PDA

View Full Version : 9100 and juliet6 install? Help please.

glyndwr
16-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Hi all,

Just got one of these, put on the serial image 5 no probs, connected to tv, went thro setup to get sat and channels no probs, watching fta ok. Went to upload to the latest juliet 6 update image for emu`s etc.. using tech control centre6 and serial cable, and get error message on the box and in tcc6 something like header error, and wont let me update.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

glyndwr
17-07-2007, 09:16 AM
OK, an update,

After about 5 times of trying to manually update via ftp, managed to get juliet 6 on and working, after doing a factory reset.

Now I have a different problem.

I cannot get any emu`s onto the box. I have tried manual install with ftp and chmod, and have tried the auto update via internet.

I have got a wireless router and connect to the box with ftp either dreambox control centre or tech control centre. I can ftp ok, proving the connection to the router and pc, but cant get the box to auto update.

I have downloaded the latest url and checked its loaded ok, when to box looks to the internet get an error message file not found.

I have also read the pdf file on how to install mgcamd manually but still cannot get it to load manually.

Can anyone please help.

I have got a dreambox 5620 and relook 400s and can manually upload to these with no probs, so i have done this before, just getting problems with this receiver.

Many thnaks for your help in this matter.

Best regards, glyndwr.

Hi all,

Just got one of these, put on the serial image 5 no probs, connected to tv, went thro setup to get sat and channels no probs, watching fta ok. Went to upload to the latest juliet 6 update image for emu`s etc.. using tech control centre6 and serial cable, and get error message on the box and in tcc6 something like header error, and wont let me update.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

echelon
17-07-2007, 10:16 AM
sounds to me as if the image hasnt gone in properly

I would strongly advise you to discard the serial cable method and use ethernet , especially as you have several boxes of similar types , and you have a router too

also make sure you set the box to a single ip and remove dhcp by unticking it

make sure all the comms are correct in that setup too , including the router url

clogs
17-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Hi

for some reason you have to install mgcamd_1.22_newcs.tar (dont think its on this site tho) as in the sticky "installation guide" first then you can update to mgcamd 1.24. ftp the unzipped file into the temp folder then follow the instructions in the sticky (blue button - press red then 1 etc). You can probably unzip mgcamd_1.22_newcs.tar also and install that way but not sure. Then install the keys as in the sticky. Dont forget to reboot after each stage.

You also might be better off using UR009beta if you have a router.

hope that helps

glyndwr
17-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Hi cloggs,

OK, I have used dreambox control centre and ftp to install mgcamd 1.22 tar.gz(unzipped) into temp folder on technomate.

Whilst on fta channel, On remote control, pressed blue button, then 1, select install addons, select manual, then select manual again, and mgcamd 1.22.tar.gz appears in the list, selected, pressed green, addon being installed.

Now, rebooted receiver, message starting rrrmmi*8mme, I am assuming this is the cam, but not teh correct name.

Where can i change the script for this name to get it to read mgcamd 1.22, and indeed, have i done this right.

Also, any ideas where i can get the latest url for auto update via internet, the one i have is chatomeka.

Many thanks for your help.

Echelon mate, i shall not upate via serial as you suggested mate, the ftp wokrd ok in the end after many attempts. Thabks for your input mate.

Thanks for your help.

Hi

for some reason you have to install mgcamd_1.22_newcs.tar (dont think its on this site tho) as in the sticky "installation guide" first then you can update to mgcamd 1.24. ftp the unzipped file into the temp folder then follow the instructions in the sticky (blue button - press red then 1 etc). You can probably unzip mgcamd_1.22_newcs.tar also and install that way but not sure. Then install the keys as in the sticky. Dont forget to reboot after each stage.

You also might be better off using UR009beta if you have a router.

hope that helps

Gone_Fishing
17-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Now, rebooted receiver, message starting rrrmmi*8mme, I am assuming this is the cam, but not teh correct name

That doesn't sound right was that mgcamd122 for juliet because they are different for each image

You don't have to install 122 first either as long as you make sure list_emu in var > juliet points to what ever emu you install

Should have said you where using chatomeka could have saved you some time

I would delete whatever you have installed and use the url below to install 124

copy to VAR > JULIET

glyndwr
18-07-2007, 09:14 AM
TNT mate, thank you verfy much for the help. Worked straight away. Wish i had that yesterday, must have tried loads of different emu`s, nothing went in. After yopu gave me the help, I decided to reinstall juliet and start again with the new url, now all is great.

Thank you very much for your help mate.:D

Just a little question, where can the url be got from if this one stops?

Cheers.:D

That doesn't sound right was that mgcamd122 for juliet because they are different for each image

You don't have to install 122 first either as long as you make sure list_emu in var > juliet points to what ever emu you install

Should have said you where using chatomeka could have saved you some time

I would delete whatever you have installed and use the url below to install 124

copy to VAR > JULIET

peggle
18-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Just a little question, where can the url be got from if this one stops?

Cheers.:D

As i wrote in the Installation Guide :-

"All files are from the a**** forum (The shop you probably got the 9100 from). Most are also available on Satpimps."

The url is a sticky in the Technomate TM-9100 Linux Discussion forum over there.

echelon
18-07-2007, 01:29 PM
goodolddad usually posts the url,s

Gone_Fishing
18-07-2007, 01:47 PM
goodolddad usually posts the url,s

I've got a feeling thats probably one he posted ages ago that started working again not sure though had a number on my
PC some I got from another forum in their igate section

Its a good idea to download a tar.gz for each image and unpack it on your pc and see where everything goes then you
don't have to worry you can always do a manual install

TNT