PDA

View Full Version : Splitter+DiSEq

FOX
26-08-2007, 08:49 PM
I would appreciate any feedbacks!

I have a set up with a diseq switch running 3 LNBs with a single cable coming into a spliiter feeding two receivers. In brief, it is not working so far and the signal doesn't seem to split between the two receivers.

Any views why it does not work? any solutions?

Thanks

Magwitch
26-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Splitter DC pass on wrong side?

Magwitch

FOX
26-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks Magwitch.

Can you please elaborate.I have splitter and the diseq connected through a single cable.

Magwitch
26-08-2007, 10:06 PM
The DC pass branch should be labelled on the splitter (usually a red line going from the input to one side).

If not (assuming you have a splitter with a DC pass on one port and an isolated one on the other), swop the two outputs.

You could of course have a splitter with no DC pass (won't work) or, heaven forbid ,one with a DC pass on both ports, which would possibly cause a problem with your switch or LNB if both of your receivers are working at the same time.

Magwitch

FOX
27-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks Magwitch,

Not sure what type of splitter I do have. It is a 6 way splitter with one in and 6 out. no indication on DC pass on it

Thanks Fox

Magwitch
27-08-2007, 10:46 PM
They come in many variations Fox - fully passive (no DC pass), all DC pass, or sometimes one port DC pass, but if there are no markings on a label, it's pretty sure to be a passive one.

Only thing I can suggest is to try each output connected to a working receiver to see if you get a signal. If nowt, it's a passive all outputs splitter (if your STB is set up correctly for DiseqC).

In which case, get a 2-output splitter with one DC pass.

Magwitch

FOX
28-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks Magwitch for the clarifications

stamfordblue
28-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Make sure you've got your Diseqcs in your receivers corresponding to your Diseqc setup on the LNBs