PDA

View Full Version : advice required

dave
06-08-2007, 06:06 PM
I have just acquired a HUMAX IRCI-5400 RECEIVER . I have the dish set up and have attached a Lemon monoblock lnb but am having trouble getting it to receive hotbird and astra, it appears that astra is being received by doth lnb'. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE ARE SOME SETTINGS WHICH SHOULD BE CHANGED WITHIN MY HUMAX RECEIVER, IE WHAT SHOULD BE ENABLED AND WHAT SHOULD BE DISABLED.AT PRESENT 12V SWITCH IS DISABLED AS IS MOTORISED SYSTEM. 22KHz Tone is also disabled and DiSEqC IS ENABLED.
any advice for a newbie to thiould be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Dave

zad
06-08-2007, 06:32 PM
first of all welcome to the forum, and please dont use caps!

its been a while since i had a 5400 so this may be slightly wrong but good enough for you to get the idea!

you want the lnb set up as switched aa - ab (it may say universal but i really cant remember)
set up the primary as hotbird and the secondary as astra.
you dont need the 12v enabled
it may be a good idea to check using a standard lnb first to get the primary focus of your dish on 13 before using a monoblock as these are a pain to set up correctly! (an old sky one will do if it will mount on your dish)

jaydee
06-08-2007, 06:40 PM
THis is how mine is set up and works fine, Antenna Alernative 1 Satellite Name ASTRA1 LNB Fequency Universal 22KHz Tone Disabled 0/12v Switch Enabled Diseqc Input Diseqc B Motorised System Disabled. FOR Hotbird = Antenna Alternative2 Sat Name Hotbird Diseqc Input Diseqc A. Hope this helps .

dave
06-08-2007, 06:49 PM
thank you guys I will try these sugestions out and get back to you with the results.
ps sorry about the caps.
regards,
dave.