PDA

View Full Version : evolve evo 8800

rkraw3
31-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Hi anyone using this receiver,? are they any good. is the tuner good on weaker sigs ? . looking at this receiver , you can pick them up at a good price and they say they are compatable with diablo, but do they work well ? :confused:.

many thanks,,...

rkraw3..

suprapower
31-08-2007, 02:07 PM
If it`s the last thing you do, DON`T even dream of one of these. I bought a carton (5) and three are giving problems........ quality and cheap don`t go together

rkraw3
31-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Hi suprapower thanks will forget about that one, i thought there was something wrong with them ,to many around at a good price.. will hunt around for another make..

rkraw3.

stamfordblue
01-09-2007, 11:19 AM
I wondered when someone was going to post about these...lol
Seen them new for £40 delivered giving 4 x *** View channels for 12 months.
Thanks for the warning suprapower....

rkraw3
08-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Hi picked one up for peanuts :D wow this would be a great receiver if it was not so buggy, menu is good , tuner is great i am getting channels my db500 and clarketech cant see. picture is good works with diablo, great on the digi channels on thor.. but it gets hot very hot , and the motor for the dish well it just does not stop , would i recomend well no not whith the bugs, but if the bugs were or could be sorted i would say yes great .. going to fit a small fan to see if i can keep the heat down and see if its heat thats causing the bugs :confused: they could have had a winner here....

rkraw3..

joshjess
02-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Also i found that the memory crashes and you lose all the sats and channels and have to switch off at mains switch back on and set up again. This happened on 5 different boxes and is a known fault hence the very cheap price! Stear clear and spend a bit more on a Technomate or similar