PDA

View Full Version : finding the arc

mdaniels47
13-07-2007, 03:46 PM
hi m8s
i have a diseqc setup,i can move it to pick up astra 1, hotbird,and eutelsat w2 but i cant seem to get any thing else.can somebody help please,
thanks in advance
mike

simon 2003
13-07-2007, 04:00 PM
highest piont of your arc should be 1west m8 (near enough),presuming your in UK and DIY,reset mount and move whole unit to 1west ,tighten mount and all should drop in e&w,thats a bit basic advice i know but if you search there should be loads on this

mdaniels47
13-07-2007, 04:12 PM
thanks i know all that,but just cant fid thor,but how am i able to get some and not all
mike

Prontopro
13-07-2007, 04:16 PM
thanks i know all that,but just cant fid thor,but how am i able to get some and not all
mike

It's due to the arc of your setup crossing the true arc you need to be on. Either side of this point your arc diverges from the correct one and you will not find a signal. Your dish size, LNB and Receiver sensitivity will determine how much of a signal you pick up when you begin to move off the correct arc.

tr8.
13-07-2007, 04:23 PM
afraid you need to go to thor and start again,
centre the dish on mount move mount to face dish due south
then adjust the inclination

tr8

simon 2003
13-07-2007, 04:23 PM
maybe check default tp you are using for thor as not all tp's are strong in UK

ManikM
13-07-2007, 05:41 PM
yeah i had that when i moved my dish to my new house.

it saw certains sats both east and west but weak signals or none on other sats.

had to call in a pro in the end.

Slap
13-07-2007, 09:52 PM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=58680

uniuk2000
01-08-2007, 09:50 PM
hi m8s
i have a diseqc setup,i can move it to pick up astra 1, hotbird,and eutelsat w2 but i cant seem to get any thing else.can somebody help please,
thanks in advance
mike
If your still having problems and you're sure that your mounting pole is perfectly vertical in all planes then search google for 'usals'. Close to the top of the list is 'manuale usals'. Have a read, it's very helpful.

Detlef
02-08-2007, 12:12 AM
highest piont of your arc should be 1west m8 (near enough),presuming your in UK . . . . .
. . . . . otherwise it is the nearest Sat to your Longitude which in my case is EuroSat at 7E.

Tarzan
02-08-2007, 11:03 AM
If your still having problems and you're sure that your mounting pole is perfectly vertical in all planes then search google for 'usals'. Close to the top of the list is 'manuale usals'. Have a read, it's very helpful.

First make sure that the motor is set at 0 degrees (setting) before installing the dish.

This is a common problem most people make when they try to setup a motorised dish. If the motor is at some other setting other than 0 then you will never be able to scan the arc correctly.

Vertical pole + Motor setting at zero + Correct elevation + Thor (nearest sat to your location) = correct arc

mdaniels47
02-08-2007, 03:26 PM
hi there
thanks for all your help.i think i have finally mastered it
many thanks again
mike