PDA

View Full Version : digital alb signal strenth

duffy
10-07-2007, 05:36 PM
I understood Digital alb was a weak signal, easily lost especially for night matches, is that still so. I am looking to buy the prem matches for next year will this package (digi alb) do me or am I better off with Premiere (450 quid) or Nova (650 quid). Obviously I want the cheapest package, but i need it to be reliable.

grin2
10-07-2007, 06:05 PM
premiere hands down. digitalb so unreliable. games advertised then not shown. games cut off before the end if a lot of injury time is added. poor quality picture. i know we will get them shouting it is good value for money but it has gone from under a ton in the early days to £250. we were also told to buy before august last year to get premier league games. now we are told it was only for last season even tho the card runs for 12 or 14 months.

duffy
10-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Right, thanks for quick response. A straight choice between Nova and Premiere, card sellers say you need cams for both of these. I have matrix and dragon cams but I am told these are no good. Can anybody recommend either of these packages from experience i.e. recent use.

singh
09-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Hi all,

Hope you are all well. I was hoping someone could possibly provide me with some help. I have a 1.1m dish and am getting a great signal for astra and hotbird hopwever when i got to eutelw2 sat it just not picking up any signal at all just dnt know what the problem is...

Can somebody please possibly shed some light on this as i am totally lost

Thanks in advance to all

Singh

teassoc
14-08-2007, 11:33 PM
Hi all,

Hope you are all well. I was hoping someone could possibly provide me with some help. I have a 1.1m dish and am getting a great signal for astra and hotbird hopwever when i got to eutelw2 sat it just not picking up any signal at all just dnt know what the problem is...

Can somebody please possibly shed some light on this as i am totally lost

Thanks in advance to all

Singh

You need to do some background reading on this using the search facility as lots of us had problems originally with this. Problem could be to do with your box and its ability to handle the signals transmitted by digitalb. :)

bgsats
18-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Singh, it would be better for you to start a new thread, also giving details of your location, then you'll get plenty of help. Just a suggestion, if you're relying on the signal strength menu in your receiver to find the sat, make sure the frequency you're checking is still in use!
As for the original question, all the criticisms of Digitalb are valid, yet the bulk of subscribers seem to be very pleased with them. These problems aren't occurring on a daily basis. I don't remember being able to buy the full package for less than £100 retail - but maybe it was - the sports package, which is what most people seem to want, is now £159 - £179. I suppose you get what you pay for to some extent!