Dish and check your cable's to see if there is any water damage (UK).

notoman
09-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks guys.
I have now managed to test the dreambox and the 18v and 13v output seems to be working. Looks like I'm going to have to borrow some ladders and test at the motor to eliminate the cable. If I have to change the motor can anybody recomend a good installer in the oldham area, the last guy I used was ok but a bit on the expensive side.

Cheers.

sporting2006
14-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Most motors have manual move buttons located on the bottom of them. When you get up to check the cables test the motor first. I used to find that the image on my STB would go up the shoot sometimes and the motor stopped a simple step back to factory default settings (save your user data first) used to sort it. Just reload your user data settings after the factory reset and all should be hunky dory :)

notoman
14-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Sorry for the long Delay Guys.

I finaly got somebody to come out to have a look. It was the motor all along.
Replaced it with a new one and I'm back up and running just in time for the footy:)

Thanks for the Help.

bgsats
21-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Three years isn't too bad for a DiseqC motor - I've seen quite a few give up in less than a year. They either refuse to move (like yours) or the bearings wear out. Not so popular now, but a 36v motor and VBox is a better setup. Can you get at the dish and do it yourself? Not really complicated, you'll get all the advice you need here!