PDA

View Full Version : dish/motor problems

karlpowell
25-07-2007, 08:47 PM
I bought a motek motor from that well known auction site , and im using a dm7020 to control it , now i can move the dish to each satellite get a good signal on the channels but when i store the satellite position the dish will never move back to that stored position , now first i thought the problem was that i had set the box up at my house then taken it to my mates to finish , but it would never move the dish to the positions , so i started from fresh and re added all the positions but same again the motor would never move back to the positions stored

any ideas guys

karl

gov400
25-07-2007, 08:52 PM
have u unchecked Use motor input power and use goto XX?

echelon
25-07-2007, 09:40 PM
I hear you have to reboot after every stored position for it to be remembered ?

karlpowell
25-07-2007, 10:07 PM
thanks for both your replies .... yes i have unticked use motor input power and no the goto xx is not ticked ... when i find the sat and click store ...it asks me for the number and then is fine ...i then find a new sat and add that to a different number in the Sat stored positions and like i say in the above post the motor will freely move to the sats in the motor set up menu but when i then change channels the motor does not move back to my stored positions

mingy
26-07-2007, 07:50 PM
I may be talking out of turn here but i have the motor input power at 60ma. It wont move without it ticked.

digger556
27-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Morning Karl..... hows the family m8y :) .... good i hope.

Ive had this, plz try using the command "disable all limits"

I dunno why it worked, but it did after this ???????????

karlpowell
27-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks for your reply digger matey ...family all good driving me crazy as usual , I will give that a bash tonight and let you know how i get on

thanks again

Karl