PDA

View Full Version : HDCI 2000 - nothing through scart.

bgsats
04-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Loaded the most recent software I could find and a settings file into a friend's receiver, it boots up and shows channel names on the front panel. but nothing through the scart once it has booted up (shows loader version or similar on the TV screen while booting). Is there a scart switching option in the menu, and is this option loaded (i.e. on or off) with the settings file? If so where can I find and alter it?

denis1501
04-08-2007, 06:55 PM
I take it you can see the menu to alter it...maybe through HDMI?
Go 'menu', then ' picture', 'AV control' change to on, Scart Signal change to RGB.
regards
D.

tinto de verano
04-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Hi bgsats,
1) Exactly which is "the most recent software I could find" and exactly which "settings file"?
2)Are you sure you're using the TV scart (the top one) and not the VCR one (bottom)?
3) As suggested by denis1501, try HDMI or component...

Here's some info from the manual:
8.4 A/V Control
You can set the output of the audio or video.
1. Press the MENU button.
2. Select Setting using the button and press the OK
button.
3. Select AV Control using the button and press the OK button

1. TV-SCART
1. Select TV-SCART using the
2. Select one option among CVBS,
or button.
2. VCR-SCART
1. Select VCR-SCART using the button.
2. Select one option from CVBS and S-Video using the OK or button.

bgsats
04-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the advice! I've no HD receiver of my own here, so no HDMI cable. The problem was indeed in the settings file, AV Control was set to "OFF". All that was needed was to change it to "ON", save the setting, and reload the channel list. I was quite surprised to find that settings files for this receiver are a bit thin on the ground, I found one dating back to March on another forum, it was a file for 4 sats using DiseqC, which I disabled on 19E as the owner just has a fixed dish on Asra 1. The software probably isn't the latest, but was the latest on the Humax official site. Thanks once again!