PDA

View Full Version : Route66 Mobile v7.3.545

Russell1
29-08-2007, 08:29 AM
No forum for Route66, so put this in here. Found these links for the software & UK map, it's for mobile phones, but I don't know what phones it works on - but should be OK on a N95, but I have not got any more info or installation instructions.

Route66_7.3.545.Patched.UnSigned. zip

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RTK20BP0

Route66_Britain_Map

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3RUU6N7A

FBOY
30-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Here is where I've got to.
Managed to get the prog loaded. But when i try and run it, the first screen starts the product activation process. There is the option to do this by SMS or web. In either case it requests a product key in order to get the activation key.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong. It maybe that I have to replace files in the system though,
Will keep trying.

Russell1
30-08-2007, 02:17 PM
I think you can use any code for this - just try entering something.

kosmo
30-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Here is where I've got to.
Managed to get the prog loaded. But when i try and run it, the first screen starts the product activation process. There is the option to do this by SMS or web. In either case it requests a product key in order to get the activation key.

Obviously I doing something wrong. It maybe that I have to replace files in the system though,
Will keep trying.

can you explain please step by step how you install.I try to install in nokia n95 without succes

kosmo

FBOY
30-08-2007, 10:08 PM
The latest attempt for activation says too many requests for that product key. 3 activations only it says. (I used a number in one of the readme).

But the real problem is that maybe I am using the wrong installer file, the official one instead of the pat'chd one. That's because the pat'chd one needs to go straight to the phone via usb, but the loader prog is not sending to the phone.

On the other hand the file r73545n95 will load (via card reader) to the memory card OK.

can you explain please step by step how you install.I try to install in nokia n95 without succes

Format the memory card (mine is 2GB) in the phone.
Now put card in card reader for speed of transfer and connect to computer.
Run the Route66 prog setup file.
When complete you now need to transfer maps to the card as well.
Explore the card drive and get to System/apps/route66/maps.
Now transfer the map files to that folder "maps"
(failure to do that, and you will later get a warning about "resources missing" from the Nokia).

Place memory card in phone.
Navigate to Tools/App Manager/mobile 7
Options, install.
then exit.

Navigate now to Applications, and you should see Route66 at the bottom.
Launch prog, and you will get the activation request.
You then have the option of SMS or web activation. Choosing web and you are given your IMEI to write down. I could not get SMS to work as it wanted to send a txt message to +31 620111911, and for some reason unreachable.

The interesting thing is that the patched file was sent to the memory card during installation of r73545n95. I don't understand it. If anyone can see where I am going wrong then please say.

kosmo
01-09-2007, 08:58 AM
I try to install but I get a error that some files are missing.
patched version not working cerification error.

kosmo

FBOY
01-09-2007, 09:56 AM
I try to install but I get a error that some files are missing.
patched version not working cerification error.

kosmo
I have got some other ideas, so I will try them first and then post results.

FBOY
03-09-2007, 12:34 AM
I have finally got a working version of Route66 on the N95.
The whole process is very fiddly and complicated. You firstly need to understand about Symbian and signing of the software.

Symbian makes the operating system and it won't allow software to be installed on the phone unless it is "signed". This signing involves submitting the software for approval by Symbian (normally). This process can be shortened, because Symbian allows developers to register with them, and once you are registered, you can use their website to automatically get signed certificates for each phone (using the IMEI). Once you get a certificate, you can then sign any software to be installed on your phone. At the moment Symbian have closed the registration process, but say it will reopen in the future.

Now to the specifics. When you see links to Route66, only the unsigned versions are of any potential use, as any signed version you see will have been for somebody's specific phone.
So only bother downloading the unsigned patched version.You then have the problem of getting the software signed for your phone. There are several forums where members have registered with Symbian, and can get certificates for you. All in all a tedious process. Might be better off paying Nokia the 40 pounds for 3 years, and downloading their maps.

Bal
31-10-2007, 12:20 AM
Can you tell me where you can find Speed Camera POI for it as I had a previous version and wiped it off as TT was better.

Also the Maps seem old as a road which had been changed for over a year and half is wrong on this.

Thanks

martind
07-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Just bought a RAC sat nav with route 66 is there anything out there for this