PDA

View Full Version : Pace DS810XE and Diablo Light cam

jackpot18uk
09-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Does anyone know if this Diablo light cam works with this receiver, as I'm thinking of buying one, and with the right firmware will a Euro 1080 card work with the Diablo. Thanks

mintywilliams
09-07-2007, 11:49 AM
dont waste your money as the receiver is rubbish

jackpot18uk
09-07-2007, 03:16 PM
All ready have this receiver and it works great for me on FTA HD channels. Picture and sound excellent. got no problems at all. Just wanted to know if Diablo works with it. I know Trex works ok, with firmware updates, but would prefer Diablo.

stumac
09-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Diablo works fine with Pace DS810, i have had both for a number of weeks now with no problems.

jackpot18uk
09-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the reply. Just ordered diablo from board sponsors with cas 3 programmer.

bigbill
13-07-2007, 01:40 AM
I just got this receiver and BBC HD trials look just brilliant with it.
But wonder is conax 4 cam any good and which other cams?

Regards

bigbill

jackpot18uk
13-07-2007, 02:39 AM
Diablo cam works great, Discovery HD and Prem HD working ok

bigbill
13-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Now to look up cam prices, what card is required and is there codes available/
Of course I will look for them. Just short circuiting the system to receive a quick answer.
Thanks again

bigbill :)

jackpot18uk
13-07-2007, 11:13 PM
For Prem HD & German Discovery, you don't need a card, just diablo cam, with the latest firmware and latest key file. Cheapest place I could find was from the boards sponsors. You'll need a Cas 3 interface to program the Diablo. Both together with postage from Goldwafers £111.

bigbill
14-07-2007, 05:23 PM
I may consider Diablo cam.

Regards

bigbill :)

peteoc
24-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Could someone who's got their Diablo working in the Pace let me know their settings.

Tonight for example with the latest keys and 205 it opens Premiere and Tequila(D+?) then it freezes and the blue banner shows. If I switch between channels say Tequila 1 to Tequila 2 it comes on again and freezes again after a few minutes.

I have my cam settings as told in the instructions and have loaded the keys, config and caids that were with the latest keys.

I have been having the same problem since I got the cam a bit over a week ago. I read about people with problems needing to format the cam, this I did today and loaded 205 and the 24ths keys.

Prior to today I read somewhere that you need to turn the encryptions off which I did.The same problem occurs wether they are on or off.
I also read somewhere else that you need to set caids to Astra 1. Same problem whatever it is set on.

As mentioned if someone who's got it working could post their settings I will give them a try.

Thanks.

jackpot18uk
25-08-2007, 12:59 AM
I'm running 2.04 on my pace and diablo. The only thing I changed when I loaded new version were, 1. Turn emulators on. 2. Change emulator priority from card-emu to emu-card. 3. change smartcard message to show never. and made sure Fix CW is set to off. Works ok for me. Locks up now and again but most of the time ok. Make sure you have the latest firmware for the Pace, Downloadable from Hotbird 13e. Couldn't get 2.05 to work properly on the Pace so went back to 2.04, still auto updates on D+ and tps.

peteoc
25-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Jackpot thanks for the reply.

My settings are the same as yours and I downloaded the latest Hotbird software just over a week ago.

The only difference is you using 2.04 and me using 2.05.

I will give 2.04 a go and see if it works for me.

peteoc
26-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Put 2.04 on yesterday with latest keys.

Tequilla seemed better, still froze but not as much as before.

Premier as before,came up with the CI banner and froze a minute later, nothing from TPS.

Will give it another go with 2.04 and latest keys. If it's still bad I will try 2.06.

Could someone advice as to wether it's best to put the cam in when the stb is in standby or when it's on the channel you want to clear.

bertieton
13-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Did you get it to work peteoc.I have just got a Pace, and tried a Dragon cam.It works ok on D+ and Prem but comes up with the blue " wrong cam " banner ,if I go to one of the Prem HD channels.
I also have a Humax 5400 (which auto updates on D+,Tps,Prem,Digitv,Cabo,Polsat and Ab-sat) so I only need the Pace for HD reception .I don,t realy want to go out and spend more money on a cam and programmer if I can,t get the Prem HD channels with it.Are many people using this reciever and cam with success ?
By the way the Pace would not recognise the Dragon cam.I had to update the keys in the cam with my Hummy first.
I must say the Pace is giving good results on BBC-HD and it also improves the picture from the other free channels on Astra2 compared to my Hummy and a Technomate1500.So its not a bad free to air receiver with HD for 99 pounds.
It looks like this could be a great reciever if it supported cams.On other forums it says that Pace bowed to pressure from Murdock not to include support for certain cams.What would Murdock do if he owned Pace.Probably get some one to release a hack on the internet,and sit back and rake in all the profits.
So come on Pace you know it makes sense:D:D

peteoc
13-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Bertieton

Still having problems. Clears for a few minutes then freezes. I flick to another channel on the same package and get the same. I have not got a HD TV yet, I was hoping to get more channels the the Beeb. Obviously got a couple of FTA but not the film ones.

I was living a bit of a dream that it might be because I was using scart instead of an HDMI lead. But you are using HDMI and have the same problem.

I have tried the Diablo in my Technomate 8000 and it has the same problem.
Slight differance in that the picture lasts a few minutes longer before freezing.

I will keep on trying till I get it going.

bertieton
14-09-2007, 01:13 PM
peteoc
I have now got a Diablo cam, and initialy had the same problem as you.I had to go into the menu and do a factory reset and rescan the satellites.Now the cam works but still comes up with the banner occassionaly.
However I am having lots of other problems.For example however I scan Astra1 ,even by entering the frequency of the transponder,I cannot tune in the Prem Direct or Prem Sport channels.Also every time you go to a channel you need to reset the audio to English ,it does not memorise your settings.
This would not be such a great problem,but it seems every time you make an adjustment you get the dreaded blue banner.The cam appears to work perfectly on channels that are only broadcast in one lanquage.
It seems that this receiver is OK if you only want free to air broadcast on Astra2, but is nothing but a pain for anything else.
I wish I had taken mintywilliams advice at the start of this thread.
Bertieton:mad:

peteoc
14-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Bertieton

Just in case you were not aware, when you go to the Sport Portal you press the option button, this lets you view the various screens. From there you pick your match. The same applies to the Direct Film Portal.

The reason I got the cam was to watch football, I have had an art card for the past 3 seasons and been spoilt for choice.

This season, I think I'm gonna struggle.

bertieton
18-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Well I have had the Pace for just over a weekand I can now say I am glad I did not take mintywilliams advice.
I have the latest Stealth file in the Diablo cam and it is auto updating on D+, Prem and TPS (I have to pull the cam out and push it back in on TPS to get it to update).
I still have problems with Prem as the reciever reads the HD channels as being nagra,and not betacrypt nagra and therefore puts up the blue "wrong cam" banner.
Also on the standard def Prem channels the banner sometimes appears (I had to change channels and change back again three times in order to watch Newcastle v Derby).
However the picture from the Pace is fantastic.On their site they say the reciever improves the picture of the standard definition channels on a HD ready TV,and they are not lying.The picture on normal channels is much better than from my Hummy or Technomate.
The colours are good ,there are very rarely any noticeable digital artifacts,and there is no ringing (white or black lines around edges).
Even with the cam problems I am using the Pace all the time due to its far superior picture.Do the other HD recievers do this good a job with the standard def channels ?

dave859
18-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Well I have had the Pace for just over a weekand I can now say I am glad I did not take mintywilliams advice.
I have the latest Stealth file in the Diablo cam and it is auto updating on D+, Prem and TPS (I have to pull the cam out and push it back in on TPS to get it to update).
I still have problems with Prem as the reciever reads the HD channels as being nagra,and not betacrypt nagra and therefore puts up the blue "wrong cam" banner.
Also on the standard def Prem channels the banner sometimes appears (I had to change channels and change back again three times in order to watch Newcastle v Derby).
However the picture from the Pace is fantastic.On their site they say the reciever improves the picture of the standard definition channels on a HD ready TV,and they are not lying.The picture on normal channels is much better than from my Hummy or Technomate.
The colours are good ,there are very rarely any noticeable digital artifacts,and there is no ringing (white or black lines around edges).
Even with the cam problems I am using the Pace all the time due to its far superior picture.Do the other HD recievers do this good a job with the standard def channels ?

nice to see you like it m8 , with them going for 69.99 they are a good cheap way into HDTV

Sat-Pro
19-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Does a sky nds card also work in the cam in the pace for FTV channels like ch4 and ch5