PDA

View Full Version : LNB configuration

rambo
03-09-2007, 05:49 AM
Hi all,
My Dreambox is set up for 4 LNB's configuration via Diseqc. with the Satellite names selected from the scroll down lists but I think the LNB settings for one of the Satellites are incorrect. Does anyone know how to adjust these settings?
Paul.

aslat
03-09-2007, 09:19 AM
You mean 3 are switching to the correct sat but the 4th is not?

rambo
03-09-2007, 11:20 AM
You mean 3 are switching to the correct sat but the 4th is not?

Effectively that's what is happening but I don't think the frequency Hi and Lo are set correctly as firstly I am not getting the channels I should and secondly when I do a scan it only picks up ku band channels and not C band channels that I'm looking for.
Paul.

aslat
03-09-2007, 01:40 PM
What satellite are you looking at? Whats your location?

Can you give an example of a) what channel is working and its frequency and b) what non-channel you are scanning and its frequency.

That way, other members can help a bit better...

rambo
03-09-2007, 03:37 PM
What satellite are you looking at? Whats your location?

Can you give an example of a) what channel is working and its frequency and b) what non-channel you are scanning and its frequency.

That way, other members can help a bit better...

I am in the Middle east and picking up channels on Nilesat(7w), Badr(26e), Hotbird(13e) but not the C-Band channels on Intelsat(68.5e). When I go into the user defined sat configuration I notice that the Intelsat settings are set for ku band frequencies. I know that the Lo frequency for c band is 5150 but do not know the Hi and the threshold settings so when I try to save it it tells me that the settings are not correct and cannot be saved.
Paul.

aslat
03-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Sorry, I can't get Intelsat so I can't test it..my dish only goes to 42e..

Maybe someone else can help you

McDude
05-09-2007, 03:42 AM
Just taking a guess here, but aren't C band frequencies for analogue receivers so can't be picked up by digital receivers?

rambo
05-09-2007, 06:02 AM
Just taking a guess here, but aren't C band frequencies for analogue receivers so can't be picked up by digital receivers?

No this is not true. I have a Mutant which is receiving all four satellites unfortunately it does not show me the figures I need either.
Paul.