PDA

View Full Version : Navcore v7.000 for Tomtom

Russell1
12-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Zibri's cracked this to work on the dedicated Tomtom units that use a memory card (but seems there is an audio problem on the new One XL models).
It will also work on the units with an internal hard drive, but do not think that the TTS will work on them though.

***Make sure you have a full working back up copy before making any changes !!***

I have now got this working on my Go500 - I just copied all the files onto my memory card - overwrote any existing files. You will need to have the LoquendoTTS files / folders installed BEFORE you add this version to your memory card.

LoquendoTTS is still working :) .
Can change the arrow icon for a car symbol.
The Help Me files are working.

Voice recognition does not work on my unit.
Map sharing / editing functions will not work on any older maps, & at the moment none of the new maps have been cracked & can only be activated using Tomtom Home.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7RGIKFJ2

morfsta
13-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Russell1,

I have downloaded the PC Loquendo TTS files, what is the required directory structure for Loquendo on the TomTom, where should those files sit on the GO?

TIA,

Morfsta

Russell1
13-08-2007, 04:23 PM
They go in the root of your memory card in the folder named LoquendTTS - not in any other folder. Once you've got that working you can then add these files.

morfsta
13-08-2007, 08:19 PM
I have put them (englishgb\simon) in the LoquendTTS folder and then overwrote the files with the zip file above. When I turn the tomtom on it starts booting and then goes off so something must be wrong.. :-(

Any ideas?

fabled
13-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Unit - TomTom One V2

As I had a spare SD card I gave this upgrade a spin, and bar the minor bug its great. Only one thing is stopping it from being perfect.

I took the in for a penny, in for a pound route, and also created an Mp3 and Photos folder in the root.

Started up with the drumbeat, looks great. Access photos, perfect. Access Mp3, silence. A search thru the menus brings me to a speaker option - internal, bluetooth or lineout.

I have selected internal for both music and instructions (tried the others as well), volume is at 90%. Nothing. Create a route, select demo, silence. Access voices, choose different voice, test, nada - you can hear a pin drop.

I know this software is gratefully brought to us as is, and I would love to use it, but my unit has gone mute:eek: Ah well, back to the bog standard version.:cool:

Thanks for keeping us up to date on all TT happenings:D

Cheers
Fabled.

Russell1
13-08-2007, 11:58 PM
What model of Tomtom have you got morfsta ? Sounds like you got everything where it should be.

morfsta
14-08-2007, 02:08 PM
I have an old GO300. Does the TTS work with 6.520? I have: -

1) Formatted the memory card from scratch using a proper SD formatter
2) Installed 6.520 firmware from tomtom
3) Added a map
4) Copied over the LoquendoTTS folder
5) Also put in the Simon TTS Files
6) Added Zibris crack
7) Restarted.

The mp3 (doesn't work) and photo (works) applications are created in the main menu. I can select the Simon computer voice and it comes up with the additional options to choose from for TTS. When I play a route demo, no sound is heard..

Can't work out what I'm doing wrong...

Update: it seems like this won't work with 32Mb devices like a GO300... I reverted to firmware 6.150 and TTS works fine.

Also tested Navcore 7 and this also fails.. The power of the devices just goes off.

Cheers,

Morfsta

Russell1
18-08-2007, 07:13 PM
I had a few problems today trying to put this new software on my daughters Go500, it would turn on for @ 10 seconds, not getting past the Splash screen and then it shut down. This happened using the original Tomtom memory card & also with a Toshiba 1gb card - both of these cards work 199% with software version 6 on them. Then I tried it using a Sandisk Ultra III 1gb card from my camera (I've got a Sandisk Ultra III 2gb card in my Go500) and it started up and stayed on. Then when I tried to use a voice demo it turned off again - eventually found out that it was because the volume was previously set at 100% - the voices sound quite a bit louder with TT v7, but now I could not get to the volume control to turn it down. So, back to the original card with a restored TT v6 - put it into the Tomtom, started up - got to the Volume Control & turned it down to 80%. Next it's back to the Sandisk card & TT v7 - put back in the unit and tried the sound - all OK now :) :).
So if you are going to install V7 make sure you turn down the volume a bit while you still have V6 working.