PDA

View Full Version : stronger signal

blobchamp
04-09-2007, 06:14 PM
I am using a monoblock lnb on an 80cm fixed dish I was wondering if i shortened the arm and brought the lnb nearer the dish would I get a stronger signal. any ideas.

Krikkitt
04-09-2007, 06:17 PM
No - you'd get nothing at all then.
The LNB arm is at the focal point of the dish, and so is already placed at optimum.

You could shorten the cable length, or get better less lossy cable though.

Rgds

K.:)

NeasdenNW10
04-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Or a bigger dish, or a more sensitive receiver, or perhaps a lower noise figure LNB might help.
Norm

aslat
05-09-2007, 07:12 PM
So am I right in thinking a 0.3 is better then a 0.6 and a 0.1 would be the best LNB ?

NeasdenNW10
05-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Hi aslat
I did quote " or perhaps a lower noise figure LNB might help."
All I can claim is that my 0.2dB Smart Titanuim LNB gives me better/more consistant reception of Nilesat and BADR than a Smart 0.1dB, an Ice 0.2dB, a C h e s s 0.2dB, an MTI Blueline 0.2db, a Golden Interstar 0.3db and a Cambridge 0.6dB that I have in my spares box.
Norm

abr
05-09-2007, 09:28 PM
@NeasdenNW10

is there any difference in the smart titanium TTG and TTX

thinking of getting a one with twin outputs for 2 rx
at the moment i have a golden interstar but not sure of the low noise figure approx 3 years old.

just looking for good price

NeasdenNW10
06-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Hi abr
The Smart Titanium that I have is the TSX, which is nearly two years old.
Sorry, but as I have no experience of the models that you mentioned, I cannot be of any help.
The only thing that I can say, is that prior to getting the Smart Titanium 0.2dB LNB, the best one of my collection was the Golden Interstar 0.3dfB LNB
regards Norm

abr
06-09-2007, 06:22 PM
@NeasdenNW10
the 2 lnb's i mentioned are the latest twin lnb.

i have a dreambox and samsung9500 working from1mtr motorized dish so therefore have the twin

the golden interstar works well with a signal strength of 86% on 19deg.

but this footy season the picture seems to break up on premiere sport portal and i only get a signal strength of 76 to 80%.
when i use the dreambox and 42"plasma the break up is quite noticable.
however if i use the samsung with a 26" samsung lcd it's not too bad

thought maybe if i fit a new twin 0.2bd twin lnb i might get better picture quality on the plasma

but the problem only seems to be on premiere portal
so may have to put up with it;)

NeasdenNW10
06-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Hi abr
I know nothing about premier.
One thing that I have noticed on a number of boards is that posters seem to think that dreamboxes are not the most sensitive of receivers ie dreamboxes will lose lock whereas technomates and vantages will still be giving a full picture and sound.
Another observation has been that some members (on different boards) have reported that they do not get the same quality level from both ports of a dual LNB.
With a larger screen any abnormalities/pixellation will be more noticeable.
Have you tried changing over your boxes/TV's/LNB ports to see which is the best combination for watching your football?
NORM.