PDA

View Full Version : Freestanding Network hdd

nml
20-07-2007, 07:18 AM
I am going to try to use the above as a server for 5 boxes 2x dreambox 2x 9100 and Relook 400s with enigma firmware.
I will report back but has anyone done this or has any advice?

Thanks nml

zad
20-07-2007, 07:42 AM
i have tried this with a 9100 and a nas drive!

it did not work with much success, the playback was jumpy and stuttered!
this may have been down to the early images tho, since this problem happened with the internal drive as well!

nml
22-07-2007, 06:59 AM
i have tried this with a 9100 and a nas drive!

it did not work with much success, the playback was jumpy and stuttered!
this may have been down to the early images tho, since this problem happened with the internal drive as well!

Thanks zad can you please tell me what settings you used on the 9100 cifs or nfs and directory and local mount etc.
Done it before from dreambox to pc but having problems with freestanding drive ,on the network this drive appears as "storage" with a directory on it called "public".
In mount manager in the directory box i have public what do i put in the local directory box? or do i have to disable the hdd in the box and use /hdd?
Thanks nml

baz
22-07-2007, 09:01 AM
i am using dreambox 7020 and windows xp pro
i have been trying also with no success. i can set up cifs on main pc and it works great

i have added the storage to the network ok with an ip address of 192.168.1.4 which i have given the same permisions as i did to the mount i created on main pc 192.168.1.2

i can ftp from anywhere on my network to the storage, it comes up in my network places on windows xp pro, but i will not mount from dreambox in expert settings, i have created a folder called dreambox with another within called movie. i have also changed the name on main pc to dreambox2 but storage still will not mount,

maybe the experts who do the images need to add some drivers in the image

what images have you tried it with btw, i have tried gemini and nabilosat, all versions

it will be interesting to see if it can be done

nml
22-07-2007, 04:57 PM
baz none yet on dreambox been trying on technomate.
Did you try disabling hdd and try /hdd inthe mount setup?

I will give it a go with pli on dreambox let you know.

nml

nml
23-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Still no joy, zad could you please let us know what settings you used?

nml

zad
23-07-2007, 08:10 PM
to be honest i cant remember and since the kids are watching tv at the moment i cant have a go ether!

however i can tell you that the ngrab client software was running on my main pc with static ips given on my home network!
i think i was running juliet 06 at the time.

i will see if im alowed to use the television tomorrow when i get in from work and will post up if i can get it to work

mini__me
23-07-2007, 08:45 PM
I tried out a NAS box with my DM500's but the one I bought just didn't have the throughput so was stuttering all over the place.

Eventually went and got an old Compaq and loaded XP and setup a share...worked a treat. You can pick up an old P4 compaq box at a computer fair for about £15 that would do the job and be alot cheaper than a NAS box!!

I used to use it for all my downloading as well, setup remote access through SSL and had full control over everything, mwahahahaha

Sadly those days are over...I don't even have a motorised dish anymore :-(

nml
25-07-2007, 07:48 AM
Thanks both, mini_me i know it was stuttering but what settings did you use?

nml

mini__me
25-07-2007, 06:35 PM
I think the box I bought enabled me to use CIFS on the DB to connect, I tried changing the buffer settings from the smallest to the largest but it would always stutter on the high bitrate channels. Low res / low bitrate channels were fine, anything like BBC with a decent picture there just wasn't the throughput needed.

zad
25-07-2007, 07:12 PM
grrrr, well i have been trying again now under ur008b2 and im damed if i can even get it to mount now!

will give it a shot later on and will report back if i manage to do anything

nml
27-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Can't even mount it on the pc now. i will have to do a search and try to find a basic guide.

nml

Gone_Fishing
27-07-2007, 11:59 PM
I tried to mount my PC HDD on my box but didn't have any success

TNT

nml
28-07-2007, 10:12 PM
I will have a go tomorrow.

nml

nml
30-07-2007, 04:32 PM
So far on dreambox 500 pli it says it's mounted but nothing showing in directory will keep you posted.

nml
P.s does anyone know about settings for SMB mount ?