PDA

View Full Version : TV Cabo - Apocalypto

Prontopro
27-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Just watched this on TV Cabo. Spoken in Mayan with Portugese subtitles. Didn't understand a word!!!.

But what a film. Visually stunning.

forest1
27-07-2007, 09:48 PM
para mim nao faz mal,muito bom film
eu fala pouquinho portuguses,mas entender algum.
queria para aprender mais:)

Prontopro
27-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Showoff!

forest1
27-07-2007, 10:59 PM
i know,i have a few m8,s from portugal and i learn from them + i,ve played a lot of golf out there,i know enough to get by.;)

bonovox
27-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Obrigado...I have seen that enough to know its thankyou but thats about all. Apocalypto has been on Digit Alb recently in English.:D

BE-COOL
28-07-2007, 01:42 AM
That's a great movie :)

Why is soo difficult for english people to understand and learn other language?

In that point is good to be portuguese since we understand every language(even chinese lolol), and prefer original audio, with subtitles for the elders.

Is nice to learn other languages, tell us a lot about others cultures.

Be cool.

bonovox
28-07-2007, 02:51 AM
Why is soo difficult for english people to understand and learn other language?

Is nice to learn other languages, tell us a lot about others cultures.

English people don't learn other languages mainly cos EVERYONE should speak the worlds language, that being English.

Anyway your grammar is soooooo bad, man. It should be "It is nice......" and "Why is it......". Come on get it right!:D

Aldo
28-07-2007, 02:59 AM
Hi M8

It is no more difficult for a English person to learn another Language, than it was for you to learn to speak English, the thing is that English is the secondary Language in most of European countries (Schools) so many English people tend not to bother to learn another language, and for some reason a lot of English schools taught French as the secondary language

stamfordblue
28-07-2007, 08:33 AM
English is a very hard language to learn.
Even people born here struggle to write and speak it correctly :D

Prontopro
28-07-2007, 08:38 AM
This thread is going slightly off topic but never mind.

English is a very hard language to learn.
Even people born here struggle to write and speak it correctly :D

I've been embarrassed on more than one occasion by foreign colleagues who speak to me using valid English words that I didn't know the meaning of. I've found that people who learn to speak a foreign language really well often know more about it than the native speaker.

And that reminds me of a joke a frenchman once told me:

What do you call someone that speaks three languages? - trilingual

What do you call someone that speaks two languages? - bilingual

What do you call someone that speaks one language? - English.

HE thought it was very funny.

BE-COOL
28-07-2007, 01:03 PM
English people don't learn other languages mainly cos EVERYONE should speak the worlds language, that being English.

Anyway your grammar is soooooo bad, man. It should be "It is nice......" and "Why is it......". Come on get it right!:D

I bet my english is better than your portuguese, spanish, french, italian...

;)

Portuguese tend to speak others languages(sometimes very badly) with foreigners for courtesy, English don't even bother.

Man does not live by bread alone

I don't need to read big classics, or to know astronomy for example, but knowledge doesn't hurt...

Don't get me wrong, I love to read English writers, especialy for my sociology course, I read Anthony Giddens a lot, but you shouldn't do the same misstake the americans do, don't think your island is the entire world.

By the way, The Wind That Shakes the Barley("El viento que agita la cebada") is showing in Taquillas, it's a great movie.

Be Cool and be happy.