PDA

View Full Version : Sky HD with Humax 2000?

zeppelin
08-09-2007, 12:46 PM
I searched, but I didn't found an answer:

Is it possible to watch SKY HD with Humax 2000 with Diablo or T-Rex 4.6?

denis1501
08-09-2007, 12:54 PM
To the best of my knowledge it is not possible. Sky HD can only be watched on a Sky HD box.
regards
D.

mintywilliams
11-09-2007, 04:48 PM
i tried it once but couldnt get it to work.

Les_Laurentides
11-09-2007, 06:55 PM
You can watch Sky Channels including HD with Humax 2000, T-Rex 4.6, AND A VALID SKY CARD

denis1501
11-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Since when?? More info please! Do you have this set-up yourself??
regards
D.

3tv
11-09-2007, 07:29 PM
been available with dragoncam/trex for months with genuine sub

spud
11-09-2007, 08:12 PM
bbchd is as good as your get i'm afraid.

been available with dragoncam/trex for months with genuine sub

Oh looks like im wrong,sorry

millenium2005
13-09-2007, 12:15 AM
But not in the 1000, dragon 5.9 and sub. Got all excited then

morfsta
13-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Sky HD should work with latest Dragon / T-REX on a Humax HDCI 2000 (or 1000? it has a CI slot right?)

foggy
13-09-2007, 12:41 PM
i did not think the t-rex could handle sly hd

mintywilliams
29-10-2007, 10:50 AM
you can get sly hd with official sub as long as its updated in a sly box ( doesnt have to be their hd box ) i have got sly hd using a dragon cam and i have the fortec star passion.make sure you put card back in sly box every 4weeks to keep it updated.

chelseaboy
08-01-2008, 02:01 PM
bbchd is as good as your get i'm afraid.

Oh looks like im wrong,sorry

Can someone please confirm this if i put my sky card in a humax hdci2000 and my dragon cam i will be able to view all the channels that i subscribe to with sky?

And would i be correct in saying i would only be able to watch the high defintion channels if i subscribe for them?

So basically if i didnt subscribe to sky hd the only high defintion channel i would get would be bbchd?

Chelseaboy

applematt
08-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Some good info on the below link regarding using a Sly card in a non-sly reciver --- also good info on cards. Helped me as I had no idea I could use a sly card and get c5/c4 in uk.

www.uk-satellite-tv.co.uk/skycardsinfo_64999.html

Using your Sly card in a non-Sly receiver
Not possible until very recently, it is now possible to emulate the CAM so that a Sly card can be used in another make of satellite receiver apart from those made by Sly. This can be done via the softcam on the Dreambox or using a T Rex CAM in the CI slot of another make of receiver. One of the main problems with this type of system (or at least with the TRex cam) is that the card cannot receive the regular updates from Sly and will 'go to sleep' after a few weeks. This problem is easily rectified by placing it back in a Sly digibox for 24 hours, but this could be an inconvenience. The CAM emulators on a Dreambox will keep the card updated and will prevent the card from 'going to sleep', so this is the better system. However, the Dreambox is an enthusiast's receiver and really only suitable for those with good IT skills. Don't expect it to work with your Sly card until you have loaded the emulators. None of the emulators can do the very first activation of the Sly card, which has to be done in a Sly Digibox.

Aside from the fact that the use of a CAM emulator would probably mean breaking the terms of your Sly contract, our view on this type of system is that it lacks any benefit for the vast majority of users. The lack of the excellent Sly EPG (electronic programme guide) means that the user-friendliness of the system is limited. The only benefit is that it could possibly be used in a non-Sly receiver with built-in hard disc to provide a (very limited) type of Freesat Sly Plus.

bbeef
08-01-2008, 05:08 PM
i use cccam with my sly card in my dream box and it auto updates so you dont have to keep putting in back in the sly box every 4 weeks :-) bit off topic but relevant to the thread...

DIMPS
08-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Hi I Have Cam Sly Hd Sub Humax Hd Box But Can Only Get The Basic Sly No Sport Or Films Please Tell Me What I Need To Do For The Full Monty On My Humax Hd Box Sport An Films Cheers

chelseaboy
08-01-2008, 05:32 PM
I used to use my sky card in my humax hdci2000 with my dragon cam and the channels worked fine you just had to add you sky box serial to the dragon cam.

What im asking is, i know the sky channels work with a proper subscription in a humax hdci2000 and a dragon cam but to get the high definition channels would i have to pay the 10 pound extra sub to recieve them through a humax?

For instance i used to subscribe to all the channels, movies, sports, discovery and the rest at 45 pound a month, and i used to be able to view them all on my humax hdci2000 with the dragon cam and my original card.

But it did not unscramble the discovery hd, sky movies hd and sky sports hd, to do this i would have had to pay the full ammount plus the 10 pound for hd channels?

If i can the hd channels at no extra cost i wish i would have kept it, but when i had my humax hdci2000 the only high definition channel i could get was bbc hd, which was good for the world cup.

I used to get other hd channels but in the end i sold mine and went down a different route to view High Definition.

thanks chelseaboy