PDA

View Full Version : Sign up 4 HD bbc and itv

madgooner
18-09-2007, 10:48 PM
This Freesat was reported back in april, show your interest and sign up and tell them to get their finger out! Free HD telly next easter. If anyone can find out if any HD sat reciever will do or has it goto be supplied. Thanks

hxxp://www.bbc-freesat.co.uk/index.htm

jackpot18uk
18-09-2007, 11:28 PM
According to the site, the transmissions will be Free to air.

Michael Grade (ITV Executive Chairman) said "Freesat will build on the success of Freeview by offering viewers a simple and cost effective way of upgrading to digital TV. By filling in the current gaps in Freeview coverage, Freesat will ensure that a free-to-air, no strings attached option for accessing digital TV is available to the whole of the UK ahead of digital switchover. By offering HD capability we will future proof Freesat if, as expected, high definition television continues to capture the imagination of UK viewers."
The current single-channel HDTV service for the BBC is only a test service. It possible that the BBC may provide the main channels in HD
It is possible that ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 and CITV may be broadcast in HD.

So as it stands at the moment any HD capable receiver will do. They defiantly wont be using Skys NDS system.

crabber
19-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Very good news then!!!

catseye
19-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Hiya
U can add Ch4 to the list from December -Only waiting on Ch5 to agree to HD service to make the set!

morfsta
21-09-2007, 10:11 AM
@catseye, where is the source of Channel 4 in HD from December?

suttons
21-09-2007, 10:37 AM
I think ch 4 will be encrypted so you have to buy a $ y box. so ive read elsewere.

FBOY
21-09-2007, 11:11 AM
@catseye, where is the source of Channel 4 in HD from December?
Everywhere.

eg.

Channel 4 is to launch a high definition simulcast of its flagship analogue network on Sky's digital satellite service in December.

The broadcaster will become the first terrestrial analogue network to launch a full-schedule HD channel in the UK.

However, at launch Channel 4 will only produce and transmit a "proportion" of programmes on its schedule in HD, with future plans to increase investment on programming in this format.

"The launch Channel 4 HD represents an early, cost efficient entry into a valuable, emerging market and an important enhancement to the service offered to the rapidly increasing number of HD viewers," said the Channel 4 director of new business, Rod Henwood.

"We believe that increased investment in HD at this stage could help boost HD production for the benefit of producers of Channel 4 programmes who will find their programmes more saleable in the international market."

Channel 4's new HD simulcast will initially be available to digital satellite subscribers to Sky HD. There are plans to make it available on digital cable TV and Freeview in the future.

FBOY
21-09-2007, 11:14 AM
I think ch 4 will be encrypted so you have to buy a $ y box. so ive read elsewere.

My guess is that C4HD will be FTV. So any sly card in a dragon might be enough.

morfsta
21-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Hmmm you would hope so, but: -

"Channel 4's new HD simulcast will initially be available to digital satellite subscribers to Sky HD. "

doesn't sound too promising does it?

foxlighter
21-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Does any one watch all these itv channels itv1/itv2/itv3/itv4 I cant stand the channels to much Adverts, dont think this new HD box will do anything i mean who can take on the likes of the skytv, remember ondigital/bsb both went down the tubes real fast owing £millions all over the place plus your better going out and buying your self a satellite reciever which can pick up these HD channels like
the bbc HD and you know your going to get a whole lot better picture than these freeview boxes, but i've got to ask you this, you know channel 5 will this channels be free to view at some stage just like channles itv/chan4 can any tell me when this is to happen because i can get all bbc/itv/chan4 channels but not 5, if you want to see all these channels go out and buy your self a HD reciever now and dont bother with itvHD:D:D:D

dave859
21-09-2007, 01:43 PM
itv have the rights to F1 so i think this itvHD will be worth it and along with the football it will be a must have for me.