PDA

View Full Version : lnb type

alison433
08-08-2007, 12:34 PM
i purchased a lemon twin monoblock lnb for astra and hotbird.fitted it.had astra perfect but cannot get hotbird.what i am getting is a signal from 7east and when i scan that sat.i am picking up sly stations ie. true movies etc.is this lnb the right type i need,thank you

echelon
08-08-2007, 12:44 PM
looks like you have fitted incorrectly , so you are getting either 7e and 13e instead of 13e and 19e , or more likely you are getting 19e and 28e according to your channels that you are picking up

there are guides with pictures in this forum to help you , but the lnb getting sky may need to be moved to 19e leaving the other lnb on 13e

you can cover up the one not in use until you get focussed correctly , then try the other feed

when I line these up I set the prime lnb on 13e and the offset lnb picks up 19e , and is higher up

instructions and pictures are here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60102

alison433
09-08-2007, 09:17 AM
echelon thanks for your reply.and forgive me for taken so long to reply back to you .right i have had a look around at different threads about this including the set up pictures. however i thought i had this set up right ie when looking from behind the dish .i have clampedthe lnb on the left of the monoblock for astra and the one loose on the right for hotbird.looking at the pictures it looks to be the right way or am i still wrong.thank you for your patience

echelon
09-08-2007, 09:29 AM
from behind the dish it will be hotbird on the left and astra on the right and higher up

from the front of the dish ( the lnb end ) its hotbird on the right and astra on the left and higher up

this is with the dish prime focussed onto hotbird

alison433
09-08-2007, 09:44 AM
ok thanks once again for your help echelon .nice day here in south wales perfect for going up and down the ladder lol cheers mate

echelon
09-08-2007, 09:49 AM
BTW If you prime focus the dish onto astra at 19e it will be different

alison433
10-08-2007, 12:33 AM
echelon i would like to thank you for your guidance once more.i can now say that the job is done.the two sats are beaming in perfectly.