PDA

View Full Version : Am trying to make up my mind on a new HD receiver

Tarzan
20-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Hi,

I am trying to make up my mind as to which HD receiver I need buy and I have narrow my search to the following few. But I have a few questions for each one of them.

1) Technisat Digicorder HD S2: Twin tuner / Ethernet Port / In-built HDD / Low channel memory (4,000 channels) / No details about the sensitivity of the tuner / Very expensive

Are there any "custom" firmwares available for the above receiver or a CAM needs to be used with this receiver?

2) Clarke-Tech HD-5000: Single tuner/ No ethernet Port/ No in-built HDD / BIG channel memory (10,000 channels) / No details about the sensitivity of the tuner / averagely priced

Are the "custom" firmwares on a regular basis like the Technomate receivers or they come out once in a while?

3) Technomate HD receiver: No specific details as of now / Can assume the tuner to be good as the previous models / No price details.

I am sure the support for this receiver will be tremendous.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated

applematt
20-08-2007, 05:30 PM
I have 2 -- Humax 200HD + a Fortec StarHD.

The Humax for me is the better one also like the menu system. There is a good channel list for this as well. For future developments maybe the fortec will be better.

AndyX
20-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Also, on the market soon, is the Vantage 7100 and it's cheaper brother the 6000. Vantages are meant to have blind search. I think the Vantage website is a bit of a mess with languages mixed up. This, I must admit is a bit off putting. There are also a range of HD dvb-s2 PCI card on the market now if you have a powerful computer to do the processing.

applematt
20-08-2007, 08:29 PM
HD dvb-s2 PCI card -- you have links?

Found them -- Cool theing about PCi cards your be able to record to HD - hard disk