PDA

View Full Version : Go 720 SD cards?

dave3dg
18-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Just bought a 720, very impressive.

Did a lot of research before I bought and found various American forums for the 720 and most queries seem to concern the SD card:

SD card not recognised.
SD standard 2Gb or 4Gb, will it work?
SDHC, will that work?

I did try a 1Gb SD in mine but the 720 did not see it and I would really like to buy a SDHC 4Gb to be future-proof.

Also there were lots of complaints on the FM transmitter volume being rather weak and so users having to turn the stereo volume right up. On going back to the radio and forgetting to reduce the voume, wow! :eek:

Other GO 720 users experiences would be very welcome.

Regards,

dave3dg

xanadu
18-08-2007, 02:27 PM
A 1GB Viking SD card works great in my 720.

My 1GB Lexar SD does not work, and stops the 720 switching on.

Have read that the Transcend 4GB 150x SDHC works OK

dave3dg
19-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Thanks for your reply xanadu, I did hear of a 4 Gb 150 x SDHC possibly working but no 1st hand knowledge. I know they are not expensive, (about £20ish squids) but I have no use for the SDHC as my camera and phone both use Sony memory sticks.

There are quite a lot of reports like your own of certain brands of standard SD not working so even the standard SD is a bit of a mystery in itself. Can't understand why they have made SD so difficult to use when you look at the Sony memory, all differing sizes and speeds works with everything it's supposed to.

regards,

dave3dg

jimbobb
30-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Also just got a 720 love it to bits fantastic bit of kit.

Also experienced the same problems with the FM transmitter and the volume as looped the ipod through it and it played okay but the volume was really low when TOMTOM spoke.

What I am going to look into is a bluetooth adaptor for the car stereo might help resolve it.

dave3dg
30-08-2007, 10:40 AM
xanadu, I am trying to buy a 4Gb Transend 150x but hell they are rocking horse sh1t. I have one ordered off the tinterweb for £25 squids the cheapest I could find but out of stock :frown:

jimbobb, thanks for your input m8, it all helps. Please keep us informed as you go. You have a pm.

dave3dg

dave3dg
06-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Transend 4Gb normal speed works fine in the TT720. Itwas supposed to be a x150 card but the dealer cheated on me. The sly dogs are advertising x150 cards and a x60 arrives :frown:

It was formatted @ Fat32 and was recognised straight away and worked eventhough the dreaded red X on the SD card icon on boot-up was shown.

Got about 10 voices and 800 Mp3's on the card :D

Playback on the FM through the car stereo is a little lower than the radio level and the drop in sound quality is not really noticable on the move.

dave3dg