PDA

View Full Version : 1dB

blobchamp
04-08-2007, 04:43 PM
thinking of buying a BEST GERMANY UNIVERSAL MONOBLOCK lnb o,1dB
anyone have any info on these please.

PLANTPOT
04-08-2007, 07:11 PM
At around 15 quid they are pretty much the same price as any other monobloc,the difference in noise levels between a 0.2 and a 0.1 would be negligible,but if I was looking for a monobloc I would go for it anyway.-PP

blobchamp
13-08-2007, 04:09 PM
put up my monoblock and have a great picture on hotbird but hardly any signal on astra. followed everything i've read on site i.e. diseq settings,hotbird lnb clamped and astra slightly higher. switched hotbird diseq off to check its the main lnb but still nothing on astra. i thought if i had hotbird with the monoblock it would be easy to pick up astra but i'm lost, any ideas please

FBOY
13-08-2007, 06:22 PM
You say "hardly any signal on Astra". So there is some signal?

Are you sure:
you have a 6 deg. monoblock,
the dish is aligned on Hotbird,
Astra diseqc is set to B ?

blobchamp
13-08-2007, 10:07 PM
astra diseq set to b, is new to me . I only set the diseq to 1 of 4 and 2 of 4 on the settings.

FBOY
13-08-2007, 10:25 PM
OK your receiver instead of ABCD has 1234. Same thing really.
The point is you want Hotbird on 1 and Astra on 2.

blobchamp
14-08-2007, 04:07 PM
can move my dish and get great picture on hotbird or move it to astra for a great picture but can't get the two using a monoblock I'm guessing my 60cm dish is to small anyone using a 60cm and getting the two.

wxs
15-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Hi M8s
I am having similar problem getting one sat and not the other with a monoblock on reading what other monoblock do they make as I am thinking mine is not a astra/hotbird one.

had a MTI Monoblock before but went faulty (not sure now) in the rain had it up for years with no problem at all getting astra/hotbird

cheers

Ron

dishdad
15-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Do not have a monoblock but believe that they are configured generally for 80cm dishes....ie any disher larger or smaller would need an adjustment (longer or shorter) to the arm carrying the LNB.

wxs
16-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Do not have a monoblock but believe that they are configured generally for 80cm dishes....ie any disher larger or smaller would need an adjustment (longer or shorter) to the arm carrying the LNB.

Hi
Yes i do have the 80 cm had it for many years now going a bit rusty but worked fine with the MTI monoblock I might try the old one again it may have dried out or even put my manhatten back to see if the desq is working

Cheers
Ron

bgsats
21-08-2007, 01:08 PM
As stated, really for an 80cm, and even then it's a bit of a compromise, whether it suits a particular make of dish is somewhat hit and miss, but the result is usually acceptable With a larger or smaller dish, they're no longer spaced correctly, and not much you can do! Of course you've more hope if the dish is too big! You might get away with a bit of misalignment.